SW friendly donar meat recipie (just like a take away)

PrincessJazmine

Ok so when my mum bought me the book 'The Takeaway Secret' by Kenny McGovern I was flicking through and noticed a recipie for Lamb Donar Kebab! The recipie is pretty simple and syn free on an EE day or a red day too!!!

It tastes amazing! So I thought I would share the recipie with you guys to try for yourself!

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon plain flour
1 teasooon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
500g/1.1 lb lamb mince

Method:
Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F

In a large bowl, combine the plain flour, dried oregano, dried italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.

Add the lamb mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching and kneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.

Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place on a baking tray.

Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning.

Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.

Slice the donar kebab as thinly as possible and serve with pitta, salad and sauces!!!

ENJOY! :D

I love you

Ha ha ha! honestly you will love it! my only advise is that you need to make the meat really smooth like it says!!! it can go a little crumbly if not
xxx

Saturday nights mission :D I don't eat red meat But a kebab is an exception, except I haven't eaten one for a few years because of finding out what they do with the meat lol so this is genius x

This sounds good and am definately gonna give it a go but just wanted to point out that only extra lean lamb mince is free (and can be quite difficult to find!) so if using standard lamb mince its 1 syn per 28g (so about 18 syns for the loaf) x

Wonder if it would work with quorn mince

I will do.. that italian mixed herbs, is it just mixed herbs? I've got a jar in the cupboard

Sounds yummy.. but how many does this serve? Since flour is synned?

I was thinking about the syns in the flour too!

Would it work with beef mince as I buy that extra lean all the time, so maybe then its just the flour to syn??

Thanks

Well it didn't work with quorn because it's not the right texture...but it tasted just like doner meat. I didn't put any flour in so it was free. I'm gonna have to get over my red meat fear and try making it proper

Mmmmmmm, this certainly sounds like one to try :)

Back