Syn help on butter please?

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by iowsara, 13 June 2011 Social URL.

1. iowsara

iowsara Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi I don't know if anyone can help me please. I went out for a meal this evening and chose well - grilled gammon, egg, grilled tomatoes, new potatoes and veg. I asked for no butter so it should have been syn free other than the egg.

When the veg arrived in a separate bowl and after i'd put some on my plate i could (very annoyingly) see melted butter in the bottom of the dish. I ate some of the carrot and courgette, not a very large amount - think it was 4 slices courgette and about a tablespoon of cabbage and some carrot batons. I left the rest and stole the salad my daughter wasnt eating :)

The question is how many syns do you think I should account for this? I really don't have a clue! Thanks in advance

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Ellie666

Ellie666 Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    19st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(9.56%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Well u do have a 10-15 syn allowance every day and a bit of melted butter once in a blue moon is hardly going to kill u. (atleast not immediately!)

4. iowsara

iowsara Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for your reply. I know its not the end of the world but I've already had syns today and I have to stick very much to plan to lose weight so I was just hoping that someone could give me a rough estimate of what to allow. Thanks anyway :)

5. nico

nico Full Member

not sure if this is much help but 10g of utterly butterly is 2.5 syns (if i have worked it out right :))

6. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(34.04%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would allow up to 5syns for extra butter...

7. iowsara

iowsara Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Nico, I'll count 2.5 and keep my fingers crossed it wasn't any more :)

8. iowsara

iowsara Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ooh thanks Shrimpy. Hmm I'm not sure now - go for 5 or split the difference. I didn't have much of the veg at all so I think I'll go for 4 just to be on the safe side. Thanks very much :)

9. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(34.04%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I always over estimate, though if I had asked for no butter I'd have sent it back with a rant about "lactose intolerance" or something. If I have paid for food I want it MY way.

10. iowsara

iowsara Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes I should have sent it back, it really annoying as I really didn't want to be wasting syns on the butter. It was my mum's treat and I'm not really one for complaining though so I just made do. I'll have to get a bit more assertive :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.