Swimming?

MISSLSR

Gold Member
Anyone swim as the main form of exercise?!

I am bone idle haven't exercised on years, tried the gym but its just not for me so gonna start swimming 3/4 times a week instead.

My local pool opens up again on Friday after being shut for almost 18 months so I can't wait to get into a good routine with it.

Dxxx

Hi ya dolly, im like u .... ill give the gym a miss and prefere the pool. Im not a good swimmer but I go up n down the pool as many times possible. One of our pool attendants suggested I use a big float I fasten around my waist which helps me float so I can jog up n down the pool. Its exhausting but gives me a great work out. I try swimming for half n hour n jogging for half hour I really enjoy it and u can surely feel your arms and legs get a workout lol:D:thumbup:

I can't wait to get back into it! Counting down the days till Saturday.

Sounds good about the jogging in the water aswell I might give that a try xxx

Well went swimming today & managed 50 lengths.

Total length 1250 metres.

Very happy with that for day 1.

D xxx

Wow I need to stop like every 10 lengths!!

I can only do breast stroke too jeez you are fit!

D xxx

Haha we don't want that!!

I will just try to build it up till I can swim 50 lengths front crawl - will take ages probably xxx

It doesn't matter if you stop in the beginning just try and stop less as you progress, even if you need to walk a length to get your breath back. I use a flutter board sometimes and that is a fun change. Good luck. Big thing is be consistent.

Back