Syns 'n Stuff - My Daily Food Diary

Happy Saturday everyone! Gorgeous day, just sitting down to tuck into my brunch after a lazy morning. Updating my Diet Doodle Diary before I update my stats on here. I'm on my tablet, how do I post a PIC? Hmmmm...

Well that pic posting thing and the promised following update didn't happen, did it? Apologies! I'm trying to get myself organised again - still trying to declutter and redecorate as I go, and now I've got both my kids and hubbies birthdays (and parties for the kids of course!) coming up within the next four weeks.
All I need to do is remember to post a pic, and then I can come back and update and total in the evening, but it honestly keeps slipping my mind.
Yesterday was okay, but today was a slightly off day.
The good news is I'm down about three lbs since my last weigh in... bad news is I'm still not back to my pre-holiday weight, still a couple lbs to go.
Am starting the GCC on 27May15 so that will hopefully help motivate me to get more active again, and get back to the gym before my membership expires in July!

Hope everyone is keeping well, ((hugs)) all around!
xoxoxo

Right, peeps.

I'm back. I know I've said that before and have then gone away again... and then Minimins went away and I started up somewhere else, I think.
Hmm, can't remember which order it all happened in now, but here I am. Heavier than ever! Have had my head in the sand for YONKS now, but have had a recent wake-up call that has reminded me that heart problems run in my family, and that my blood pressure is WAY too high at the mo. So onwards and upwards (or forwards or whatever...) !!

So far today, have only had a coffee with milk and sugar, tea with milk and sugar, and some fat free cottage cheese.

Contemplating starting a new diary thread, but will leave things as they are for now, until I get my head round how this all works. (Looks so new and shiny here!!)

I'm looking forward to catching up with old friends, and making some new ones as well. Will be sticking with old SW EE rules to start out and will eventually go back to group once I know I'm going to stick with it.

Okey doke. Going to go poke around and see what's new and what's happenin' with everyone.

Okay, here's my day!

I've actually already typed this all out and posted it, but it timed out and is now gone.:grumble: Nevermind. It's okay actually, because I've realised I was counting extra syns I didn't actually have. HURRAH.

water
coffee, milk, sugar - 2.5 syns
fat free cottage cheese
tea, milk, sugar - 2.5 syns
plain tea
cooked chicken breast
tin of heinz spaghetti
water
sparkling summer fruit water
spaghetti marinara (free) with meatballs (not free) - meant to only have two but just kept stuffing my face with them! stopped after six, and I calc'd 1.62 syns each
alpro soya chocolate - HexA
alpen light bar - HexB

Ugh. Hmm. Now if THAT doesn't look like the diet of champions, I don't know what does. :D

Totals: 15 syns, 6920 steps.

Tomorrow, I need to NOT graze like a flipping cow all day, and have set meals so I can get my superfrees in!
Need to prep!

G'night!

Posting for yesterday! My cousin arrived yesterday and we drank wine all evening so already having to write off a day :( but I'm still going to post because I need to get into the habit again!

Water
Coffee milk sugar 2.5 syns
Black coffee
Water
Green apple
Chicken mugshot
Ryvita HexB
Bite of kids Mac and cheese 1 syn
Half chicken breast
Plain spaghetti and three meatballs 5 syns
Cholesterol reducing drink
Small red wine 6 syns
A lot of white wine 15+ syns

Totals: 17+15+ syns
Steps, probably about 7000, but not sure as Fitbit needs charging

Right. New day.

Last edited:
Today was very similar to the past couple of days, except my cousin left this morning!

Had water throughout the day
Coffee, milk, sugar 2.5 syns
Black coffee
Orange
Tomato Mugshot
Tea
Light babybel (part HexA)
Steak medallion with peppercorn crust, jacket potato & beans, peas, spinach and f/f cottage cheese

Since kids have gone to bed, I've had 2 x gin and slimline tonic, 8 syns (slightly over filled the measure, prob more like 10 or 12), Nature Valley Popcorn, Salted Caramel, Almond & Pretzel Bar 4 syns, 2x light cow cheese 3 syns
21.5. Fitbit still not charged.

So from tomorrow, back on it!

Today was a scary day :(

I've been feeling like the splurging I've been doing over the past month (was away on hols and then had visitors) has been catching up with me. Too much wine and not enough exercise. So I've taken my blood pressure a few times over the last couple of days, and it was high. Like Google brought up "See a doctor immediately."

So off to the docs I went - no doctors available of course, but saw a nurse practitioner. Straightaway she said, yep, too high and I need to go on BP medication.

I agreed and waited while she looked a few things up to see which one would be best for me. I casually said, "I can just go on them for a while while I lose weight and then come off them again," to which she replied, "Oh no. You can't stop taking them. Not ever. It would be too much of a risk to your kidneys." Which set me off into panic mode. WTF am I doing to my body, that I now have to choose which body parts I'm wanting to save? Have I already done so much damage that I will already be on medication for the rest of my life?

So I changed my mind. And walked out without a prescription.
I've been here before in the past - being told I need to be taking medication to lower my BP - but this was the first time I was warned about stroke symptoms and been made to promise if I had any of these symptoms I'd get myself straight to emergency.

Also, I've managed this before. Lost weight, exercised and within two months my blood pressure was at a normal level. I can do it again. But I would have felt a lot safer if I could have temporarily taken BP medication.

