Take 2! My New IF Journey

Well they said i'd get my results when i next saw the consultant but thats not for another 5 months. I asked if he would send for me sooner if something showed up and she just shrugged.... Arm still hurts for some reason!

1/2lb off this week. Was really hoping for 1lb given that last week was a STS but oh well. 8.5lb loss in 9 weeks. Here's a breakdown of calories for the week:

29/06/13 to 05/07/13

UD - 1907
UD - 2035
UD - 1638
UD - 1711
DD (18) - 708
UD - 2731
DD (19) - 401

Daily Average = 1580

Last edited:
1/2lb off this week. Was really hoping for 1lb given that last week was a STS but oh well. 8.5lb loss in 9 weeks. Here's a breakdown of calories for the week:

29/06/13 to 05/07/13

UD - 1907
UD - 2035
UD - 1638
UD - 1711
DD - 708
UD - 2731
DD - 401

Daily Average = 1580

Well done with the loss!

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead is one of my favourites. I've also seen Hungry For Change (can't remember if the next few mention juicing) Food, Inc. Forks Over Knives, Food Matters & a couple of Michael Mosley documentaries like The Truth About Exercise. I'm a documentary addict :p.

1/2 a lb is still a good loss, it all adds up!

Hope you get the results soon x

UD today after yesterdays DD. Started to have really annoying cravings and feeling hungry all the time! I'm really struggling with motivation to exercise at the moment... Just tooooo hot to do anything today.

Not a bad UD all things considered. Seemed too hot to eat but somehow i have managed to get just over 1800 calories down my neck. Opened my Fast 5 window an hour early and then completely forgot to end my window an hour earlier. So technically i've done a Fast 6 today. Oh well. I'm sure it won't make too much difference.

I got a new toy in the post today.. A Fitbit One. According to it i have done 11,487 steps today. Not bad considering i didn't think i'd done that much. It also reckons i've burned 1865 calories calories throughout the day. It also tracks sleep so i'm looking forward to seeing how it works tonight. Assuming of course i can get the thing out of its cradle to put in the wrist strap!

I have fitbit flex and I think they are really cool ! Had to change the setting for it so that it thinks I have I on my dominant arm.

Enjoy!

just ordered the fitbit one was debating between that and the flex :0D hurry up and arrive already !!!

just ordered the fitbit one was debating between that and the flex :0D hurry up and arrive already !!!

I'm really pleased with it so far. In fact i'm loving it :) but really need to make sure i don't get too obsessed with the step counter. A few years ago i became completely obsessed with achieving a certain number of steps. First it was 10,000 a day and then 15,000 and so on! I barely sat down!

Yes the flex is the one on the wrist

I debated between the flex and the one. Liked the idea of wearing it round my wrist but had heard that that step counter wasn't as accurate because it was adding steps everytime someone moved their arm???? Don't know if that's true or not but all things considered. Fitbit rules :)

When you first get it I checked it against a friends fitbit one, it was 400 steps on Ave over - but also read a review that advised changing it so that it thinks it on your dominant arm - which I've done and its more accurate now.

When you first get it I checked it against a friends fitbit one, it was 400 steps on Ave over - but also read a review that advised changing it so that it thinks it on your dominant arm - which I've done and its more accurate now.

Ah i see, when i must admit i think wearing it on your arm is much better. At the moment i have mine attached to my bra and i keep checking to make sure its still there as i'm paranoid about losing it but you do look really odd pulling your top down and looking down it every 5 mins! And if for any reason i can't actually see it i have to stuff my hand down there!!!!

Done 2 DD's already this week so had a sneaky WI today and was a little peed off to see i was a 1/4lb up since last Saturday. But i weighed in at a different time to what i would on a Saturday and i've been extremely bloated today. Not sure why??? So i will be fasting on Friday. I'm also going to try adding protein shakes instead of eating on my DD's in the hope it'll stop me thinking about food......

I've had a rather indullgent UD today. 2,188 calories today, mainly because i went out with my Mum. However my Fitbit estimates that i've burned 1,881 calories just walking around today so not too bad at all.

DD tomorrow and then weigh in on Sat :fingerscrossed:

Argh!!!!!! Despite doing 3 DD's this week i have have gained 1/4lb!!!! Now i don't actually count 1/4lbs so its a STS but really, really peed off! What do i have to do to make this weight shift!!!!!

Hope everyone else is doing ok?

Weekly Calorie Breakdown

06/07/13 to 12/07/13

UD - 2219
UD - 2473
DD (20th) - 455
UD - 1803
DD (21st) - 166
UD - 2187
DD (22nd) - 582

Daily Average = 1412

Wondering if your daily average is a bit high? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but unless my average is under 1200 I don't lose at all. In fact I usually gain. I know we're all different but it could be why you sts this time. Also you are very close to goal and it's always harder to shift.

Weekly Calorie Breakdown

06/07/13 to 12/07/13

UD - 2219
UD - 2473
DD (20th) - 455
UD - 1803
DD (21st) - 166
UD - 2187
DD (22nd) - 582

Daily Average = 1412

Wondering if your daily average is a bit high? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but unless my average is under 1200 I don't lose at all. In fact I usually gain. I know we're all different but it could be why you sts this time. Also you are very close to goal and it's always harder to shift.

Hmmm maybe your right? On Dr J's website it says to eat 1715 on an UD and granted most UD's i've been eating way more than that. Will have to try eating less and see what happens. Just a bit frustrating given that when i was doing a calorie controlled diet i would eat 1500 or less a day and would lose weight.

1,881 calories burned from walking is fantastic!

Yeah nothing like seeing what your normal activity can do for you. Looking forward to seeing what happens when i actually put some effort in!

I've had a bad couple of days. Feeling quite fed up and a bit bored so ate everything not nailed to the floor. Not holding out much hope for this weeks weigh in!

The important thing is to get back on track after a bad bout. Everybody slips up - just get back on the horse. :) Good luck!

Back