Swapping Products!

Hi Markos I am the same with the strawberry - I like the chocolate and have vanilla either plain or I mix up some instant coffee with a little hot water and then add that to it and have a coffee shake which I really like. Please let me know what the flapjacks are like when you get yours on Friday and good luck with the week ahead :)

Thanks LCH - good luck with your weigh-in tomorrow. Let us know how you get on and that 6lbs should have increased.

By the time you come to weigh-in again, you should (hopefully) have a bit of a better feeling what the bars are like - but you should have a bit more water than you usually have because you haven't got the water from the shakes (obvious, I know). Apparently, you can mix the chocolate shake with warm water, but less than you would do for a shake, and turn it into some sort of fudge brownie, but I'd have thought you'd have needed to let it set and you can't do that with having to take them within 15 minutes of making them!

** STOP PRESS **
(Please don't read any further if you are of a nervous disposition).

Just to let you know...I tried the flapjacks and they taste like someone has broken down MDF wood and given them to monkeys to eat. Then, they've fed peanuts to the monkeys and waited for it to pass through the monkeys system. Once the monkeys have 'finished' with it, the waste is then formed into round, cake-like shapes and packaged. As soon as you bite into them, they disintegrate and it's very hard to chew and swallow. Don't sniff the flapjacks before you start eating or else you'll not want to. I heard they were like cardboard, but cardboard has a better texture...probably flavour, too.

Hi Markos thank you for the heads up - don't think I'll be trying them any time soon! Unfortunately I've not been well this week so haven't stuck to the shakes - haven't eaten either apart from 4 cream crackers one night when I felt really awful. Have got my shakes today but didn't weigh as I know I have only lost 1 pound l- my scales weigh exactly the same as the pharmacy but at least nothing put on. Still feeling pretty rubbish - got a really bad headache. Am going to re-start on Monday and be 100% next week. Let me know how you do

Hi LCH. Please be careful on this diet and don't make yourself really ill (does anyone know if there are any side-effects or long-term issues with being on this?). During the first two weeks, Saturdays and Sundays were spent almost entirely in bed, I was so tired. Even now, I really don't know where people have all the so-called extra energy from, because I've not got any - but I'm not as tired and lethargic as I was. How much sleep are you getting? How much water do you have on a daily basis? Make sure you're OK but I'm sure all this will pass and, if it is something that will pass quickly, you don't want to ruin your good work up to now and have to start back at square one.

My mate, at work, is supposed to be doing this with me, but he's just finishing a water fast he just drinks water, nothing else) and I let him smell one of the flapjacks and he was equally repulsed. They smell like some kind of protein shake, that bodybuilders use.

With regards to eating, I'm not entirely sure what you can have 'little amounts' of. I know anything with carbs is a no-no (pastas, rices, breads), but someone on here ate a bit of cheese, which didn't seem to do much to their weight. Perhaps a little piece of chicken should be OK - but check it out.

Hi Markos - I have had a great week this week and been to weigh and lost 6 lbs! Hoorah I did this diet 3 years ago and lost 3 stone 4 lbs in about 4 months so am hoping to do the same. I know the highs and lows of doing lipotrim and it really does work. However you shouldn't eat anything while your doing it as a little bit of anything at all takes you out of ketosis. I seem to remember that week 2 was really difficult 1st time round too so I am glad I'm past that now and will be starting week 4 on Monday. Your friends water diet sounds dangerous as he won't be getting any vitamins or minerals? How are you doing?

Hi LCH. You've done really, really well and don't be too downbeat about losing 1lb - I was really ill a couple of weeks ago and only lost 2lbs because I wasn't getting enough water. I was weighed last Monday and it seemed like I'd only lost another 0.5lb which made me feel down and I was on the verge of eating something (I had the rabbit's biscuit in my mouth at one point...but took it out), but waited until Thursday, weigh-in day, and spoke to the person at the chemist. She told me to eat a chicken breast with a boiled egg (I nearly asked about the fat in the egg, but didn't), for that day only and go back onto the shakes (I'd lost more than I thought, so didn't eat anything). I didn't think it was a good idea to eat anything on this diet, either.

Ah, he does a lot of faddy diets - he's done Lipotrim in the past (soon to go back on it), Atkins and this water fast. He's done it, the longest in one period, 13 days and people have told him it's bad for him, but he won't listen.

You've done this before, you know it works and you seem to be in the right frame of mind to do this again. You can do it - and I hope you reach your goal and be happy. Good luck and let us know how you're doing.

Back