1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz passata
3 tbsp artifical sweetner
4 tbsp balsamaic vinegar
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
salt and freshly ground blacke pepper.

balslmic vingar and worchestershire sauce provide the basis for this great tasting bbq sauce thsat is perfect for a dip, basting a chicken thighs or vegetable kebabs before a bbq, lady who gave me this recipe said she has them on spare ribs and cooks them in the oven so she has bbq spare ribs.

spray a pan with fry light and saute the onion and chilli powder over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened.

stir in the remaining ingrredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes untill thickened. check the seasoning before serving hot or cold.

syn free on both days ready in 20 minutes serves 4 and freezer friendly.

Thank you sounds lovely.

it taste as good as it sounds i promise you that. no problems at all. enjoy xxxx

oh i promise you it is soooooooooooooooooooo nice

This sauce is really nice when spread onto chicken kebabs and BBQ'ed or grilled off. :)

I used mine to make my own version of BBQ quorn - cheaper than buying the ready made stuff as well! It does taste great but next time I think I will either not use the onion or blend it at the end as I wasn't that keen on the bits of onion in it. I'm also going to use brown sweetener to see if that makes a difference to the taste.

I used mine to make my own version of BBQ quorn - cheaper than buying the ready made stuff as well! It does taste great but next time I think I will either not use the onion or blend it at the end as I wasn't that keen on the bits of onion in it. I'm also going to use brown sweetener to see if that makes a difference to the taste.

I always blend mine to a smooth sauce rater than a lumpy one lol and i love it :)

I made this last night and did a hunter's chicken. I wrapped the chicken in bacon, smothered in BBQ sauce and shredded cheese on top, baked in the oven for 20 mins and then under grill for about 5 mins. It was soooooo nice! Thanks for this simple yet tasty BBQ sauce!

PS - I blitzed mine too with a blender stick.

It's simmering now and I can honestly say it smells delicious - thanks Madhousemum

no problem it is so nice i have it at least once a week with something. no problems glad you all like it as much as i do. xxx

I made this last night and did a hunter's chicken. I wrapped the chicken in bacon, smothered in BBQ sauce and shredded cheese on top, baked in the oven for 20 mins and then under grill for about 5 mins. It was soooooo nice! Thanks for this simple yet tasty BBQ sauce!

PS - I blitzed mine too with a blender stick.

no problem i cook this too we just call it new yorker chicken but i love it so do all my family xxxx

I had this last week with quorn sausages and wedges, the next time was over cheesey turkey burgers, a family favourite in my house too.

oh yes it is lovely i have it at least once a week. xx

Back