Syns 'n Stuff - My Daily Food Diary

Subscribing! :)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hello and welcome! :D

Sooooo. I did end up getting munchy last night. Very. I thought if I relaxed with a glass of wine (8syns) and a babybel that would satisfy me... but alas, I was wrong!
Thankfully I had leftover syn-free lasagna in the fridge. I oinked down a whole takeaway container of it... but it's free, right? (Dunno, still feel guilty and piggy) And then wanted something sweet so had a Go-ahead bar, forest fruits (7 syns).
So will gang my head in shame and go update yesterday's diary.

Just move on hun and make sure you have plenty of free stuff about for munchie moments xx

Im having a bit of a moment too honey, we just need to keep going as best as we can. The good will outweigh the bad in the end..

Yes! We can do it! It's just always the same thing for me... I'm fine during the day, and then fall apart in the evening.

I'm hoping now that I'm keeping track of steps I will be burning off a few more calories at least!

I'm the same, come the evening all I want to do is stuff my face. I try and leave a hex or 2 for then with a cuppa but it doesn't always do the job the same way a glass of wine and a choc bar...

I'm counting steps too, downloaded an app to my phone last week. I was actually surprised by how little I do, I think you are supposed to aim for 10k a day!

Hmmm, which app did you download? I've got one on my phone too, but haven't bothered with it much as it was much faster to find and clip on my ol' pedometer!

:)

Okey doke! Here's today;

Breakfast; coffee milk sugar 2 syns, banana, orange, apple
Nibbles; mugshot
Lunch; poached egg, baked beans, carrots peppers mangetout with homemade fat free dip cuppa lady grey
Snack; cottage cheese, apple, pear, light cow
Supper; smoked salmon on quark topped Ryvita, with squeeze of lemon juice and pepper, raw veg and ff dip
Mullerlight Vanilla and white chocolate options, 2syns
Snack ; SW quiche with courgette and carrot
Babybel light

Totals
HexA; milk in coffee and tea, babybel light
HexB; Ryvita x 3
Syns; 4 + 8.5 glass of red
Fruit veg;9
Steps; 11046

That's more like it!

Last edited:
Morning, how did you do? Did u stop there?
I cant help you with the wine im not a drinker but would it be worth mixing it with sprite zero to make it a longer drink? you can have 2 glasses then for same synnage and psychologically youve had 2 glasses if wine. Just a thought.;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Morning, how did you do? Did u stop there?
I cant help you with the wine im not a drinker but would it be worth mixing it with sprite zero to make it a longer drink? you can have 2 glasses then for same synnage and psychologically youve had 2 glasses if wine. Just a thought.;)

I love my wine! Yes, I usually do mix it with my sparkling water if I'm having white wine, but I don't like mixing anything with the red.
I didn't stop eating, tbh, after I posted, but all I nibbled on was my SW quiche, and then had a cuppa Clipper Snore and Peace tea!
So no more syns (hurrah), but still need to update my steps!

I have a throbbing headache at the mo, so not really in the mood to read and chat at the min (sorry!) but need to get this down...

Breakfast; coffee milk sugar 2 syns, sparkling grapefruit.
Poached egg, smoked salmon on Ryvita
Snack; Apple slices
Lunch; tinned spaghetti
Coffee with milk
Nibbles; light cow cheese, carrot sticks, red peppers, mangetout
Supper; SW butternut squash and bacon risotto, lovely and syn-free, then went and caved and had a hot dog with the kids! Have calc'd this at about 12 syns including ketchup and mayo. Holy flip, huh!?

Will total later, cuz those dishes aren't doing themselves!

------------Edit!----------

Okay, hafta be honest here. Things have been a bit up and down around here lately.
Okay, I've been feeling up and down. And yesterday and today was a bit, um, down.
Gawd I hate it, I so don't want to be a downer for anyone, but sometimes I get so fed up I just don't give a flying rats a*s about what I'm eating.
I know I'm not the only one who goes through stuff like this... whether its just been a really tough day, or it's been diagnosed as actual depression - when you look at it day by day, so many of us are in the same boat aren't we? Just at that one moment, we might be.
In case it isn't already obvious, I've 'treated myself' to two glasses of wine tonight! Just feeling philosophical and pensive and angry and grumpy at the same time. Not good!

