syn free rice pudding - YUM

Just made this to satisfy my very sweet tooth it was lovely :) but then noticed the use by date on the rice expired 2008! Omg I hope I'm not going to be ill feelin a bit dodgy but it could be because I ate so much of it!! Whoops x

This sounds yummy, i love ruce pudding. On extra easy would you need to have a 1/3 superfree with this?

I put all mine in slow cooker on high for 3 hrs and added sugar and nutmeg when serving into dishes .... Lovely nom nom

SW rice pudding is a life saver for me - I just prepare it in the microwave while I am getting ready in the morning. I'm not keen on using flavoured yoghurts in it but vanilla is just scrummy!

can i have the exact recipe please and how long in microwave as im rubbish at all this! Thank you :)

Just put the rice, water and/or milk, sweetener and vanilla extra in a large bowl and cook it for 15 minutes on full power, stirring two or three times during cooking. Take it out and add a vanilla yoghurt

just read on and realised you have already answered it, thanks :)

I know this sounds silly but is there a difference between pudding rice and flaked pudding rice? I picked up flaked because it was cheaper. Hugs Crystal xx

You don't use flaked rice for rice pudding .... You need pudding rice

OMG just found this, and going to have to have a green day, or extra easy with lots of either stewed fruit (synned of course), or fruit after!

ok thanks, never really tried making rice pudding prior to slimming world and dh's mum always made it with leftover rice she already had cooked. Hugs Crystal xx

just made this but silly me could of swore it said use nat yog ..urghh dont sugest you try that hot as it;s...... :jelous:

I can't wait to try this rice pudding on the weekend. Thank you to everyone for some fantastic varieties.

Have just had rice pudding for pudding tonight, tastes JUST like the real thing and only 1.5 syns.

142g pudding rice
14floz milk (skimmed)
14floz water
8tbsp sweetner
vanilla essence
nutmeg

place milk and water in pan with sweetner and vanilla and gently simmer til disolved.
then place in bowl with the rice and put in oven at 150c for 1hr30mins stir after the 1st half hour.
is very yummy :)

may i ask what bit is the 1.5 syns please? thanks for your help!

where there is a will .......
i have just made it and totally eaten half of it already, yummy!
simply delicious.
I still am not sure where the syns come from as i have used the milk as my HE BUT I WILL ADD THEN IN ANYWAY JUST INCASE IM MISSING SOMETHING.
sO YUMMY THOUGH.
oops, sorry caps lock!

Back