Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Syn help on butter please?

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by iowsara, 13 June 2011 Social URL.

1. iowsara

iowsara Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi I don't know if anyone can help me please. I went out for a meal this evening and chose well - grilled gammon, egg, grilled tomatoes, new potatoes and veg. I asked for no butter so it should have been syn free other than the egg.

When the veg arrived in a separate bowl and after i'd put some on my plate i could (very annoyingly) see melted butter in the bottom of the dish. I ate some of the carrot and courgette, not a very large amount - think it was 4 slices courgette and about a tablespoon of cabbage and some carrot batons. I left the rest and stole the salad my daughter wasnt eating :)

The question is how many syns do you think I should account for this? I really don't have a clue! Thanks in advance

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Ellie666

Ellie666 Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    19st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(9.56%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Well u do have a 10-15 syn allowance every day and a bit of melted butter once in a blue moon is hardly going to kill u. (atleast not immediately!)

4. iowsara

iowsara Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for your reply. I know its not the end of the world but I've already had syns today and I have to stick very much to plan to lose weight so I was just hoping that someone could give me a rough estimate of what to allow. Thanks anyway :)

5. nico

nico Full Member

not sure if this is much help but 10g of utterly butterly is 2.5 syns (if i have worked it out right :))

6. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(34.04%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would allow up to 5syns for extra butter...

7. iowsara

iowsara Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Nico, I'll count 2.5 and keep my fingers crossed it wasn't any more :)

8. iowsara

iowsara Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ooh thanks Shrimpy. Hmm I'm not sure now - go for 5 or split the difference. I didn't have much of the veg at all so I think I'll go for 4 just to be on the safe side. Thanks very much :)

9. Shrimpy

Shrimpy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    8st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(34.04%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I always over estimate, though if I had asked for no butter I'd have sent it back with a rant about "lactose intolerance" or something. If I have paid for food I want it MY way.

10. iowsara

iowsara Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes I should have sent it back, it really annoying as I really didn't want to be wasting syns on the butter. It was my mum's treat and I'm not really one for complaining though so I just made do. I'll have to get a bit more assertive :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.