Syn Free Ice Cream

ok so i made the vanilla one tonight and it was very yummy, so now i want to do flavours, do i puree some fruit and add it to the ice cream maker with the mixture?, has anyone made the coffee one yet and how did you do it, any help with flavours would be great. thanks xx

I am looking forward to trying some of the ice-cream, tried the frozen yogurt but it was just a solid lump :(

which ice cream maker are you using, the ones that you don't freeze first are so expensive, is it just as good to use the freeze first ones or is it worth the expense of the fully automatic one?

Usually the whole bowl of the ice cream maker goes in the freezer. It takes up quite a lot of space but in the summer months I would think it well worth it.

ok so i made the vanilla one tonight and it was very yummy, so now i want to do flavours, do i puree some fruit and add it to the ice cream maker with the mixture?, has anyone made the coffee one yet and how did you do it, any help with flavours would be great. thanks xx

Don't forget if you are adding pureed or chopped fruit you have to syn it!!!

I'm eating this now :)

I think there's either something wrong with my icecream maker, or I'm doing it wrong. Every time I make icecream, the blades look as if they're smoothing the icecream onto the sides rather than scraping it away, which means that very quickly it runs out of icecream to mix and the machine jams. And I have loads of icecream frozen solid that I can't scrape out! Anyone else have this problem?

Do you pour the mixture in quickly while the machine is going? If you don't it does stick I used to find this with proper ice cream.

I just made some using a shot glass full of baileys hazelnut flavour drink and some vanilla onken yog - anyone know how many syns the baileys would be? Had a little taste and it tastes lush but cant eat it til I know the syns - can anyone help please!!!

not_lar_croft said:
I just made some using a shot glass full of baileys hazelnut flavour drink and some vanilla onken yog - anyone know how many syns the baileys would be? Had a little taste and it tastes lush but cant eat it til I know the syns - can anyone help please!!!
Hi there baileys is 4 syns per measure of 25ml x

Mmmmm this looks delicious! I'll have to try some

When I gave up smoking and Drinking, I turned to icecream instead! When I started dieting I thought I would have to give up icecream too! Im so glad I found this post :) I have just purchased an icecream maker and will be experimenting this weekend :)

I do miss my ice-cream so I'm definitely gonna give this a go. Thanks for posting this.

Syn Free Ice Cream
Used a receipe from here but thought I'd post again with a picture as its hot and definately worth a go....was delicious :D

004-2-1.jpg

3 Eggs Separated
6-8 level Tbsp Splenda
A few drops of Vanilla Extract
350g Virtually Fat Free Fromage Frais

Whisk whites till stiff then fold in splenda with a metal spoon.
Beat yolks and add vanilla, add to egg white and then fold in fromage frais.
Pour into a ice cream churn until mr whippy set or you can place in a freezer remembering to stir so the ice crystals don't set.

Hope you enjoy
x

OMG!! thanks I'm going to try it right now lol

Can the ice cream be made without an ice cream maker?
I don't really want to buy 1 and if I did I know it would only be used a couple of times
xx

Can the ice cream be made without an ice cream maker?
I don't really want to buy 1 and if I did I know it would only be used a couple of times
xx

I'm sure it can be, you just need to remember to stir regularly while freezing so it doesn't get ice crystals.

I'm going to make some today (without a machine)

Its in the freezer....looking good!

Used a coconut & choc sprinkles muller light yoghurt in place of some of the fromage frais.

(Woo hoo, 50th post!)

I got some in my ice-cream maker now. I'm looking forward to tasting it.

Very nice, I added some mint to it. Will make some more.

Back