Syns online or Food Directory...

ruby39

which one has the correct syn values? I've just looked up syns for Tesco's lamb shanks in mint gravy and according to my book they are 3 syns each, but the on-line calculator values them at 1 1/2 syns each.

I've also noticed this with other foods and feel that I've just wasted £7.50 on a book which I really don't know has the correct syn information.

Online will always be more up-to-date. Syn values change all the time and the book version is out-of-date almost before it hits the shelf.

ruby39 said:
which one has the correct syn values? I've just looked up syns for Tesco's lamb shanks in mint gravy and according to my book they are 3 syns each, but the on-line calculator values them at 1 1/2 syns each.

I've also noticed this with other foods and feel that I've just wasted £7.50 on a book which I really don't know has the correct syn information.

The Tesco simply cook lamb shanks are meant to be free, was it a different type/ version one u looked up?

I posed this question the other day and am still confused! The book says frozen but mine are chilled (and delicious). :)

Well it may be a new product that's not listed online yet but you can still use the syn calculator to work out the syn values

Back