syn free rice pudding - YUM

Have just had rice pudding for pudding tonight, tastes JUST like the real thing and only 1.5 syns.

142g pudding rice
14floz milk (skimmed)
14floz water
8tbsp sweetner
vanilla essence
nutmeg

place milk and water in pan with sweetner and vanilla and gently simmer til disolved.
then place in bowl with the rice and put in oven at 150c for 1hr30mins stir after the 1st half hour.
is very yummy :)

Going to try this one and the one above to see which one tastes better and then it might become a regular thing for pudding in my house, thanks so much :)

Have just had rice pudding for pudding tonight, tastes JUST like the real thing and only 1.5 syns.

142g pudding rice
14floz milk (skimmed)
14floz water
8tbsp sweetner
vanilla essence
nutmeg

place milk and water in pan with sweetner and vanilla and gently simmer til disolved.
then place in bowl with the rice and put in oven at 150c for 1hr30mins stir after the 1st half hour.

hi i just made this version and it was very nice, thanks so much

image-682372041.jpg

*honey said:

142g pudding rice
14floz milk (skimmed)
14floz water
8tbsp sweetner
vanilla essence
nutmeg

How many portions does this make please?

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

Pretty pleased with myself - made syn free rice pudding tonight by myself before I found this thread! I used pudding rice, water and a little skimmed milk and vanilla essence and sweetener, but I think I will try the addition of nutmeg next time, sounds nice.

(I did add synned strawberry jam to make it even more yum!)

*honey said:

142g pudding rice
14floz milk (skimmed)
14floz water
8tbsp sweetner
vanilla essence
nutmeg

Just making this again. Such a great recipe Thankyou x

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

I am not a confident cook and will avoid recipes that I don't have all the correct ingredients for as I don't have the confidence to make substitutions but I used Arborio rice and it was yum. Some people have found short grain rice in the dessert aisle but I didn't have any luck at my local supermarket. Have also seen posts from people that have used normal rice successfully......Give it a go, Good Luck :)

142g pudding rice
14floz milk (skimmed)
14floz water
8tbsp sweetner
vanilla essence
nutmeg

Thank you, going to try this today. Do you put the nutmeg in the mix or on the top? x

Try this. 3 oz pudding rice. 500 ml diet cream soda 1/2 tsp vanilla essence & vanilla mullerlite. Put rice in cream soda and bring to the boil Simmer till all liquid absorbed. Let it call in a dish then add yogurt. FREE ON EE & GREEN. Am told is nice. I didn`t have any yog so put in a little cranberry sauce. whichI had to syn. Delish.

try this. FREE ON EE & GREEN Cook long grain rice as you would normally. Rinse in cold water to cool quickly. I put in fridge to get really cold. Then add your flavouring. Strawberry muller yogurt is lovely. When I was a kidmum always put jam on the rice. Of course syn the jam.

Try this. 3 oz pudding rice. 500 ml diet cream soda 1/2 tsp vanilla essence & vanilla mullerlite. Put rice in cream soda and bring to the boil Simmer till all liquid absorbed. Let it call in a dish then add yogurt. FREE ON EE & GREEN. Am told is nice. I didn`t have any yog so put in a little cranberry sauce. whichI had to syn. Delish.

try this. FREE ON EE & GREEN Cook long grain rice as you would normally. Rinse in cold water to cool quickly. I put in fridge to get really cold. Then add your flavouring. Strawberry muller yogurt is lovely. When I was a kidmum always put jam on the rice. Of course syn the jam.

Apparently this is supposed to be fab. Everyone was raving about this in class this week. Will definitely be giving it a try :eek:)

Rachel xx

Back