T_T's (hopefully!) dimishing returns!

Wasn't overly hungry after dance last night. Pan fried some tender stem broccoli and green beans, with garlic, and a sprinkle of parmesan. Pool still out of action, but it's a gorgeous morning here, so went out for a walk. 4 miles in the bag, and 8k steps done before work.

Will see if rugby's on tonight; if it's not, will probably put in a gym session.

Breakfast of banana and blueberries, with chopped nuts, drizzle of peanut butter, chia seeds and Greek yogurt.

Have been a bit slack in posting, with things being a bit busy. But just back from rugby tour, and ready to refocus. Food wasn't brilliant, because I wasn't in control of a lot of it. But the scales suggest I haven't done too much damage. Will do an "official" weight on Saturday.

I've also registered to walk a half marathon next month. They've done Mo-Runs for a walk, but are now also running a Mo-Walk. Sadly, it's not been very well subscribed (not helped by fairly low levels of advertising), so we're now walking the same route as the runners. OR we can go off and do our own route, as long as we start and cross the finish line in time. I think I will probably head a bit off-route, as it will be super busy on the laps. Will have to look at some options. 4.5 hours to finish, so a reasonable time as well.

Still podding along! Feel focussed, yet also relaxed. Other people are really starting to notice the difference in my weight now, which is always nice to hear.

Had a lovely 13ish mile walk on Saturday. Considering it was up and down and through mud, I was happy with the time, and pretty confident about achieving the time for Mo-Walk. Still just a bit gutted about not having the advertised check-points etc, but do understand the cost and staffing restraints.

Flat smells lovely this afternoon; slow roasting some veggies (and LOADS) of garlic for a soup. I've cooked some yellow lentils to add for a creamy/thick texture as well. And extra lentils left over for some savoury pancake/patty type things.

Been trying to add salmon a couple of times a week, and really love cooking it in the air fryer. Such a time saver! Had it with air fried cauliflower, and pan fried greens with garlic and almonds when I got in last night.

Off to Pilates and Zumba this evening. Really missed it last week!

Soup was delicious, and the lentil patties really worked (so well, that all off the leftovers were used up almost straight away, because OH decided he liked them!)

Today has been a bit hit and miss. I've got a lot going on personally, and work's been a bit hectic. BUT it's not an excuse. Off for a walk now, as desperately need some fresh air. OH had to pop into town, if he's not back, I'll get a workout in.

Pilates and zumba were good last night - and much needed. No pilates class next week, so may move things around a little bit to fit better, especially as it's my birthday Monday, so may decide not to go to dance then. All rather depends on what OH is working, I suppose.

woohoo it's finally Friday.

It has felt a very long week. But that's probably because of two short weeks before it. In even better news, I have Monday and Tuesday off. Although I then come back to delivering some pretty full-on training to another department, so no real rest for the wicked!

I desperately need to get back into a routine with swimming. I was really good in the morning, but that's tapered off with the change in weather. That said, I've not allowed everything going on at the moment to totally derail me. More wine than I'd like, but still in control.

Not sure what the plans are for the weekend. I think we'll probably be at the rugby tomorrow afternoon after training. And maybe Sunday lunch with OH's dad and step mum, who have just recently move down to Cardiff.

Have a lovely birthday weekend - definitely more relaxed about food and drink, but still saw 2lbs off on the scales on Saturday morning.

Got absolutely soaked at rugby training, and then walked 8 miles through mud, torrential rain and glorious sunshine! New trail shoes will be just the job for the half marathon on Saturday.

We had Chinese takeaway last night, and I was probably a bit greedy. Not feeling brilliant today, but hoping I can brush whatever it is off. Busy work week, with picking up a new project (maternity cover), as well as delivering a load of training, and trying to manage my own team.

Fab weekend - completed the half marathon (walk). 3 hours 40ish, and I did just over 13.5 miles in total. Lucky, the weather was glorious (and got a medal!)

Food has been a bit hit and miss, but I expected that with increasing walking distance. I still feel in control, but do need to keep an eye on my drinking.

I've hurt my ankle a bit, so may need to take it easy with classes this week. And have arranged to catch up with a friend Wednesday. Annoyingly, means I miss Pilates and Zumba. AND probably means pints. But it's all about moderation, and the scales are definitely still going the right direction

Finding it hard to keep my head in the game at the moment. Food choices haven't been brilliant, mainly because I've not felt well. But actually, when I look overall, it isn't bad. Small gain on the scales, but I expected that. Chest infection means I've had to cut down exercise classes, and it's also getting to silly time of the year when everyone wants me to be somewhere.

