SYN FREE BBQ SAUCE

This sounds delicious, think I'll make it this week to go with my quorn sausages and SW chips.

Does anyone have a link to the recipe for the Hunters Chicken everyone seems to be raving about? Thanks in advance!

definately going to try making syn free bbq sauce!!! i used to eat loads of the heinz one in summer with bbq's so it would be nice not to have to syn it!!!

The BBQ sauce is to die for :D

I made the hunters chicken the other day and it was truly scrumptious :D

Thanks Allie xxx

this sauce is gorgeous , I made it up in large qualntiy yesterday and made sausage casserole with it in the slow cooker .. was gorgeous and we are having a BBQ today , and I have made home made burgers with lean mince , onion and the BBQ sauce left over to bind them together .. they smell amazing and free :)

this sauce is gorgeous , I made it up in large qualntiy yesterday and made sausage casserole with it in the slow cooker .. was gorgeous and we are having a BBQ today , and I have made home made burgers with lean mince , onion and the BBQ sauce left over to bind them together .. they smell amazing and free :)

Drooling here! :D

I'll be round in an hour ;):8855:

I'm not a fan either! I don't think anything can replace good old HP BBQ sauce :rolleyes: I'm doing hunters chicken tomorrow and using ready made BBQ sauce :D For 2 syns it's worth it!

Not sure what you guys are doing but it definitely tastes like BBQ sauce to me.

I will have to try this it sounds lush !! Hopefully the bf will like it as he loves his BBQ sauce lol :) x

Think i might try this one. i love BBQ sauce :)

this sauce is yummy, even my 3 year old loved it!

i didn't add the mustard powder (as i didn't have any) and added more sweetner, balsamic vinegar and worcester sauce as i used the whole carton of passata !

it went really well with my steak, SW chips and salad .... i served it in ramekins for dipping and both mine and my daughters plates and ramekins were empty ! .... a lot better then the tomato ketchup i was going to have that i would have had to syn ! (and tasted a lot better too)

xxx

Anyone know how long the sauce lasts if i keep it in the fridge?

Hi Becca,

It would last about 3-4 days in the fridge, but if it wasn't gonna get used up by then I put it in the freezer as it freezes very well, I leave it at room temperature to defrost.

HTH

Lyn

Hiya!

I made this finally last night. I found it tasted a bit too sweet but then when I baked it with some chicken it turned out nice.

I blended my onion and chilli powder before I cooked it, and then got the stick blender in once the sauce was fully cooked just to get rid of any extra lumps.

Hunters chicken again tomorrow night - nyom!

Oooh, am just planning tonights dinner and this sounds yummy! I'm thinking chicken wrapped in bacon with this sauce over it, SW chips and corn on the cob ..:drool:

well this thread has just spiced up tea for tonight!! We were going to have chicken drumsticks (skin removed) but NOW we're having BBQ chicken drummers!

I made this last night and did a hunter's chicken. I wrapped the chicken in bacon, smothered in BBQ sauce and shredded cheese on top, baked in the oven for 20 mins and then under grill for about 5 mins. It was soooooo nice! Thanks for this simple yet tasty BBQ sauce!

PS - I blitzed mine too with a blender stick.
Yum, this sounds gorgeous - adding to my menu plan for the week!

I tried this sauce tonight and it was delicious. I slopped it all over a cut up block of tofu and baked it in the oven, delicious! Didn't taste completely BBQ-y but that's totally my fault seeing as I didn't have chilli powder and missed out the worcester sauce. I used a wee bit of cayenne and paprika instead and it was good. Will blitz it next time I think.

Have leftovers for tomorrow too, can't wait :D

Back