SW Minimins Dryathlon Team (Alcohol Free January)

I nearly caved last night but for people sponsoring me. My car was smashed into and the ******* drove off without leaving a note. Could have murdered a bottle of wine but I resisted and had some sweets instead. I know that's not on plan but I was in that kinda mood. Back on the plan first thing Monday morning though!!

God dam *******s for driving off!

Glad I'm not the only one who fancies a drink after a stressful day, it's defo my downfall but that's one thing I'm changing once this is over, I can't afford to drink in the week anyway!

Sorry to hear about you car lo_la :(

Lol.....not giving into the urge....it's all in the mind....and like you too many people who have sponsored me, want results....:)

Bloody *****************!! No need for it! Well done on not reaching for the bottle though, you did well. I am undecided on wether to drink this weekend or not - I need to drive the next morning so can't drink anything more than 2 pints if cider to be safe, will work out over £10 a pint if I pay for a golden ticket :( cannae afford it as I'm off to India soon but equally I will be quite dull without a drink. Think I may drive straight into central London go to the gig then drive back to norwich - a stone cold reason not to drink, but am gonna have to save up some syns for energy drinks lol. Anyone know syns in monster energy drinks? A few of them will get me through the night and thr drive home :)

Hey All
I am really confused as I have received an email from Cancer Research Dryathalon saying Congratulations on reaching over £100 in donations and it says I have raised £117. But when I go to my page it still shows as £96. lol!
So I am wondering if they have sent me this in error lol. I got so excited at first thinking someone else has donated to me :(

I have to admit I have really enjoyed taking part in this and not really felt like a drink at all, I've decided now not to drink for the sake of drinking anymore and will only enjoy a couple if Hubby and I go out for the evening or something.

Stacey xxx

http://www.minimins.com/syn-values/287871-monster-energy-drink.html

I doubt whether you will be dull :confused: and that's alot of money for two ciders.....Is it worth it? for the sake of 9 days (including today)

I'm going to be surrounded by drunks, and people who are used to me drinking - I have decided to drive straight to the gig in central London so I have a valid reason to not drink...then I will drive back to Norwich at about 4am, will take 3 hours ish, hence the energy drinks. I didn't realise they would be that high :( I suppose its all the sugar. I usually drink 2-3 cans of Monster Chaos if I drive so early/late but I could take a flask of super strength coffee. My mums is on the M11 on the way out of LDN anyway so if I'm that tired at least I can snooze there for a bit...but I got work at 2.30pm back in Norwich so would rather make it home before sleeping. ARGHHHH why so busy! Might have to save some syns up during the week for full sugar energy drinks, I hate artificial sweeteners (nasty stuff!) and sugar makes me hyper anyway so its a good idea to neck a load of high sugar stuff if I want to stay awake.

I will really regret it if I drink - plus I can't afford it really. And what is the point :) Thank you all for motivation - 9 days to go, I wonder which one of us will drink first in Feb?

Hey All
I am really confused as I have received an email from Cancer Research Dryathalon saying Congratulations on reaching over £100 in donations and it says I have raised £117. But when I go to my page it still shows as £96. lol!
So I am wondering if they have sent me this in error lol. I got so excited at first thinking someone else has donated to me :(

I have to admit I have really enjoyed taking part in this and not really felt like a drink at all, I've decided now not to drink for the sake of drinking anymore and will only enjoy a couple if Hubby and I go out for the evening or something.

Stacey xxx

Just topped you up ;)

You're welcome - I sort of jumped on the dryathlon after hearing about it on here - I haven't arranged any fundraising as I'd left it too late really, so good to do my bit :)

Hi MrsWilson, I got a similar email but I think it's including tax relief, they can claim it back or something like that.

I've started counting the days, to be honest I've stopped craving alcohol now (except the car incident). I'm going out Friday 1st and I think it's gonna be a big one, I hope I don't lose all the alcohol tolerance I spent so long building up! Haha

Bahhhhh stayed the same at weigh in..........it doesn't add up grrrrr . Nevermind, might get a good result next week. :rolleyes:

I am not going out tomorrow night now - after all of that planning!! My laptop decided to die on me last night so renders me unable to do my DJ set for Saturday...HOWEVER this is gonna save me money, time and also not put me in an awkward drinking scenario so I'm STRAIGHT AHEAD for no drink until 8th Feb now :) I'm getting good losses not drinking so want to keep going with it as much as I can..I've learnt a lot about my drinking habits and cravings this last month :)

Cool stuff mrs!

How we all going? I can't believe how easy it is now, I kinda wish it wasn't next weekend that I can actually have a drink, I know I will because yes I've missed it a little.

Cool stuff mrs!

How we all going? I can't believe how easy it is now, I kinda wish it wasn't next weekend that I can actually have a drink, I know I will because yes I've missed it a little.

Hahahaha.......that's the way I feel......I am a bit apprehensive about having a drink, as I don't want to fall back into old habits :cool:.

Although in my head I can have a drink next friday.............I am not sure I want one or not #undecided

But hey girlies........we have nearly done it.....I never thought I could do it....and my family and friends are also quite surprised too!!!!

Lets see it through to the end xxxx

So, this time next week we (me) will be nursing hangovers. It's gone so quick!

Back