SW Minimins Dryathlon Team (Alcohol Free January)

I'd love to do that but hubby drinks fri sat and Sunday, I can see me joining him unless of corse when I start again that I gain weight. I'm only 3lb away from my end target and don't wanna mess it up!

I'm not drinking until the 8th of feb :) extending it by 8 days, so I have a clear, booze free two weeks with no trips out in which to lose as much weight as I can, as feb/mar is going to be a tough one to maintain, let alone lose, in.

well done everyone, we've done FAB! Not long to go now, when do you all think your first drinks are gonna be?

I am out on the 9th February.....might wait until then. :eek: and like you Mandlegrot it might help with more weightloss....although still waiting for a miracle for that :D

I've decided that to celebrate completing that I'd try to get a babysitter and go out for a drink on fri night. Hubby and I moved here in August and we haven't been to the pub yet! Only one here so I'm looking forward to it, hopefully see some neighbours and make some new friends.

Failing that I probably will have a drink in the house, I'm going to try to stay away from vino until I'm at target though, gin and slim for me!

Just had a horrible thought....I used to have about 5 syns a day and save the rest for alcohol at the weekend but I'm having the full 15 a day since this challenge began.
How on earth am I going to go back to about 5 a day! Boo!!!!

TWO MORE OFFICIAL 'DRY NIGHTS' #nowttodowithtenalady :D

Love this!

One more full day to go! Well done to everyone. Go us!!

Agghhhh! We've nearly done it!!!
Everyone's going out for a drink after work tomorrow to celebrate the end of tax returns but I've declined, it's still January after all!

Just checking in to say well done to everyone! Can't actually believe I've managed this and do feel proud of myself! Also panicking about syns as I've got used to having a Curly Wurly or a light choccy trifle of an evening but I'm going to try and keep a lid on wine consumption so that I can still enjoy having food treats too!

Enjoy Friday xx

What has anyone learnt this month? I learned that there are fun things to do while not drinking (cinema, bowling, museums) and that being the only sober person isn't nearly as bad as I thought. I may try for DryMarch? Anyone?

X

I have learnt that I use alcohol in the wrong way and am an emotional drinker as much as an emotional eater. I have only craved or missed alcohol when i've needed comfort or escapism...I have not really missed it in social situations, weirdly. I think it will have changed the way I look at alcohol and will definatley make me reconsider drinking on a normal day in the week I am going to try to limit alcohol drinking to two or three times a month - these might be big sessions, but i'd rather drink then forget about it for a few weeks. I have learnt I don't need to drink straight gin on the allotment to have a good time!! and its been lovely not having hangovers and £££ missing from my wallet, nice being able to drive everywhere, nice being focused and determined in the mornings especially!

Firstly congratulations to all the Minimins Dryathletes.......we have just gone and bl@@dy done it!!!!! :0clapper:

I never would have believed that I had the willpower to sustain a whole 31 days.

Highs

• No hangovers
  • More money to spend
  • Recycling bin - not clinking when I am putting it out
  • Better sleep
  • Skin and eyes much brighter
  • 7lb weight loss
  • Raised £130 for Cancer Research

Lows

• Dry skin on face for the first two weeks
  • Tired for most of the month (in bed before 10.30pm)
  • Vivid dreams
  • Weekends were hard
  • Only a 7lb weight loss

Still undecided whether to have a drink tomorrow or not :confused:

But let us celebrate our success and the contribution we have made in helping to find a cure for cancer.

WELL DONE :D

Last edited:
We did it!!!!!!

Highs for me... Doing it, I didn't think I could!
Lows...... Hubby says he can wait for it to be over as i haven't been relaxing after stressful work but jan is over, tax returns finitto!

Just got to sort these mysterious headaches out and I'm all cool, drinks are on hubby tonight!

Oh my god I can't believe I actually done it! I thought I would cave on the 3rd!! Well done to everyone x

Haha! Even just having moral support from other people in the same (alcoholic) boat has been great...its been lovely sharing this loooong month with you all :party0036:

Back