Syn free wrap... or is it?

was wondering if i made more than one wrap would they keep in fridge till the next day. only me would eat them. was thinking about using 100g of mung beans to make 4 wraps if possible.

they look really nice have got the mung beans but was wondering how much to use.

Last edited:
I make a pile of them and store them in the fridge on a plate with a layer of kitchen paper in between each one. They do dry out a little bit and become a little harder to roll but are still fine.

Had these today for lunch - fab!

I used split mung beans (labelled Moong Dahl from my local ethnic store) and was worried the mixture looked a bit lumpy but they turned out lovely!

I've got some batter left in the fridge and might try making a thicker one to use a pizza base for tomorrow :)

Made them and they are storey fly easy to do!! And don't taste too bad either! A definate new option at dinner time for me I've I've had my hex bread already!

Kitteh said:
Did anyone get a reply from SW as to whether these are free or not?
xx

They didn't email me back! It's the first time I've ever emailed them so don't know how long these things take but it's been ages. Anyone know how long it should take?

They are usually quick in responding - within a day or two - but they may be short-staffed due to the holidays. Worth dropping them another line though just in case it has gone astray.

I've got another one for you guys... (why am I always finding the controversial things!!)

I went on holiday to morocco last week and in the markets and little shops they sell freshly roasted and salted chickpeas. They are sooo yummy and taste like peanuts!!!

I ate quite a lot of these while away as it was a bit of a healthier holiday treat and I thought well chickpeas are free on sw right?!

Well today I popped into my local Indian supermarket and what did I find.. Roasted salted chickpeas!!! Ingredients: chickpeas, salt - nothing else! What do you guys think, are they Free?!

Attachments

• image-1765748856.jpg
    image-1765748856.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 208
julesm said:
I've got another one for you guys... (why am I always finding the controversial things!!)

I went on holiday to morocco last week and in the markets and little shops they sell freshly roasted and salted chickpeas. They are sooo yummy and taste like peanuts!!!

I ate quite a lot of these while away as it was a bit of a healthier holiday treat and I thought well chickpeas are free on sw right?!

Well today I popped into my local Indian supermarket and what did I find.. Roasted salted chickpeas!!! Ingredients: chickpeas, salt - nothing else! What do you guys think, are they Free?!

Fraid not! Classic food abuse hun. You are supposed to syn them like you would on a red day.

Rubbish SW food abuse rules :(

I would imagine so long as they aren't toasted in oil. Tried to roast my own once and they ended up so hard I nearly broke my teeth! Haven't tried it since! Would be good to buy them ready done. Great cinema snack.

I would imagine so long as they aren't toasted in oil. Tried to roast my own once and they ended up so hard I nearly broke my teeth! Haven't tried it since! Would be good to buy them ready done. Great cinema snack.

Haha oh dear poor you! I did buy a batch in Morocco that were a bit on the hard side and there were a few teeth threatening moments!

does the tub have nutritional information on it?

If so I would put it through the syns calculator to give you any syn value they might have.

However as they are a snack item, they probably do not get any free food allowance and are therefore most definately syns.

Otherwise lets face it we could all select potato for a free food in crisps, which definately is not allowed (oh how we all wish lol)

Mung bean wraps, free or not?

Any feedback from SW as yet?

No. They takes weeks to get back to you, someone will post it when they know.

Still no word from them. I sent them a second email saying that a lot of people are eating them as free quite regularly and that we needed to know but still not a peep!

It took them 3 weeks to get back to me about the potatoes. It felt a lot longer! :sigh:

Back