Yeah. So. Haven't thought much about SW today, but will definitely be joining a group again.

Food today (water throughout):

Coffee, milk, sugar 2.5 syns
Plain tea
Small red apple
Small piece of cornbread with lurpak (those dang Tesco sample ladies, pushin' their goods on me!) 3 syns?
Baked salmon
Cherry tom, cucumber and avocado salad with a splash of balsamic vinegar 7 syns
Raw red and yellow pepper slices
Sleepytime tea

12.5 syns total

14,876 steps today, woop woop!

My daughter and I walked/jogged the Race For Life today. I felt unsure about going ... I feel like a bit of a ticking time bomb at the mo, but I went and I felt great afterwards!!

I will be making sure I get out walking everyday, just because it made me feel less stressy.

My BP is still high, slightly lower than yesterday's reading tho. I'm trying not to think about it too much, as that just makes it worse.

So yesterday I started (ish!) something called the DASH Diet. Dietary A... I can never remember what the A is for. Dietary Adjustments?
Anyway, Dietary (something) for Stopping Hypertension.

(Slightly rubbish acronym if you ask me, by hey ho.)

It's a diet to reduce blood pressure. My understanding is that a group of doctors in the USA at one point said to bring BP down, eat loads of fruit and veg, decent amount of whole grains, stick to low fat dairy and lean meats.

Then, someone took that a step further, and wrote a book making it into an actual diet, with the first two weeks being a real focus on weight loss.
So this is what I'm attempting to do.

Just for a week or so, and will then transition into SW, which will seem like a massive treat to me.

I will have to do it differently this time though. No more Mugshots or salt on my food! :(
I do hope this is all just a temporary thing with my BP!

Today:

Cottage cheese, blueberries and oats (made an exception to the carbs because of the 5k run I was doing!)
8 cherry tomatoes, 2*light babybel
Tuna salad with peppers onions 1/4 avocado (3 syns), 1 TSP extra light Mayo (1 syn), on baby spinach
Black coffee
Three strawberries
Slow cooked chicken and tomatoes
Broccoli, carrots, cauliflower

I should also have had yogurt, cashews and raw pepper strips today, but came to bed early with a headache.

New day tomoz! Will hopefully notice another slight drop in BP!?

BP down again this morning, just a smidge, but I'll take it!

This diet is making me realise how often I eat, just for the sake of it, just to have the satisfaction of something yummy for that fleeting moment of delight.

Again today, I haven't yet eaten everything I'm supposed to, just because I seem to have run out of time. :/ I will be up early tomorrow so will have more time to fit it all in.

Today;

Egg and finely chopped red and green pepper and onion, cooked together omelette style, eaten with 1 light cow cheese and I cherry tomatoes sliced in half. (This was breakfast and mid morning snack combined)
8 small carrot sticks and 1 light cow cheese
(This should have been afternoon snack but ended up being my lunch)
Chicken & Coleslaw (2syns) Lettuce Wraps x 3 and sugar snap peas (was supposed to be my lunch, but was my supper instead)

I can still have 20 unsalted peanuts, roasted turkey breast, sauteed carrots and onions,
And a salad with fat free dressing!!

I think if anything, I will only have turkey and salad. Am not feeling like I'm missing carbs as much as I thought I would, but in my mind, I'm really aware that I'm missing my HexBs!!

Apparently I can have sliders and fried onions tomorrow night, yummo!

Looking up syns, will be back to edit!

Last edited:
Good grief!! Nearly three years ago!! That's how long it's been since I was here?!?

And I was like, "just looking up syns, will be back!" :rotflmao: LOL!

Anyhoo. Hey peeps, how is everyone doing?

I need to find a group to chat with on here to help keep me motivated.
I've gained a lot since last here, so will have to update my numbers.
Struggling to lose anything before lockdown, and now am suffering the effects of my kids taking up cake-baking to alleviate the boredom!

Am I better off drawing a line under this and starting a new food diary? I dunno.

Things have changed on here since I first joined Minimums (what's with all the Donald Trump ads!?) so I hope I'm doing the right thing by following a few others for inspiration.

I just need to start keeping track of my food again. So here goes.

😁

Posted last night, but forgot to save... Yesterday's food.

B: Tesco skinny latte, 7 syns 😳
Coffee with milk, 2.5 syns
Two X wholemeal toast with light cow cheese, hex b and part of a

S: sugar free peach squash

L: Raw spinach with cold pasta and smoked salmon, nibble of hubby's peppered mackerel, .5 syn

S: sugar free peach squash, cracker with peanut butter that my son wouldn't eat, 1 syn

D: Pork steak done in Stir Fry Frylight, plain rice and half a plateful of mixed veg, nibble of daughters chow mein, 1 syn

S: my son made focaccia bread! So yes, I had some. With olive oil and balsamic vinegar! Will guesstimate 3 syns.

SO, I'm remembering now exactly how I got frustrated and fed up with myself for failing everyday due to my nibbling habit!
Not a horrible start, though.

Right. No food diary again today. 😩

How ridiculous is it that I seem to need someone to literally hold my hand to be able to do this!!!

No excuses! Just NOT taking the time to write things down, to plan meals out.

I need to find threads to follow on here so I'll get regular 'dingdings' to keep me on my toes.

Maybe??

Back