Syns 'n Stuff - My Daily Food Diary

Didn't have water and veggies after all... but definitely hit and surpassed my 2 litres water goal today.
Did scrambled eggs and toast for the family for tea... thought hubby and my girl would want a takeaway, but no, they were happy with a breakfast-style supper, and the babydude had some as well... so I ended up having poached egg and beans for supper.

Since then have had a large red wine, and a handful of crisps my husband brought me while I was on the phone! Will look them to and then total...

Good evening hun,
Well done for staying super healthy tonight :) xx

Thanks LMN! Although I did end up going over syns as I had two glasses of vino in the end, and the crisps were 6 syns. Boo.
Nevermind, it's a new day... I've had a good look back this morning, and wrote this:

I've been struggling on and off for yonks now. It's just sometimes I just feel SO hungry! And then there are times, usually late at night, when I start with a little harmless snack, and then end up going through the cupboards, nibbling on whatever tasty stuff I can find as I go.

It was a huge problem before I joined SW, then it was a problem right after I joined, as I kept overeating all these new yummy syn-free recipes I was trying. Then I managed to rein it in and gradually lose almost twenty pounds between August and November.
I did a Sober October, which obviously makes a difference. I had my Nexplanon implant fitted at the end of October. I still managed to keep losing into November, even though I was having wine again -it was all within my syn allowance though- except for one girls night out!
It was last December when I realized the weight loss actually levelled off, so I blamed it on Christmastime gatherings and nibbles in the office. I tried really hard to be good that month tho... (didn't actually have any of the office chocolate until my last day of work before Christmas) ...but looking back now, I had stopped losing, and I think by the end of December, I had started to feel a bit hopeless, but because it was still holiday time, just shrugged that feeling off and poured myself another glass of wine and grabbed another mince pie.
Since then it's just been a constant 'pound up pound down' scenario, with uncontrollable munchies nearly every evening.
With this implant, I've ended up getting a small TOTM every two or three weeks, very unpredictable, and I just feel PMS-ey all the time. Emotional, depressed even.
I know it's ME that's doing the eating /drinking, so is not fair to blame it on the implant, but it really seems like things have gone downhill for me since I had it put in.
Will see how things go with this detox, but I think it's time for the implant to come back out. :/

Oh hun although a great contreception, i know many of people in my mental health visits that seem do have put it down to the implant.
I would seriously have words with the doc and perhaps think again. I must admit although I get upset at times that hubby had the snip (taking that baby choice away from me) it was the best thing he did for me, as I no longer have to put the crappy hormones into my body and with my post natal the way it went I couldnt have had another child that could have potentially ended up without a mother.
Im not saying its the contreception is to blame at all, because im certainly still fighting demons and havent had anything hormonal for 5 years now, but the years that i did pump my body with it certainly had effect. I never had the implants, but contreceptive pills and the mirena coil, was enough.

Back to your weight and eating, you are doing fantastic to not have piled everything back on, please dont be down on yourself for that. Remember it goes on a lot quicker than losing it so 20lb hasnt gone back on in the 4 months it took you to lose it, thats a great sign. Give the detox a go, even what littlemiss is doing during the day only and a healthy meal at night, could give you a great result. Also you've established that evenings are your downfall, is that when kiddies are in bed? Have you a hobby or something you enjoy doing? (dont say eating!!) Ive got myself into making cards and when I feel that urge I will sit and get creative instead, its finding that something to keep your fingers busy. Even a soak in the bath, do your nails, try finding something for you that you enjoy.

I don't know if that helps but worth a go.
Have a lovely weekend. x

Thank you, Bubble. Yes, that helps! It's good to hear from sometime that's gone thru similar things. Curious tho, what do you mean by mental health visits? Do you think if I'm prone to depression, I might be more susceptible to being affected emotionally by the implant? That does make sense...

Anyhoo, yesterdays grub.

Coffee milk sugar 2 syns.
Water.
Brunch; poached egg, beans, sparkle juice.
Water.
Nibbles; satsumas, broccoli, small scone with marg (OOPS) (omg 7 syns? They're tiny! Plus 1 for marg), water
Supper; chicken breast, steamed broccoli and butternut squash, sweet potato chips. Galaxy caramel mini egg 3 syns.
Water.
Nibbles; 4 x Ryvita, 3 x light cows, 2 x red wine 16 syns, handful of hubby's crisps 4 syns, small chunk of cheddar that I tore right off the big chunk (not sure but having 3 syns for that). Then I went to bed, just to get out of the kitchen.

Jeepers creepers. I thought I'd been really good during the day! My babydude isn't well again - chicken pox, I think - that's how I ended up eating the scone, he didn't want it, and it was just sitting there looking all lonely and yummy.

You're right, Bubble, about having an evening hobby. I used to do a lot of soap-making and candle making waaay back before I met hubby. I haven't started any if it up again for a few reasons, one of them being, 'how dare I start fiddling around with soaps when there's so much else that needs doing?'
But truthfully, I feel like relaxing in the evenings. Not scrubbing the tub or floors.
Hmmm, another something to ponder... haven't got my bike yet, but I'm getting close...

Totals;
HexA, milk, light cows
HexB, Ryvita
Syns, 36 :banghead:
Steps, n/a
Fruit/veg, 5/10
Water, 2 litres

Happy mothers day hun!! Ill be replying to you later when i have longer than 5 mins at a time. :)
Have a great day. Ur a super mum/wife enjoy yourself today. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Happy Mothers Day to all my fellow mummies on here! Hope you've all been spoiled rotten and showered with love today... :)

I'm planning on starting my 48 hour detox tomorrow morning, so I must admit, I think I let myself go today a bit more than I normally would have.
My wee girl insisted on picking up a big chocolate Easter egg for me while out with my hubby, and I've already scoffed about half of it! Plus, I had a slice of lemon tart for pudding. Bad! I know! But you know, special occasion, blah blah.
Also, my little toddler-dude looks like he's got chickenpox. ...which is like the worst excuse ever for eating chocolate... not even sure why I mentioned it now.

