Green Days Syn Free (or very low syn) Meat Alternatives to Quorn. Post yours here

maypole

loves to eat
Hi,

Seeing as Quorn is kind of expensive unless on offer I thought I'd start a thread of cheaper alternatives

Tesco Meatfree, Lincolnshire Sausages, 6 pack, frozen 50g each

Asda Meat Free, Mince, frozen 600g pack

Both Syn free as checked on website

Last edited:
Be careful because most of the alternatives aren't free (although there aren't many syns in them).

Cauldron sausages - depending on what you have they vary I think between 1 - 2 syns.

I got morrison's meat free mince and it is lovely and 2 bags for 3 pounds at the moment but it is 5.5 syns but a 400g bag goes a lot further and in my opinion tastes better than quorn mince.

I have made a huge pot of chilli that will make 6 very generous portions or 8 normal portions

how do you work out the syns for stuff?

If you have access to the SW website, you can look it up in there. Or if you have a syns directory, some will be in that.
Otherwise put a post in the syns query section and someone will look them up for you.

Have any of you tried the asda baked beans and meat free sausages - in a tim - approx 60p I think, and when i first started SW these were free, although I haven't got the password yet, so wouldnt like to say they still were - I'd guess they'd be quite low though!!!

x

extra lean minced pork mix with dried sage and softened onion, mix it up divide into small burgers ( i can get 12 out of a 400g pack of lean pork mince) make a great substitute for quorn, tastes like a little sausage burger!!

but if you put your mince in the freezer then defrost it and make the patties dont put the raw already defrosted meat bk in the freezer, cook the whole pack of mince (as little patties) and freeze once cooked if you dont need the whole lot.

Sainsburys meat free meatballs (frozen) are 4 1/2 syns for the whole pack - they are really nice too.

Tesco meat free frozen mince isn't free but I think the whole pack worked out at 4 syns so I still count it as free.....

I got morrison's meat free mince and it is lovely and 2 bags for 3 pounds at the moment but it is 5.5 syns but a 400g bag goes a lot further and in my opinion tastes better than quorn mince.

I have made a huge pot of chilli that will make 6 very generous portions or 8 normal portions

Im sorry but iv tried this stuff and it is DISGUSTING. I made a massive bowl of chilli with it and ended up chucking the whole lot out, i thought it looked like rabbit droppings.. and tasted so strong yet plain.. it was odd and totally un-edible (IMO LOL)

x

Have any of you tried the asda baked beans and meat free sausages - in a tim - approx 60p I think, and when i first started SW these were free, although I haven't got the password yet, so wouldnt like to say they still were - I'd guess they'd be quite low though!!!

x

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Asda Baked Beans & Vegetarian Sausages in Tomato Sauce, canned 420g can[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
4½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 4½ Syns
green.gif
Green 4½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

If you have access to the SW website, you can look it up in there. Or if you have a syns directory, some will be in that.
Otherwise put a post in the syns query section and someone will look them up for you.

No I mean if you cook a big pack of low sin chilli do you divide it by the portions you made it into for say chilli etc? Was multi tasking when I posted before!

Yes you take the total number of syns for the entire recipe.

My veggie chilli has 6 syns in total so 6 portions are 1 syn each

Good job we all have different taste I loved the morrisons mince and hate quorn mince. But love other quorn products

Teresa

No I mean if you cook a big pack of low sin chilli do you divide it by the portions you made it into for say chilli etc? Was multi tasking when I posted before!

I divide it into the portions & work out the syn value per portion when I bulk cook

Back