SYN FREE BBQ SAUCE

Made it, wow! Absolutely gorge. DH generally doesn't like BBQ sauce but he kept dipping into it and pouring it onto his plate, winner of a recipe. :D

I'm using it in the slow cooker today to cook pulled pork - looking forward to it, although have left DH at home with the delicious smells while I'm at work!

bbq sauce

Just made the BBQ Sauce and it is delicious. Cooked chicken drumsticks and dipped! Yumeee.

Last edited:
I've made this several times now and it's such a quick, easy sauce for no syns! I cut my onions really big so the OH can pick them out(!) and it makes food taste amazing. So much so we had it last night with chicken and I'm having it again tonight with turkey...... :D

Stealing! Might try this and offering it at the taste session thatscoming up!

I have a pot of this simmering on the stove, but I'm hoping something happens during the cooking process that makes it take more like bbq sauce, at the moment, it just tastes like ketchup :-/

Anyone else have this problem?

I am so glad I found this! I ADORE barbeque sauce! Now I can get my fix..completely SYN free!!! :drool:

Have just made this minus the mustard powder which I didn't have... tastes good except I think I made a boo boo by using a teaspoon of ordinary chilli powder rather than mild powder haha, it's a bit strong for me, added more passata to try to dilute it and its a little better but still a bit burny on my tongue lol

Got some chicken thighs defrosting just now and once they are thawed I will marinade them using this sauce for dinner tomorrow night :)

Well after marinading my chicken in this and serving it up between my dad and myself it's a thumbs down from me unfortunately, didn't taste as barbecuey as we had hoped for but I'm sure other people love it. Might have to get into the kitchen and concoct a recipe of my own lol :)

Well after marinading my chicken in this and serving it up between my dad and myself it's a thumbs down from me unfortunately, didn't taste as barbecuey as we had hoped for but I'm sure other people love it. Might have to get into the kitchen and concoct a recipe of my own lol :)

i didn't like it either :(

If its not BBQy enough then maybe try using less vinegar and a little dash of maggie liquid or bovril or even just half a beef cube to tone down the tang a bit??

I found it too tangy to use as a cooking sauce but alright to dip SW chicken nuggets in.

Legomom said:
If its not BBQy enough then maybe try using less vinegar and a little dash of maggie liquid or bovril or even just half a beef cube to tone down the tang a bit??

I found it too tangy to use as a cooking sauce but alright to dip SW chicken nuggets in.

Do you have the recipe for SW chicken nuggets please?

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

Circes said:
I used mine to make my own version of BBQ quorn - cheaper than buying the ready made stuff as well! It does taste great but next time I think I will either not use the onion or blend it at the end as I wasn't that keen on the bits of onion in it. I'm also going to use brown sweetener to see if that makes a difference to the taste.

Where do you get brown sweetner from?

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

Back