So yes, today's foodage;

Breakfast; coffee milk sugar x 2 = 4syns
Poached egg, beans, Satsuma.
Couple bites of my chocolatey egg
Lunch; chicken mugshot, satsuma
Couple more nibbles of chocolate.
Cuppa tea, milk, sugar 2 syns, some chocolate to go with my tea. OMG, have had too much, put it away. Total damages, 13 syns. Oi vei.
Supper; 2x ww sausages 1 syn, broccoli, carrots, mashed potato
Dessert; lemon tart - holyflip 12syns

Well. So much for that glass of wine I was going to have tonight! Hahaha! Nevermind, have had enough wine this weekend. Sparkle juice it is!

Totals
HexA- milk in coffee and tea
HexB -none yet
Syns- 32
Fruit/veg - 5/10
Steps -can't find my pedometer!
Water, 1.5 litres

Just seen your post,
What a fab day you sound like you've had. I wish you all the best of luck with the detox tomorrow, take it slow and Littlemiss will keep an eye on you I sure. X

Good evening Hun,
it sounds like you've had a lovely day.
good luck with the detox. Note everything down if you can and post it on here so we can see how you're doing. I'm detoxing again this week but I'm cheating, I'm only doing day detox's and then having a healthy meal at night. Good luck with yours. Make sure you weigh yourself before you start.xx

Ooh yes, should do that! I hadn't thought about weighing myself - I never weigh at home cuz our scales don't seem that reliable but will make a note of what it says anyway.
I'm actually a bit excited about this 'detox' and have been meal planning in my head this morning already! I just hope I can find the time to prep things for myself.
I'm going to allow myself two cups of tea (as you suggested, LMN) to avoid caffeine-withdrawal symptoms. Have been drinking more water lately anyway, but will increase that as well... might keep some lemon water and cucumber water in the fridge, and will also be having hot lemon water.
Think I'll be fine just munching fruit and raw veg during the day, it's the evening I'm worried about. Planning a spinach salad, loaded with fruit and veg to make it interesting, but will also have some cooked veggies to fill me up.
Hubby is home this evening, so I might go out for a walk, and enjoy the evening light...

Here goes!

Good luck mate, sounding positive, i love it.:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Okay, home from shopping and the school run.
Bought loads of fresh produce. Need to eat something as have only had 1 litre of water and mug of tea. Going to mix up a fruit salad of Kiwi, banana and apple. About to have my first mug of hot lemon water too - have done it in my cafetiere to try and strain out the bits. :)

Attachments

• 1396257338201.jpg
    1396257338201.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 39
Okay, home from shopping and the school run.
Bought loads of fresh produce. Need to eat something as have only had 1 litre of water and mug of tea. Going to mix up a fruit salad of Kiwi, banana and apple. About to have my first mug of hot lemon water too - have done it in my cafetiere to try and strain out the bits. :)

Glad you managed to get some fresh fruit. The fruit will give you a sugar kick to keep your energy up.
Good luck with the lemon, I used to have to hold my nose when drinking it but I've got use to it now. I cheat though and use jif lemon because it's easier.xx

Just finished lunch! Late one today, busy looking after my wee dude, he's such a little trooper.
Had a spinach salad with kiwi, strawberries and avocado (25g, so about 2.5 syns), and I squeezed an orange slice over it as my dressing. Do I have syn that?
I LOVE avocado, but haven't eaten it at all since starting SW, cuz I thought it was a lot higher in syns.
Still sipping water too!

Attachments

• 1396270636708.jpg
    1396270636708.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 45
Just finished lunch! Late one today, busy looking after my wee dude, he's such a little trooper.
Had a spinach salad with kiwi, strawberries and avocado (25g, so about 2.5 syns), and I squeezed an orange slice over it as my dressing. Do I have syn that?
I LOVE avocado, but haven't eaten it at all since starting SW, cuz I thought it was a lot higher in syns.
Still sipping water too!

Your salad looks good, I hope it was tasty.
I don't syn anything when I'm detoxing. But that's only because I've never been overly strict with my syns anyway.
How was the hot lemon? I've just had my 3rd mug of the day, as much as I hate it, I love the fact that it is a great fat burner so it makes it taste better :)
Keep drinking that water!!xx

The hot lemon was okay, I didn't mind it actually, had two earlier in the day, will have another this evening.
Snacked on carrots and fruit this afternoon, and had half a cup of tea.
I'm at about 2.5 litres of water.

Just finished my supper... I chucked tomatoes, onions, garlic, carrots, celery, peppers and basil in the slow cooker this afternoon, whizzed it into a pasta sauce for the kids (they had it with spaghetti and sausage) and had it on top of steamed courgette strips. Couldn't finish it. Yuck.
The sauce was good tho.

Attachments

• 1396287237873.jpg
    1396287237873.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 38
Food looking so yum. I love avocado and always think of it as high in syns but, I guess if we syn it there is no reason to not have it. :)
Well done so far you sound like your ontop of it all, keep going hun, and hope you get out for your walk this evening, it will be great 'you time'.
I love courgette but not steamed, grilled, frylighted but too bland steamed. Great idea though, never thought of that as replacement to pasta.:cool:

Back