Syns Calculated = calories / 20

pesty

Fighting the bulge
It works on most things i have tested, so isnt it true that syns are the calories divided by 20?

ie Chocolate 100cals = 5 syns

This is how i calculate things when i dont have my book on me, just wanted to check i was definately right and if i am - share the knowledge!! :D

i was told it only works for things like crisps choc sweets and some sauce aint really tried it on anything else

That's true it doesn't work for any foods that have a free food allowance but you can use it in an emergency for snacks and treats. For instance Mullerlights are 100 calories but they are syn free.

That's true it doesn't work for any foods that have a free food allowance but you can use it in an emergency for snacks and treats. For instance Mullerlights are 100 calories but they are syn free.

Good point - thanks for your help! At least im at worse over calculating my syns!! :D

I have also noticed that 20cals = 1 syn on most things :D If only everything was like this it'd be so easy to work out all syns :)

Yes, right if the food has no free food allowance. You could be diddling yourself out of syns if you use this rigidly for everything!

Back