Syns 'n Stuff - My Daily Food Diary

Right Ive had a good search about and sorry girls but some flavoured waters are synned. The worst culprit is volvic. It seems if there are less than 5 cal per 100ml then its syn free. So I will be checking the nutritions before indulging.

Hummingbird
TKD = tae kwon do
and please do let us now what the new muppets film is like, my lot are begging me to take them. x

Yes, when I first started SW my consultant said I'd have to be really careful about checking the syns in sparkling flavoured water-type drinks. But the ones I get are syn-free, defo. Tesco is closest to me and they're 4 for £1.50 there, and the Aldi ones are about 35p, so not priced too badly either!

Ooh wait, yes, food diary. That's why I'm here!

Breakfast; coffee milk sugar 2 syns.

Snack; satsuma, sparkle juice

Lunch; delicioso roast chicken salad with boiled new potatoes, cucumber, tomato, hard boiled egg, sweet curried rice (guessing 2 syns)

230 snack; HiFi light bar, black coffee
5pm snack; pear

Supper; tuna pasta bake made by hubby, with chopped tomato, green peppers and onion. It was topped with cheddar, so I 'peeled' back the layer of cheese before dishing up... but I still got some in there! Unmeasured... think I can still count that as my HexA?
Had Mullerlight raspberry for pudding. Ooh, and then a Freddo frog 5 syns.

Feeling absolutely stuffed full at the moment... hallelujah! It IS possible!

Totals;
HexA;milk in coffee, cheese in supper
HexB; HiFi light
Syns; 9
Fruit/veg; 8
Steps; 3946 - so far! Am heading out for a walk yet this evening... just to the shop, but may take the scenic route to bump these steps up!

Good girl! It can be done, proud of you. ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

H'ro! (That's me trying to talk with my mouth stuffed full of Pop Chips) (18 crisps, 5 syns!)

Slept in today, so no brekkie.

Brunch; coffee milk sugar 2 syns, 2 poached eggs, beans, bacon, smidge of instant mash, honeydew melon and blueberries. FEAST!

Snacks; coffee with milk. That's it!

Supper; Bit of a mish mash as I was trying to get the kids sorted and get my wee toddler-dude to eat something. (He just HAS to have a huge food-throwing fuss before he settles down and eats... is this normal? My daughter never did anything like this, as far as I can remember.) Right. Supper, or "random bites in lieu of supper" to be truthful. SW quiche leftovers, quorn sausage with ketchup (0.5 syns), steamed carrots, bite of white bread roll, with whilst trying to convince dude to eat, (1 syn).
During their dessert I ended up putting light squirty cream on my finger twice and eating it, so I'm going to count that as 2 syns. I have no idea how much each squirt weighed.... seriously, do people stop and weigh their food in these impulse moments?
Anyway, the kids thought it was hilarious to be eating squirty cream off their fingers, so made it worth the syns.

Since they've gone to bed, I've tidied, cleaned, done the kitchen, watched the last half of a movie, had a cathartic cry, had 1 babybel, 1 light cow cheese, 18 pop chips (5 syns), 2 small glasses of wine (14 syns) and a handful of Pringles (5 syns). Off to bed I go before I do anymore damage!

Totals:
HexA; Milk, cow, babybel
HexB; none, dang! missed em!
Syns; 27
Fruit/veg; 4

OMG. I'm sorry guys this is embarrassing! I know it's not drastic, but I'm obviously not great at following SW at the mo. I probably shouldn't even be on MiniMins, totally not living the dream here!

...I have felt better today though. Just need to match up my mood with my food!! x

Hey missus it's not bad, and it is impressive that you are at least counting the syns. When I tend to go off plan (I did too yesterday lol) I go into denial and stop counting so you are maintaining some control even though it mightn't feel that way. And the way I look at it a few bad days is better than all bad days. Have you thought about using your syns weekly so you can have that flexibility? It seems to work for some people.

Re: your toddler, I thought this was normal?! Although my 2 year old is the poster child for the terrible twos so I am not the best to advise probably! They just seem to go through stages of random behaviours. My little man is so stubborn, if he does not want to eat, nothing (and I mean nothing) will make him eat. Ditto sitting at the table. Yet other times he is impeccable. I would love to know what goes through their heads.

