Taken the plunge

hollycat

To infinity and beyond!
Hi,
I have been lurking the exante boards for some time and have now taken the plunge and placed an order.
I expect my package to arrive on Tuesday for a Wednesday start, so just wanted some advice. Is there anything I should be doing to prepare for then?
Thanks

Hi Hollycat,
Welcome!! I've just finished my 3rd week and feel great :) you'll likely find the first few days easier if you low carb before your packs arrive as the withdrawal won't hit you all of a sudden. I got through the first week by having a small portion of scrambled eggs on a couple of evenings - I figured better that than feeling awful and giving up.
Let us know how you get on
X

Hi Hollycat
I didn't do anything particular diet-wise before I started (except have a huge carb-fest on my last night before starting!) but I did spend some time thinking about my motivation, writing down my goals, etc, etc, and cleared out some of my favourite snacks from the cupboard, filled fridge with coke zero, fizzy water, etc, so I'd have things on hand if I felt myself crumbling! These things definitely helped me get through the first few days!
Oh, I'd recommend buying some bouillion too so you've got something hot and salty to drink if you have a savory craving
Good luck!
LED x

Welcome, and good luck!

The first few days are the hardest. Then I just stopped feeling hungry at all!!

I just wish I had found this site and Exante earlier!

There is such a lot of support here, as everyone understands how hard it is.

Stay with it and it does work!

I have found that starting a diary here is very helpful. If temptation starts.....just spend some time reading through your own or other's diaries. The thread with the before and after photos is a great personal inspiration for me too!!

I started on Wednesday there and I didn't do very much. In the week running up to the diet I was eating some of my favourite foods as I've found in the past if I was craving something before the diet and didn't have it once I'd started then it would be all I could think about during the diet. So I got all my potential junk food cravings out of the way and been fine so far :)

The night before I started on Exante I went out and bought a pile of fizzy water, dr pepper zero, coke zero, sweetener and bouillon as well as a breath spray, distraction magazines, bubble bath and a big tub of body moisturiser. If you've not got one, a hand blender is handy too - much easier to clean than a normal blender. A shaker bottle might be worth investing in too. I got one from ebay.

I didn't really do anything, apart from making sure I had peppermint tea, green tea, canderel tablets, Dr Pepper and Coke and Water... and the 2 days before I started I had a feast of foods!!

I'm starting week 4 and it feels great to be in control of what goes in my mouth. Good luck!

Hi,
I have been lurking the exante boards for some time and have now taken the plunge and placed an order.
I expect my package to arrive on Tuesday for a Wednesday start, so just wanted some advice. Is there anything I should be doing to prepare for then?
Thanks

I think it really helps if you cut down the carbs and caffeine in the days leading up to starting. It helps too if you start getting used to drinking water too.
I didn't - drank a bottle of the red stuff and it took me a week to feel human - so good luck.
GSQ

Thanks

Thanks for all the helpful tips. I have had a big sort out of food cupboards and all treats have been distributed amongst teenage sons and I have a nice empty shelf to put shakes and bars on. I have ordered coke zero and BL and Measure Up bars on on-line Asda order.

I have also ordered one of the shaker beakers from e-bay as it will be handy for when I go back to work. I work in a secondary school so still have 3 weeks off, this is one of the main reasons I am starting now, as I am back from family holiday and feel will have 'settled in' to Exante by the time I return to work.

Feeling quite excited now :D

Last edited:
Good luck!!

Goood luck! I am starting today after a shaky start last week. I havent done anything in particular to prepare - got some coke zero in and thats about it really!!

Feeling quite excited now :D[/QUOTE said:
that is the attitute that means you will succeed ... the people that get excited and see the diet as a positive tend to do much better than the ones that start it feeling negative and feel as if they are depriving themselves . Stay postitive and you will do fab :)

Hello!
I have today ordered myself a months worth of exante which will be delivered tomorrow and starting wednesday too! :)
I am very excited to see the weight come off.
Ive seen a lot of people mention coke zero etc, are you allowed these on this plan, as ive done CD in the past and they said no. Would be so good if i could have coke zero- i love the stuff!

Kelly x

Thanks again for all the support and advice

Good luck Hollycat! Sounds like you're well prepared :) Its my first day today...feeling a mixture of nerves and excitement lol....

Goood luck! I am starting today after a shaky start last week.

Hello!
I have today ordered myself a months worth of exante which will be delivered tomorrow and starting wednesday too! :)
I am very excited to see the weight come off.

Kelly x

Good luck for your starts. Will be following everybody's progress with interest :)

i love how some people are like..... give carbs a miss the night before (which is good advice) and then some people are like... carb loading to fook. Made me laugh XD

lol - me too :D
must be horses for courses and whatever suits you - go for it x

i love how some people are like..... give carbs a miss the night before (which is good advice) and then some people are like... carb loading to fook. Made me laugh XD

Good luck with exante xx

I had all best intentions of eating low carb for 2 days prior to starting..then I thought well the hell!.... I had cheesey mash, with extra cheese, bread etc etc I ate cake til I was nearly sick lol! ;)

lol! I had bagels as part of my last lunch...a whole bag (it's only 4 lol) of NY bagels, original with a family pack of philly lol!

Ellie_G said:
The night before I started on Exante I went out and bought a pile of fizzy water, dr pepper zero, coke zero, sweetener and bouillon as well as a breath spray, distraction magazines, bubble bath and a big tub of body moisturiser.

I understood everything until the big tub of body moisturiser :p

Tell us about it ;-)

Back