SWEETNER GOOD OR BAD

jezebel

hi does anyone know if there is any truth in the rumour that having sweetner actualy makes it more difficult to loose weight , my boyfreind cut out an artical from the paper not sure what ive done with it but thats what it said that it can actuly hinder you from loosing weight i will try to find it and post it thanks .

Personally I believe it. Sweeteners are just made of chemicals in a lab, sugar is natural and only 20 cals a teaspoon. I have switched from sweeteners because they made me really bloated and gurgly, this is a common side effect apparently, and i've been having about 10 - 16 sweeteners a day for as long as I can remember. Apparently sweeteners 'confuse' the body. Stick with the natural food product, that's what I think.

oops perhaps thats why i stayed the same this week lol!
Ruthy xxx

I think it's different strokes for different folks really isn't it!? I'm really lucky in the fact that green and red days are the same for me and I don't mind using Fry Light and sweetener instead of real oil and sugar. I'm much more concerned about making sure my meat is free range- BUT DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THAT! LOL

I use sweetner rather than sugar, it was from when i attempted Lighter Life. You could have sweetner in tablet form but not powder as it contained an ingredient which slowed down ketosis (sorry cant remember what its called). I have found that it doesn't make any difference to me.

All sweetner that is 2 calories per teaspoon or less or tablet form are ok on SW. I have sweetner on my weetabix and grapefruit. I've still lost 18lb in 6 weeks, so does it make much difference?

Sorry me again......I have just found this on SW website

Artificial sweetenersThere are two categories of artificial sweetener, the first, known as caloric sweeteners (mannitol, sorbitol, xylitol) have a similar calorific value to sugar, but are not absorbed as readily and so replace it in many foods. The second type of sweetener is known as non-caloric or intense sweetener (aspartame, acesulfame K, saccharin). These provide virtually no calories, and are used in diet drinks and desserts. One of the most common sweeteners is saccharin. Its discovery as a sweetener was discovered on the late 1870's as a result of a forgetful chemist who forgot to wash his hands before dinner! When Food Optimising, sweetener in tablet or drop form are completely Free. Any granular sweetener containing less that 2 calories per teaspoon is also
completely Free.

Back