OMG. I'm sorry guys this is embarrassing! I know it's not drastic, but I'm obviously not great at following SW at the mo. I probably shouldn't even be on MiniMins, totally not living the dream here!

...I have felt better today though. Just need to match up my mood with my food!! x

Hi mate,
Not embarrassing at all. Believe it or not you are in control by writing and working your syns out.
You sound so much like me a couple of years ago. Didn't understand why i was even bothering.
You're on minimins for support, believe me you are not alone its amazing how many people out there like that. I had real denial issues but once i began to talk about things i realised i werent the only nutcase in the world!

As for your boy, they are from mars!! My boy is the fussiest eater in the world! Completely different from my girls he will be the death of me! Ive come to terms with - he is what he is and i just ignore him if hes too much, wish my hubby could too cos it enrages him sometimes to such a degree he becomes unbearable too. He cant see it makes my boy a 'mini me' of him.

Anyway mate don't you dissapear on us by not posting ill be here waiting.
Hope you have a lovely sunday. X

Thanks ladies, it's so great to have support on here. And it's so good to know we're not alone in the food-fuss department!
Had to go through it all again this morning... he screamed and fussed and threw himself around from 6:05 until almost 8am, then say and wolfed his way through his breakfast, giving it NOM NOM NOM the whole time. Lord knows what the neighbours were thinking!

Haha, im surprised my neighbours haven't called social services!! Enjoy ur shopping. X

Here to subscribe.

I think you are doing wonderful calculating how many syns you've been having......

Hi Judith, welcome aboard!

Have had such a lovely day - up way too early but was able to make up for it with a wee afternoon nap! Skipped housework for a picnic in the park with my wee girl. Babydude woke up early from his nap so hubby packed him up and came to join us. Just love watching my kids play together... I know it sounds stupidly sappy, but makes my heart overflow!
Big shop, then home. Steak and SW chips for tea, yummo.
Hope everyone has had a good weekend!

Breakfast; coffee milk sugar 2 syns, scrambled eggs with sriracha (would be less than 1/8 syn so not counting today) drizzled over, leftover quorn sausage 1 syn.

Lunch; apple, light cow cheese, sparkle juice, bite of my girls ice cream - 1 syn.

Nibbles; bite of kids tuna pasta

Supper; sirloin steak, fat trimmed, BBQ sauce 0.5 syns, SW chips, salad, small red wine 4.5 syns.
Dessert; fat free Greek yogurt and quark mixed with choc options (2 syns), topped with raspberries

We decided to have supper after the kids went to bed... felt like such a luxury! Might do that more often :)

Snack; crownfield muesli bar; 5 syns. Was ok, but wish I would have totalled my syns before I indulged!

Totals ;
HexA, milk, cow cheese
HexB, none
Syns; 16
Fruit/veg, 3/10 booo
Steps; 8003. Hm. Only about 4000 OFF MY GOAL. Flippin'eck.

Ok. Well, better on the syns fer shur. And was quite a relaxed day, wasn't keeping track of food, etc. Ready for bed now, methinks!

See you all in the morning!
x

Glad you had such a lovely relaxed day. You sound much happier, maybe taking the pressure off yourself and finding the things you enjoy to do with your lovely family is the way forward.
Heres to another great day. Well done. X

hi honey..... dropping in to say hello x

Hi BCP, thanks for dropping by! Hope you're doing well - it's great to know you're feeling better and are around and posting again! Will pop into your diary to catch up on your news...

Haven't really kept track today - will see if I can remember.
Why is it that I start off the day SO organised and sorted and have everything planned out with how much I'm going to achieve, etc etc etc, and then it all falls apart at almost exactly 4:26pm?? I felt so much more happy and settled this morning than I do now. Or at least, than I did before the kiddoes went to bed. I need to stop letting them dictate my mood! I'M the grown-up here!

Anyhoo, food.

Brekkie: coffee, milk, sugar 2 syns. Honeydew.
Another coffee, milk with splenda. only drank half.