I really need to do a big shop, so I can better plan meals. Made a lovely leek and potato soup over the weekend. I've got some leeks left over, so I think I'll have those fried with tofu tonight.

I am going to go to dance, and just take it slowly. There's a second class on a Monday now as well, but I'm not as much of a fan of the instructor, and it means getting home very late.

I have to go up for rugby tomorrow, because we've got a committee meeting that I don't want to miss. Honestly, I'd happily just curl up under a duvet. Saturday was very much that, with me and OH under the weather. We went out for a mooch and Sunday lunch with some of his family yesterday, which was lovely, but left me exhausted.

Haven't posted much, but have still been podding! Weight is fairly static, but not unexpectedly. Need to get back into a better routine with gym and swimming. Rugby is finished for the season now: played some VERY COLD games on Friday evening!

2 out of three meals out done now, so that will help as well. Although having dinner with OH's parents tonight - I think we're having a curry. And we have a gig next week, and have been invited out for food then, Tis the time of year! I will just make sensible choices and listen to my full signal

Been a bit slack posting, as things have been super busy, with work and personally. Lots going on, so just trying to keep things together and not go off the rails with food! Considering how it would have been a comfort blanket in the past, I'm pretty pleased with myself. Weight also sticking around the same, but need to watch alcohol. I'm not quite in a f**c it, it's Christmas mood, but it is creeping in a bit!

As expected, small gain on the scales this week. Nothing I'm worried about. A lot has been out of my control food wise, and I've made good decisions when out. Must not buy cheese for the flat though! I'm the only one that eats it, so will just stick to cheddar (and perhaps a small selection for Christmas day...)

OH working today, so I got a load of workouts in. Now just tidying the flat, before I head out to meet him from work for the rugby. Hoping weather holds tomorrow, as would like to get out in the daylight for a bit!

I, too, find I must not have things that compel me in the house, or at least downstairs. Mr Aligal and have biscuits and chocolate in his room and I know I won't go and raid them there! It's not cheese for me - but sweet things. I am told long term carnivore may cure me of that compulsion.

I miss the tracker on the left under our names.

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and New Year? I thought I'd possibly enjoyed mine a little too much... but clothes fit and the scales say otherwise, so I will take that.

I was looking forward to going back to dance tonight, but a combination of another cough, and it being the instructor I don't like as much, means I will wait until Monday. That said, I'm off out for a paddle in the dark after work - hoping it might actually stop raining for a bit...

Desperate to get back to swimming and routine. OH has had odd hours (well, even more odd than pub hours normally are!) so I haven't got in as many home workouts as I would have liked to, either.

Cough still lingering - annoyed, as was meant to be meeting some of the walking rugby lot for a stroll. I don't think it's fair to subject them to it, so will be staying put. Frustrating, as it has finally stopped raining. I might go for a little pootle on my own, and if I feel up to it, some home workouts. It's a proper bone rattler of a cough, so everything just aches at the moment.

Plan is to meet OH when he finishes work at 6, but will play it by ear and see how I feel.

Weight wise - 2.5lbs off this morning. Probably a combination of stepping away from the cheese, and a lot more water than anything else, but I'll take it. I haven't been religiously keeping a log, but weight is around where I was pre-Christmas, so no major damage done.

Well done, Tranquility. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks Ali. Much better after 5 days of antibiotics (and three days off work basically just sleeping!) Food hasn't been brilliant, but looking forward to getting back into a routine with classes etc. Dance tomorrow morning, and already booked pilates and zumba for next week.

Flat smells amazing, as got a chana masala on the go! Thought OH might be home by now, but guess he's stayed for a drink after work. Ah well. I shall just open the wine for me!

Glad you are recovering. Hope you'll be able to get out and about next week.

Had a lovely walk on Sunday - but possibly overdid it with the squats in the home workouts: DOMS is very real in my legs. Was able to dance last night, which probably helped a lot.

Picked up some lovely rose jam from the Turkish shop near me. A real treat with yogurt, pear and chia seeds for breakfast.

I think I need to get back into better meal planning. I feel better if I know what I'm going to have, and it definitely helps in terms of budgeting. One of the problems of living so centrally, and not driving, is we quite often rely on just topping up in the small supermarkets. Which gets expensive! I probably need to do another big online shop, but that will have to wait until pay day at the end of next week.

Lovely walk and a swim on Tuesday evening. Made a kind of goulash soup, plenty of veg packed in, which will do a few meals. Air fried a salmon filet to go with it last night, which was delicious.

Zumba and pilates were great last night: although my legs did not love the sumo squats! Will go for a walk after work today, as an active rest day.

Back