Sw with a day off a week

Lisa123

Silver Member
Hi all. Ive been doing calorie counting for some time now but feel I need something more structured. My eating is atrocious. I eat high fat processed food and most days have at least 3 chocolate bars.
I looked at ww but think sw would be better. Ive done it before but ad I say I have a huge chocolate addiction so went back to cc as one freddo or a curly wurly wasn't enough for me.
I have two young sons 2 and 5 not sure if they will eat sw though.

My question is could I do sw 6 days a week then calorie counting on the 7th? We usually have a take away once a week and I'm not one to choose the healthy option.

Thanks for reading x:)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MiniMins.com mobile app

You could give it a go, but it'd be shame to risk 6 good days results for one day blowing it. Try it and see, but maybe, rather than think 'a day off', think, 'a meal off' and save all your syns for that day, and still to 5 to 10 syns per day on the others (rather than the max 15 per day). It sounds like it would still be a big step in the right direction. (You might even find that after eating healthily for 6 days per week your tastes change and you actually prefer the less oily / unhealthy options from the menu. I know my tastes changed.). What kind of takeaways do you get? It's worth getting so ideas of what the lower-syn options might be from them as you might be pleasantly suprised as to what they are. My fave curry was always dhansak anyway - such a bonus to find out that it's one of the lowest syn options as well (esp when you ask for 'no oil' to be bee added when you order).

Thanks for the comments. My favourite is hong Kong chicken with satay chicken. Maybe I will start Monday. Gives me time to shop

Hi Just wondered why you think your sons won't eat SW food?

I also have 2 sons aged 2 and 5 and they eat everything I eat, we have never and will never cook seperate meals for them. I want to teach them healthy eating habits from the start and SW is a good way to do that. I don't want them to struggle with their weight like I do. Yes they do moan at having to eat their veg but tell them there is no treat after if they don't and they soon get over it!

Hope I don't sound like I'm preaching but I hate it when parents follow healthy eating 'just' to lose weight and then feed their young kids oven chips and chicken nuggets. ***gets off soap box***. This is not directed at you by the way I just needed to spout. Sorry!!

You are right. I will try and cook them some sw stuff.

I think most SW food is totally adaptable for kids - some of it's even nicer than non-SW food. I say this is both a fussy child eater (not...a child-eater...you know what I mean!) and a fussy, overweight adult, my mum feeding me chips when I was having a strop over vegetables is something I've never quite forgiven her for, because it lead to so many more issues than I would have had if she force fed me broccoli!

There are lots of recipes for cheats Chinese and Curries about if you're into that - we used to live on Takeaway, so i get where you're coming from so much - and there are certain things you just CANNOT replace - how about once every 2 weeks you have a Friday night with "flxi-synning" or save a few and have a couple of dishes you really fancy with homemade rice and chips, saving some syns but still having a bit of what you like.

:)

Oh, also! There's a Slimming World Satay sauce recipe (4 Syns per person) which uses soy sauce, water, peanut butter and chilli flakes if you really miss it! It's not quite the same, but it hits the spot when you've got a craving!
X

[h=2]Haven't tried it, but this looks like it'd be fine on syns. You could serve it with some stir-fried veggies. Looks easy too.

Hong Kong Style Chicken

Ingredients[/h]
  • 8 chicken pieces
  • 2 large sliced red onions
  • 1 inche piece of fresh gingerroot (grated)
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 2 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
  • 2 shredded chillies
  • 1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
  • ½ cup water

[h=2]Method[/h]
  1. Mix all ingredients in a heavy base pot.
  2. Put pot on stove on low heat
  3. Cover pot and let it cook for about 20 - 25 mins. Stir occasionally to prevent the ingredients from sticking.
  4. Add water if the mixture is too dry and for the extra gravy.
  5. Serve immediately with rice and stir fry veggies. Lovely!!

Hey Lisa123,

Just wanted to check how you're doing? Did you decide what your plan is?

X

Haven't tried it, but this looks like it'd be fine on syns. You could serve it with some stir-fried veggies. Looks easy too.

Hong Kong Style Chicken

Ingredients

• 8 chicken pieces
  • 2 large sliced red onions
  • 1 inche piece of fresh gingerroot (grated)
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 2 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
  • 2 shredded chillies
  • 1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
  • ½ cup water

Method

1. Mix all ingredients in a heavy base pot.
  2. Put pot on stove on low heat
  3. Cover pot and let it cook for about 20 - 25 mins. Stir occasionally to prevent the ingredients from sticking.
  4. Add water if the mixture is too dry and for the extra gravy.
  5. Serve immediately with rice and stir fry veggies. Lovely!!

this looks lovely! will have to try with Quorn Chicken

Hi llama. Yep I'm on day 1 of sw. Ive had 4 of my 5 a day already. Feel pretty good about sw. X

Back