Syn free curry loaf

Asda chick pea Dahl out of stock weather too horrible too try another store so got plain chick peas. Will add curry powder will it still be syn free. Thanks

Does anyone know how long this will keep in the fridge? X

i have cut it into 4 and put in fridge and has kept for 3 days fine. it doesnt often last that long as it is so yummy.

I'm always trying to use as little processed foods as possible, so I'm definitely going to try this using dried chickpeas or lentils and brown rice instead of savoury stuff - hopefully it will still be syn-free.

Loved it - here's mine

I used a tin of chick peas, into a saucepan with the water from the tin also, a tbsp curry powder, 1 onion chopped, 1 garlic Clove crushed, a beef stock cube, then simmered for 5-7 mins. A packet of beef savoury rice made as instructions then mixed with the chickpeas and stirred in 3 beaten eggs then spooned into a loaf tin . Cook at gas 6 for 20 mins .

image-3912185896.jpg

Did mine with the beef savoury rice and it tasted really good

I've done it with golden rice and the curry rice - not much difference in taste as I add extra curry powder any way!

My Slimming World leader was on about this I need to get me to Asda! :D

Made the curry loaf yesterday and took it into work today for lunch and it was lovely and all my colleagues were impressed. Doesn't look anything special but really tasty x

Back