Syns in Chinese takeaway?

Wasted Ink

Hello,

Unfortunately, my family has a Chinese take-away every Saturday. Usually I have a green day on Saturday and try to choose the healthiest meal possible. Currently I have wholegrain rice and mushrooms/vegetables in a light gravy sauce (the gravy sauce is minimal.) I tend to count this as around six syns, because everything but the gravy is free on a green day, but does anyone have a more accurate idea of the syns that are in this kind of dish?

I was also wondering what the following dishes contain (roughly):

Egg fried rice
Chicken and egg fu yung
Mushroom fu yung

Just in case I fancy a change. :)

Sorry, bumping this up since it hasn't had any replies yet.

Anyone have any ideas?

Chicken Chow Mein is supposed to be low in syns. I think its 7 syns for 380g on green :)

Mushroom fu yung:
mushroom_foo_young.jpg

Chicken is the same, just with chicken, not mushrooms.

Hi Wasted

I had chinese last night i had chicken and peppers in black bean sauce only as it was the lowest thing in my food directory under chinese and i had it with plain rice it was lovely really tasty, and I told them i was on a diet, and then said theyd make it without oil!! if your a regular customer they are normally quite helpful!

xxx

doesnt look very tempting does it?lol

Well, actually no it doesn't, but that's a horrible picture. The real thing is actually quite tasty (sadly.)

carla75 - thanks! I'll keep that in mind. Sounds nice.

Chow Mein is Noodle so flour and water (kind of) there is also Vermicelli Rice noodles - have no sauces and keep it plain with chicken and hopefull not a disasterous meal...says me who had one the other night ;)

Not sure about syns tho sorry

Back