Anyway, I'm on a bit of a run with these down days. Need a swift kick in the ass.

If I'm bringing things down too much, please let me know, don't just boot me out - I am capable of zipping it, if need be!

**On a more positive note - I've changed my avatar - do you love it? It's so totally not me, but is sort of who Id like to be - and she makes me laugh, so she's staying for a while!

Last edited:
Oh hun. I know only too well what your saying, it wont matter what anyone else has to say it just doesnt make you feel better when you're like that.
I had to sit down and write what was putting me in that rutt, i then prioritised wat needed changing. Picked the first point and looked for ways to make it work, and if i wanted it to work. My hubby was my rock he helps me through everything but the answers had to be mine or it didnt work. Its a long journey. Im at the stage now where way down on my list the weight thing has to be addressed. Its what i want to fix next so its this years battle amongst ongoing others too. Im already beginning to think that feeling better about my body is giving me pride and confidence to face the other challenges. Wish now it was the first thing on my list but at the time it couldnt be. I was in a dark place and had to get out.
Talking and writing things down does help, sometimes you dont get a response from anyone but yourself.
Ramble all you like i will be reading, try and take pressure off yourself and think of whats important to you.
Good luck hun, dont think ive helped but im about. X

P.s
Love miss piggy. :D

Aww, thank you Bubble, it really means a lot to know someone is there to listen! Writing does help, I used to do lots of journalling before the kids were born. I will try not to bore you with the gory details, hahaha!

Anyway, thanks again, you're muchly appreciated! :)
Will pop in later to update food diary and catch up with everyone.

hi sweetie x

Hello peeps!
Better late than never...

Breakfast; coffee milk sugar 2 syns, sparkle juice
Orange, apple

Lunch; SW quiche, Mullerlight, banana

Snack; Alpen light bar, coffee, sparkle juice
Supper; SW risotto, Ryvita, light cow cheese, babybel

Snack; pasta with ff Hellman's dressing, sparkle juice

Glass of wine; 9 syns!

Totals
HexA - milk in coffee, cow, babybel
HexB - Ryvita, alpen light bar
Syns - 11
Fruit/veg; 5
Steps; 8951, including my TKD class! What the flip?

Ah well, better than I thought I would do today, food wise!

(BTW, 'sparkle juice' is short for 'sparkling fruit flavoured water' - I had a coupla different ones, depending on where I was)

Last edited:
You did well yesterday, keep going. If you can find a way to work in your wine even better hey.:p
Which flavoured water do you get? As I love flavoured water but have steered clear as many of them have syns.

Dont be upset with the steps, you'll notice yourself toning up with the tkd. Its good when you find something you enjoy. I enjoy being outdoors it helps with my depression so thats why my steps are quite high the mp3 goes on and I off wherever my legs will take me. I know I worry hubby sometimes as I just walk without a destination sometimes but Im like a homing pigeon - always find my way home.
Have a good day again today. x

I know I worry hubby sometimes as I just walk without a destination sometimes but Im like a homing pigeon - always find my way home.
Have a good day again today. x

I do this too, drives him crazy! Don't walk much anymore when it's dark out, cuz I've been told off a few times, actually.
I get my sparkling fruit drinks from Tesco, Sainsburys, Or Aldi. I've checked them on the SW app and they're free! Or at least they were last time I checked.

Just sat down at the work canteen, roast chicken salad on the menu today... check this out!

Attachments

• 1394801068284.jpg
    1394801068284.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 73
I haven't come across any flavoured water with syns ..... scary :eek:

I was horrified when i read flavoured water had syns. I love the stuff and drink loads esp when trying to avoid the alcohol!

Hope you are feeling a bit better missus. It is hard when you are feeling down esp when there is no real reason that you can put your finger on. I end up feeling guilty for being that way as i have so much to be thankful for but i guess thats how it is.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back