SW Free smash pizza

Hi everyone

You will see popping around from different forums because I can't make my mind up which diet I am on from one day to the next lol but the weight is heading in the right direction so that is all that matters. I tried the smash pizza and it didn't turn out very nice. How thick do you make the base?

Thanks

Sherby xx

Thin, Thin, Thin, as Thin as you can otherwise it is horrid.

I can't wait to try this! Pizza is one thing that I've kinda missed since starting SW. Didn't want to have any using syns cos then I'd want it all the time - It's all or nothing with me!

It works best if the base is as thin and as dry as possible - add water till it starts making large crumbs then push out onto a baking tray lined with foil and sprayed with frylight to about 1/2 cm ideally. You can then turn it over and peel the foil off half way through.

Its not gonna taste exactly like a sinfull pizza but its a good substitute and if you put plenty of garlic and fresh basil in the base it removes some of the potato flavour. Good luck!

I made this pizza for lunch yesterday, it was lovely. I made the base about 1cm thick and brushed it with egg before baking it. And for topping I used smoky bacon, onion, red pepper and LF mozzarella and a little grated cheddar with a sprinkling of Italian seasoning. Apart from the mozzarella I just used whatever was left in the fridge. I stay predominantly on EE so I had no syns and used HeA for the cheese. I was going to have it with some SW chips but ran out of time due to a huge barny with the OH :rolleyes: so I just had it on it's own....had to share with the OH though :mad: He enjoyed it too.

I'm making it tonight. Hope the base turns out ok!

Hmm this sounds great...ano ya make the base thin...but wha dya make it out of?? haha never heard of these!! am a newbie! Sound fun thoo x x

:pHiya ive just tucked into a yummy SW pizza made with smash and topped with fresh pineapple, mushroom and cheese (Hb) lovely

I made this pizza on Friday night and it was yummy!!! Did the base really thin as people advised. Added a tbsp of tomato puree (0.5 syns)to the passata and herbs to thicken it up a bit. Brushed the base with egg when nearly cooked. It was fully loaded too - topped with roast beef, mushrooms, tomato, courgette, peppers, onion and sweetcorn (I fried the courgettes, peppers and onions in Frylight to soften them a little). Finished off with very LF mature chedder as HEX-A (which didn't melt, it went hard, so will try LF Mozz next time!) and lots of oregano!

This is defo one to make again!!

If you fancy something different instead of pizza topping try this:
- Add sage & garlic to the base mix & cook as normal.
- Fry 2 finely sliced red onions with frylight till soft then add 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar & reduce till almost dry.
- Spread the base with soft goats cheese (Hex) and top with the onions.
- Bake as you would a pizza, makes a lovely sin-free Goats cheese & caramelised onion tart-ish.

Also has anyone tried doing Garlic bread with smash? If so is it any good?

Cheers

Well, I did one of these for lunch. The base wasn't completely crispy though, I think I didn't make it thin enough (although it WAS very thin!)
The OH really loved it though!

i have to try this, I am missing my pizza fix... especially as our consultant told us today that pizza is 20 syns per slice.... !! Per slice I nearly fainted

Haven't made this for ages! Think I'll have one this weekend whilst watching a DVD with a glass of vino! :)

Make up smash with boiling water, but make it quite firm.
Place on a baking tray that has been sprayed with frylight, spray top of base with frylight too and put in really hot oven until golden and cripsy...turn over and do the same.
When "cooked", spoon over some passata mixed with garlic and mixed herbs. Add chopped onions, mushrooms, sweetcorn and peppers and other free foods to top and cover with allowance of grated cheese. Put back in oven until cheese has melted and serve!

Delicious!

I will try this while my husband is away this weekend:wave_cry:. I love Smash anyway so I am really looking forward to this.

Thanks for sharing:D

Whhhhaaat? I've just got round to buying it and you tell me its no longer free :(

It is still free according to SW online!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Smash Smash, Original, made up with water, dried 100g made up[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 3 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green Free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

Yay!!!! :)

Back