Syn free wrap... or is it?

BUM!!!! i wish i'd read this first i have whole beans and only soaked for 5 hours and was wondering why i was getting nowhere. even though ive started to grind them can i put them back in a bowl to soak for another day or will i have to chuck them?

I reckon soak them again, no harm done!

I did these the other day and added s&p and garlic powder, they were amazing! I 'ripped an dipped' mine in my chilli then the next day with my curry! My hubby even enjoyed them! If you're wary of trying these don't be, my family and friends lived them!! X

I'm trying these this weekend. Fingers crossed they work out ok!! I've read alot about the cooking of them and people seem to have all sorts of issues. I'm not the best with a frying pan....might ask OH to help me :)

I need to dig through my sewing box and find my bag of mung beans (sewing box because I usually only use them for stuffing microwaveable heat pads lol!)

Hmmm interesting! Being a veggie I love loads of kinds of beans so a bean wrap sounds interesting!! :D oh and I do love mexican food so dreaming about all kinds of tasty things involving these! x

Flibsey said:
I need to dig through my sewing box and find my bag of mung beans (sewing box because I usually only use them for stuffing microwaveable heat pads lol!)

That sounds interesting , I've used wheat & lavender , I'm guessing they work the same ?

cheeselover said:
That sounds interesting , I've used wheat & lavender , I'm guessing they work the same ?

Now I've read thread I shall be making these , off to soak beans now !!

has anyone else struggleld with the soaking of mung beans , just i soaked mine ,nothing really happened and i have had to throw them just seems a waste
if anyone can help that would be brill thanx

has anyone else struggleld with the soaking of mung beans , just i soaked mine ,nothing really happened and i have had to throw them just seems a waste
if anyone can help that would be brill thanx

Nothing 'happens', you just soak them for 2 or 3 days then youll be able to whizz them in the whizzer, which you cant do when theyre dry. They dont look any different except taking up a little bit more space as they've soaked some water up. They dont go soft or anything.

ermintrude said:
Nothing 'happens', you just soak them for 2 or 3 days then youll be able to whizz them in the whizzer, which you cant do when theyre dry. They dont look any different except taking up a little bit more space as they've soaked some water up. They dont go soft or anything.

Do you need to boil them before you whizz them as they do say they need boiling for at least 10 mins , some beans are toxic if they're not boiled ! Are these ok ?

ermintrude said:

What I'm not quite understanding is why this is not Food Abuse as obviously you're not really eating beans as you would if you boiled them up for a soup or stew ?
If you are grinding them to a paste then even though you've used the water that they've absorbed to help make that possible , aren't you really grinding them to make a kind of flour ?
Hey , I'm all for tweaking things don't get me wrong but I'm struggling to see why this is ok if roasting chick peas is wrong and using soaked couscous in a cake is also wrong ?
Anyone ???

Because you are having a wrap as part of a meal along with other free and superfree foods to add to the satiety. The roast chickpeas or cous cous cake you have as a snack and it's easy to overeat them in that form and take in a lot of calories even before you start on your syns.

PatchworkPuss said:
Because you are having a wrap as part of a meal along with other free and superfree foods to add to the satiety. The roast chickpeas or cous cous cake you have as a snack and it's easy to overeat them in that form and take in a lot of calories even before you start on your syns.

So if I'm having my cake as part of a meal with my super free it's free then ?
Got to be , whole cake made with 200g of couscous of which I have an eighth , if I was just having the couscous plain I would be having loads more than that !
There's got to be some common sense to this rule !

Back