Snack; sparkle juice, half a satsuma

Lunch; (post-shopping feast!) syn-free lincolnshire sausage, mash and beans.

Snack: 1 cream cracker with marg and bovril (2.5 syns), 2 ryvita, Cuppatea Lady Grey with splenda and splash milk

Supper: erm. Haven't really had supper. :( I've eaten tho. Which isn't really a good sign...
Alright. I'm being totally honest here! total 3 light cow cheeses, handful of turkey slices, handful of smoked ham slices, handful of shreddies (1.5 syns), thought about chopping and eating some raw veggies but didn't do it, had a pot of ambrosia rice pudding instead (fussy toddler reject) (guessing 2.5 as it was a 55g pot), aldi Groovy biscuit (6 syns), glass of leftover white wine, (prob about 7 or 8 syns)

It's obvious that things will work out better for me if I plan and prepare, but what should I do if it all falls apart and I don't have a back-up SW Quiche in the fridge? I'm okay with the taste of Mugshots these days (wasn't sure at first) but I hafta be honest - I don't feel at my best when I eat them regularly. Is it maybe a preservative issue?

I don't mean to get away from the point though. I often feel like I need a babysitter to watch me and correct my mistakes, and stop me from having that cookie/cereal bar (that actually belongs to the kids!) or from pouring that glass of wine.

I know what I need to do. Increase exercise, cut out all wine, get the fl*p out of the kitchen and up to bed *before* 10pm. 9:30 even. (WHOO!)
And it's up to me to just do it. There is no magical fairy godmother or babysitter/handholder to help, just me (with you guys being my little cheerleaders in the background!)

I know this. What's stopping me?

:/

Sounds like pure exhaustion mate. How old are your little ones, they do need and use up a lot of your energy without you even realising sometimes.
My kids now eat what I eat they may have a little extra bit here and there but its stops me being tempted by their junk. I used to really stress when my boy didn't eat, there was a point once that I was doing 4 different suppers just to please him.
I did come out of cloud cuckoo one day and thought if he don't like what there is to eat then its his loss. People can survive on just water for 40 days so unless he don't eat nothing for a month I won't panic. Ive got to say it worked he is still quite fussy but he knows there is nothing different 'til tomorrows dinner. So that also stopped me having the left over nuggets and smilie faces.
We are your cheerleaders and please believe me when I say it gets easier. If you have people around you to help you take their help make life as easy as you can for yourself. Focus on the good of you LOs cos Im sure you wouldn't change them.
Wine doesn't solve it either just makes a hole in your pocket where the money should have been, went down that road too and got into debt instead. Now I don't drink at all.
I'm worried for you but in a good way your talking/writing about it, I just bottled it til I didn't want to deal with it no more, got very dark and my biggest failure to date.
So keep posting and if you want me to shut up please do tell me. I just hear me a few years ago, thats all.

Lightening up the mood again, where do you get syn free sausages?

Thanks again for listening, Bubble! There are things I've been meaning to ask and talk with you about but I get my butt to work at the moment so we'll catch up later!
Sausages are done by a local butcher, and my consultant has declared them syn free.... not slimming world. So I don't syn them, but not sure the company would agree?

Have a nice day hun catch up later. X

Oi vei! Look at the time! Best get my diary down before bed...

Breakfast: coffee, milk, sugar 2 syns

Snack; banana, black coffee, hi fi bar

Lunch; bite of babydudes beans on toast (1 syn), light cow cheese, cuppa tea, milk, tomato mugshot with poached egg

Snack; orange, light cow cheese

Supper; SW Creamy Tuna Pasta, sparkle juice, f/f vanilla & coconut yogurt

Snack; bite of leftover supper, 6 mikado sticks (3 syns)

Red wine - I think about 175ml - looked like too small a glass to me! But 6 syns, nevertheless.

Totals:
HexA; milk, cow cheese
HexB; nothing! might munch a ryvita before bed!
Syns: 12
Steps:12487

Might be a long night... toddler-dude has a nasty cough! Poor little guy.

Yay good day! :) Hope your nights not too bad mate, hopefully once in a deep sleep he won't keep coughing give his throat a break.

Nighty night. x

Back