Syn Free Quorn Sausage Quiche - Yum

DisneyMumma

I know we've all done quiche before, but I had to post this as I thought it was SOOO scrummy; and so did my 2 year old daughter!

Ingredients

2 Quorn Bramley Apple Sausages
1 Small Red Onion, diced
300g Light Cottage Cheese (the syn free stuff)
3 Medium Eggs
Optional -
56g Cheddar - using 2 x HexA or Syn, so can skip that if you want to, also only 2 HexA if you eat the lot yourself (well, that would include me then!)
1 Slice Ham

Method

1. Slice the sausages about 5mm thick along the long edge and line your quiche dish on the bottom
2. Add some of the chopped red onion
3. Add some of the cheese
4. Add a bit of ham if you wish (very nice but obviously not syn free on green)
5. Mix the cottage cheese and eggs in a bowl and pour 1/2 the mixture in to the quiche dish
6. Add the remaining red onion and most of the cheese (and a bit more ham if using)
7. Chop the remaining 1/4 of quorn sausage in to chunks and add that
8. Add the rest of the cottage cheese/egg mixture
9. Sprinkle over the last of the cheese
10. Bake in an oven at 180 degrees (fan oven) for about 45 minutes

I tend to take mine out of the oven every now and then to drain the excess water off the bottom.

Yum, yum. Sounds a little bit faffy, but it's just layers really and I've found that makes all the difference. I make mine in an oval pie dish and it comes out about 2 inches thick which I like as I'm not too keen on weedy thin looking quiche that breaks when you pick it up.

I've had this warm with chips and beans, but is also scrummy the next day cold.

Enjoy
Jacqui

Last edited:
Thanks for this. I've got a bag of ordinary quorn sausages I need to use up and this will do the trick. I was going to make a sausage cassoulet but now I'll do both and that will finish off the bag.

How did you get on;did you like it?

I haven't done it yet but will towards the end of week as I need to free up space in the freezer. I'll let you know how it goes.

Okay, it's in the oven and looking good! I had to use more than two sausages to line my 8" dish though - I used 5 or 6 in all. I also used Asda red pepper and sweet chilli cottage cheese and I think that will go really well with the red onion and sausage. Will let you know how it goes later.

Well my quiche was lovely and didn't last long! I think the red pepper and chilli cottage cheese added a lot to the flavour so I would really recommend that over a plain one. I also think I would brown the sausages first because the looked a bit insipid or peely-wally as we say in these parts!

Thanks for the extra ideas Circes. I will have to try the chili cottage cheese - was that still a syn free one by the way?

I agree that browning the sausages would look better, but I just couldn't be bothered! :)

glad i found this thread i had some quorn sausages left over, so im going to make a quiche for tomorrows lunch now

Back