Total Solution Taking it one day at a time

Hi there, I don't have any milk (I cut out caffeine just after starting the diet) but I think a lot of people have skimmed milk in their tea and it doesn't bring them out of ketosis but some people are more sensitive than others so I'm not certain. Unsweetened almond milk has zero carbs so shouldn't risk ketosis at all - I just googled it and it goes well in tea. Well done on getting to day two - you should go into ketosis soon and bang goes the hunger pangs. I was a bit worried when I started exante as I didn't think it would be as good as Cambridge (which I did years ago and strangely enough ultimately didn't work ou hence why I'm back here lol) but it has been great, much cheaper and more choice and definitely puts you in ketosis.

Good luck for day 3! and come back and let us know how you're getting on

Last edited:
Thank you :) I did lose 3 1/2 stone in 3 months with Lipotrim but that was 7 years ago and it's nearly all back on - boo hiss I blame stopping smoking (not the copious amounts of chocolate) for the gain!

Hi cake lady.
Wishing u luck on your journey.
I restarted yesterday as I have been struggling. For the first time I had a 3pkt day so I'm hoping to be able to do the same again. I must admit I had one coffee with one spoon of coffee mate in it.
Sorry I can't help u regarding the ketosis. Have a great day les x

Hi Cake Lady - well of course it was the stopping smoking - chocolate is good for you :) Congrats on stopping smoking - that is a tough nut to crack. If you can do that you can definitely do this - how are you getting on?

Hi Les - I read on the other thread you stuck to the three packs - well done!

Not much to say today. I stuck to the meals, took my vitamins and had a walk. I've decided to have a meal on Saturday - lowish carbs but will probably bring me out of ketosis but I think once a month will be ok, as long as I plan it. I did a lot of reading on the net about adding a meal and there's a lot of positives and a lot of people do it and keep going on the plan. Slightly nervous about it if I'm honest but if I have a gain or STS next Wednesday i'll know not to do THAT again lol.

Have an excellent Friday everyone!

Last edited:
I have one meal a week, usually have a pack around lunchtime and then a meal of meat or fish and salad. Generally stay in ketosis and calorie count not much difference. Have a lovely Saturday night.

Thanks guys, I'm on Day 4 now and it's all fine so far - the shakes don't fill you as much as the Lipotrim but they taste SO much better!

I did have a sneaky weigh this morning which was silly because my official weigh day is Tuesday but I've gone down by 5lbs already! I'm going to guess that that's just water retention etc etc? Xx

Wow that's fantastic. Well done . Have u got any of the slender sip that u have before meals ?

Yes u buy it from exante and make it with 200mls of water and drink it half an hour before u have your meal. It's rather nice x

Oh dear I spoke too soon :( after the high of losing a stone in 12 days I've now hit the 2 week slump where the scales haven't moved for 4 days! Is that a thing? A 2 week slump i mean? Does your body get used to it and retains EVERYTHING for a while? Xx

Sometimes it takes a while for your body to readjust to its new lighter self, so will hold onto your weight. Once that passes it should shift again. Also things like TOTM can make you hold onto weight, so you'd get a sudden loss once she's gone.

You have to trust the science and not the scales. Advice I am not good at taking myself. You will be burning fat that you have control of, what you do not have control of is water/ hormones etc.

Back