SYN FREE BBQ SAUCE

Same mummyspud! And I can't wait to
Try this out!! x

Yumm, this sounds very similar-if not the same, to the BBQ sauce recipe that was in the old SW Sauces book a few years back-was really nice. I also use the diet coke mix as a 'bbq' sauce base :)

Just tried this and is sooooo lush - was really missing BBQ sauce so now am a happy bunny!!

Ok I had it with steak and chips Omg how nice is it!! I feel I'm gonna be doing thus a lot!!! Or maybe do a huge batch and freeze it in portions :0) thanks for the recipe xxx

OMG did this sauce tonight over chicken breasts and syn free chips. It was so nice, another one to add to my faves. You may ask where my superfrees were! I am on a red day, and am going to have some strawberries with yoghurt in a minute when I am less full. And I have to find some room for my syns! No I couldnt do a calorie counting diet!!!! S W is the best in my eyes

I really want to make this yummy sauce but I can't find passata here in the states, does anyone know of a syn free passata substitute?:(

Soon2bslimmie said:
I really want to make this yummy sauce but I can't find passata here in the states, does anyone know of a syn free passata substitute?:(

Well it's only sieved tomato so maybe try blending a tin of tomatoes that should be the same x

Ok cool, I'm gonna make this bbq sauce with homemade pasatta...Yay, Thank you!

Made this sauce and had bbq chicken kebabs with syn free chips. 'twas totally delicious. :D

I'm trying this for the first time tomorrow with some pasta and salad can't wait!! :) xx

Would you be able to replace the artificial sweetner with honey or something similar - I know it would not be syn free anymore, but I don't like using Artificial Sweetner, and i think sugar would be too synful!

I know what you mean about artificial sweetener, its not too good really is it. And a lot of S W recipes have it in them! To be honest I think the first time I made it, I left the sweetener out, but cant be 100% sure but didnt replace it with any other type of sweetener honey or sugar! You could experiment a bit, and of course if you like it without then its less syns than going down the sugar or honey route

Made this this evening with pasta and chicken and had some salad it was delicious I dont think I made it right though as it wasnt particularly BBQ tasting more like a sweet and sour

xx

Back