Syn free or low syn oatcake or flapjack recipie?

LollyN

Hi
Am new to the site (joined on Monday) so please forgive me if there is a place with this already posted. I think I am doing OK so far with SW but I have a problem with biscuits! I know that I have to wean myself off this but in the meantime I wondered if there is a recipie for syn free flapjack or biscuit?
Thanks in advance for any help
L x

I think you'll struggle to find anything syn free hun. Oats are 5.5 syns per 28g (although you can use them as a B choice) but you'd also need sugar/sweetener and butter.
There are a few low syn versions available, about 3 syns or so each.
To be honest, I think you're better off with rich tea at 2 syns each. You don't need to wean yourself off them - we have our syn allowance for these treats!!

^^ i dont find oatybars are sweet enough for me! im a flapjack LOVER.

biscuit wise, try morrisons rich tea FINGER biscuits. 1 syn each... you could have 15 :D i personally like them, but cant beat choc disgestives haha

I don't know if you go to class but the nearest thing I've found to flapjack is the cranberry Hi-Fi bar. I love them. They're 6 syns which is quite hefty but also can be a HEB. I love flapjacks, too. In fact flapjacks from the sandwich van at work are a big part of the reason I'm here :eek:

Thank you all for the responses, appreciate them. Like the sound of the rich tea fingers at 1 syn each. I just struggle after lunch - kids sleeping and me with a cup of tea, a biscuit is great at this time.
Done very well though, lost 4 pounds in my first week! Very motivated now.
Lx

Hi
Am new to the site (joined on Monday) so please forgive me if there is a place with this already posted. I think I am doing OK so far with SW but I have a problem with biscuits! I know that I have to wean myself off this but in the meantime I wondered if there is a recipie for syn free flapjack or biscuit?
Thanks in advance for any help
L x

Try this recipe I put on a few days ago. Still waiting for someone to check my syn values though. Anyone? I would hate for them to be more than I think they are.:eek:

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/171730-breakfast-raisin-bars.html

Back