Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

swimwear

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by Jude"123, 18 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Jude"123

Jude"123 supersize > superPERFECT!

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(19.64%)
    Diet:
    xenical; following WW propoints :)
    hiya :) i was wondering if anybody has been swimming, either before/during/after weightloss??

and what kind of swimwear do you wear?
    I am due to go on holiday soon, and as much as i would like to loose another stone by then (July), i need to get mentally prepared to walk out in public almost naked...

so what is comfortable? what is not? were to buy from? how should it look? i don't even know the basics on swimwear shopping !!:sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jude"123

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(19.64%)
    Diet:
    lol 38 people have viewed my question but no reply.

i musn't be the only person who doesn't know the answer to this question then lol

oh well !!

4. leamarshall

leamarshall Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.51%)
    Diet:
    Xenical and Low Fat
    I dont go swimming purley because Im not happy with my body , I wont go until I feel happier with the size of myself , so thats why I didnt comment x

5. Samprand

Samprand WILL do it!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    you should wear whatever youre comfortable in! theres no rule to say only size 6's can wear a bikini, so if u wanna wear a bikini you go straight ahead, if you wanna wear a swimsuit you go ahead and do that too. if it was me though i'd wear a swimsuit to protect myself a bit from sunburn as im very fair skinned. swimming is a brilliant aerobic exercise and burns a load of calories and tones u up.

as for ur holiday, u could always wear a pair of shorts on top of ur swimwear, or a sarong to cover any wobbly bits. chances are though that while ur worrying about what u look like, other people will be too busy worrying about themselves to look at u long enough to judge! while ur away, have a look around and see how many people are breathing in or hiding themselves away a bit - its more than likely that everyone is self-conscious so ur not on ur own :)

6. zoso

zoso Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.97%)
    Diet:
    Low Fat/Xenical
    i dont go swimming here because i'm frightened of feet and stray hairs, however on holiday, i wear a bikini and i frankly dont care! x

7. Jude"123

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(19.64%)
    Diet:
    thankyou so much :) i know its a wierd thing to ask but all of my friends are size 8 and wouldn't even think about wearing a full suit, so i thought ide ask people who may know what im talking about :)

i think ill stick with the suit and shorts on holiday, its a more scary thought trying them on in dressing rooms!!! i get dressing room rage and before i know it im sweating and getting embarrased in front of myself..how sad i know.

thanks girls :) xxxxx

8. leamarshall

leamarshall Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.51%)
    Diet:
    Xenical and Low Fat
    that is not sad. thats your feelings and your feelings are important

9. Fuss

Fuss Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(11.86%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    Hi Jude

I swim 2 - 3 times a week and I wear a full suit. I am a size 26 and I got mine from British Home Stores. When I go on holiday I have a tankini type thing which is a strapless blouson top with shorts and I got this from Simply Be.

Hope this helps

10. Passiflora

Passiflora Dasvidaniya FAT & FLAB!!

Diet:
    WW
    You can get padded swimming costumes which you a little more definition around your boobs, which can totally change the way you look in a costume. I have an underwired one from Evans.

I'm a bit conscious about not bying high leg ones or ones with too low of a back, the more thats covered the better!!

Check out the photos of Nigella Lawson on the beach these week - they are calling her outfit a burkini!! You could always adopt her approach to keeping the sun off!!

Have a great holiday!

If

11. Fuss

Fuss Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(11.86%)
    Diet:
    Xenical
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have something like this and feel comfy in it. This is from the simply be range

x

Last edited: 20 April 2011
  12. Samprand

Samprand WILL do it!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    dressing room rage :D it exists - ive had it! memories of trying to stuff my fat into a pair of jeans just so i can desperately wrench at the zip cuz i refuse to even try a bigger size lol getting all red and giving up, look in the mirror with my spare tyre and muffin top exposed - ah the joys of shopping

13. Jude"123

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(19.64%)
    Diet:
    thanks Fuss i will check out the simply be range, those pics look quite nice !!

and thanks girls, i have seen the Nigella Lawson pics!! i don't think i would go that far, but hey if thats the look she wants!! im hoping too loose abit more before the hols, but i think a tankini is great idea, i didn't think they looked that nice!!

xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.