SW Solo - time to look after me

I think that's a really smart thing to do :) and the magic of SW is you can be ''on a diet'' and still eat the most filling meals with friends and family!!

I don't know what the Dukan diet is... but i did Atkins when I was younger and yes, it worked I lost over a stone in 14 days, but looking back it was wrong. I wasn't a big meat eater anyway so spent 2 weeks living off chicken and sausages cold/hot. So basically starved myself :( it's not right.

SW has given me the opportunity to try new foods... I used to be a picky eater and now I eat so much fruit and veg that, a few years ago, i wouldn't even have looked twice at!!

Exercise is where I fail lol but i've just started the Kettleworx programme. There's a thread on here about it 'secret to shaping up' and looking at peoples progress has given me alot of incentive :)

xxx

Healthy start to the day:

Fresh fruit with yoghurt - amazing what a sunny day can do to me :) strawberries, raspberries, grapes, nectarine and fat free natural yoghurt. Yummy. That's after I cooked scrambled eggs on toast for the littluns.

Lunch: salad of lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, yellow pepper, sugar snap peas, baby corn, grapes, couscous and half a tin of salmon.

Also went for a walk and I'll be mowing the lawn later, so not as immobile as usual.

It is boiling here today! I love a bit of sunshine :D

Just got back from Ice Skating. What a good day I've had for exercise. It's 6pm now - I've put chips in the oven for the girls, and the pork chops (fully stripped of any visible fat) have been cooking in the slow cooker since this morning with tomatoes, onion, stock, water, herbs and spices and smell delicious!

I'll have some brown rice with mine, and we'll all have broccoli. It doesn't feel like a Friday.

Dinner was lush. Strawberries and vanilla muller light for pudding. Evening snack - all bran and skimmed milk (HEB/A)

Night all x

Breakfast: egg, bacon, quorn sausage, mushrooms, tinned tomatoes.
Snack: apple
Lunch: chilli with brown rice, muller light.
Tea: apple, a few grapes, half a cornflake cake (made by my lovely girls)
Snack: bowl of crunchy bran and skimmed milk (HEA/B)

Also mowed the lawn and did a bit of gardening, but mostly read the papers, so not hugely energetic.

Very tired tonight and have a headache, so I'm off for an early night which, if nothing else, will stop me from eating or drinking anything that I shouldn't. :)

Night all, hope you're having a lovely weekend. X

Ooh sounds like a nice day :) doesn't look like you have had any syns today though?? Unless I've read it wrong? Enjoy your early night, hope you feel better xx

Thanks bugs! I'm not sure how many syns I'm allowed?

I have 2 nights out next week - Tuesday supper at a friends, she usually cooks healthily but I know we're going to drink too much having a girly catch-up. And on Saturday I'm going to a birthday party in London which again will involve alcohol. So I'm saving my syns this week as far as poss :)

Hope your weekend is going well, have u got a diary on here? I'll check it out next time I'm on a computer - using the phone now. X

I love the fact you are trying not to pass on dieting vibes/habbits to your daughters! :)
I wish my mum had done that! LOL. She stills trys to start diets and fails normally in the 1st evening. I even sat with her and my SW books, i have cooked for her (she lost 10 lbs in the 2 weeks) then i caught her throwing an empty box of chocs away (she had eaten them all!) and basically if yr heart is not in it then no one can force you to diet!
You seem very positive about it all and i wish you lots of luck! Can't wait to see yr loss on Wednesday! (I too am going to try find my lighter day LOL) x

Thanks Cai. Dieting and weight is such a tricky issue, especially for girls and women. There's a whole debate to be had there, and mums aren't the only ones to blame (the media comes pretty high up the list). We can only do our best as parents.
Good for you to try and help your mum, but you are so right that you have to be in the right frame of mind and ready to make a commitment to change if you're going to stick with a diet. X

Sundays diary.
Breakfast: quorn sausage, beans, mushrooms, potato
Lunch: half a leftover chop, onion, pepper, brown rice
Tea: boiled gammon, rice n peas, broccoli, runner beans, carrots, parsnips, peppers, bit of gravy. (3 syns for gravy and rice n peas)
2x g&t (8syns)
Finn crisp & laughing cow light (HE)

Monday - back to school today, and back to reality. Here's hoping I can stick with it now real life rushing around on the school run and work is back on the agenda.

Happy Monday all! :)

Breakfast: 3 egg omelette with peppers, onion and tomato
Lunch: banana, slice of ham, apple (on the run)
Tea: chilli, brown rice, green beans and courgette. I cooked the courgette by cutting it into strips length-ways and griddling it. Lush!
2x g&t = 4 syns
Snack - slice of ham.

Nite all x

Put the syns value for my G&Ts wrong yesterday - 2x4=8 :eek:

Today so far:
breakfast: egg, bacon, beans
lunch: mushy pea curry

Dinner - not sure what I'll be having as I'm off to a friends for supper tonight. She usually cooks healthily, but I don't like to tell people I'm on a diet so I'm going to write this evening off in advance! I'll skip pudding though.

Shame it's the day before wi :sigh:

Well last night was a bit of a disaster, but I did my best.

There were crisps and dips to start with which I would usually tuck into with gusto - didn't eat one! :innocent0002:

Supper was pasta (filled with cheese :() and salad (dressed and with parmesan :() and garlic bread (which I didn't touch :innocent0002:) and lemon cheesecake for pudding (which I politely declined :innocent0002:)

And then there was the wine... Suffice to say I have a headache and a raging thirst today :rolleyes:

Still, on the plus side it was wi today and I lost 2lbs :D

So I'm staying positive and back on track for the rest of the week (well, at least until Saturday when I'm going out again)

Breakfast today: Crunchy Bran and skimmed milk (HE) So that means no HE snacks after tea tonight. Planning an early one as last night was so late.

Off to work for a couple of hours, and I'm going to take fruit with me so that I don't end up eating anything unhealthy. The office I'm going to always has lots of chocolate and sweets about.

I've just noticed that 1 more lb and I will have reached my first 2 mini-goals. Something to focus on this week :)

Back