SYN FREE BBQ SAUCE

Ohhh how exciting, I love BBQ sauce, will definately be giving this a go soon! Must be tasty if the thread has been going for so long with so many good comments :)

I dont actually think you realise how much I love you right now!!! I adore BBQ sauce this is going to be in every dish I make from now on lol

I have it about twice a week now. Had it last night, I put in crushed chillies instead of the powder, gives it a proper kick phew! And its so quick and easy, dont always put in the onions though if I need to be really quick .

Thank you so much for this recipe - will definitely be giving it a go!

WOW I'm not on this diet but that sounds lush! :D x

Sometimes if I'm in a real hurry and on a red or green day I leave the onions out and just add all the other ingredients to make a really quick sauce. I always put in crushed chillies (lots of phew) rather than the mild chilli powder. I think we can all vary this sauce to our own individual tastes. I make it every week with chicken, yum

BBQ sauce recipe

you will need
1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp mild chilli powder
227ml/8fl oz passata
3 tbsp artifical sweetner
4 tbsp balsamaic vinegar
1 tbsp worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp mustard powder
salt and freshly ground blacke pepper.

balslmic vingar and worchestershire sauce provide the basis for this great tasting bbq sauce thsat is perfect for a dip, basting a chicken thighs or vegetable kebabs before a bbq, lady who gave me this recipe said she has them on spare ribs and cooks them in the oven so she has bbq spare ribs.

spray a pan with fry light and saute the onion and chilli powder over a low heat for 5 minutes until softened.

stir in the remaining ingrredients, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes untill thickened. check the seasoning before serving hot or cold.

syn free on both days ready in 20 minutes serves 4 and freezer friendly.

Yes kcooper1234, still free and delicious

This is lovely for hunter chicken. Agree with some that it tastes much better reheated with the chicken, I didnt like it before putting it in the oven. I would use less vinagar next time too....def going to be making it again :)

So sorry if this has been asked already but can I use normal mustard instead of mustard powder? I can't find powder anywhere. Thanks in advance

SaraD123 said:
So sorry if this has been asked already but can I use normal mustard instead of mustard powder? I can't find powder anywhere. Thanks in advance

I did as I had no powder you just need to Syn it and the second time I forgot to add it and it was fine too :)

Back