Total Solution Taking it one day at a time

Whimsical Daisy

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum, although I have been reading others post for inspiration. I have tried to lose weight for a while now (up and down for the last 10 years!) and I've been on another VLCD (Cambridge) before and I lost about 3.5 stone. So that got me down from 15 stone 7 to 12 stone exactly,

I was quite happy with that , went off and put on and lost the same couple of stone quite a few times.

I am on Day 6 of Exante and I have no social obligations that I have to eat for the forseeable future. Weigh in day for me is Wednesday and thats all for now I think, I'm finding it relatively easy , but I'm slightly worried I am motivated by fear and that might wear off so I am looking for more positive motivations to help me succeed. I plan to stick around for a while and I hope to keep this diary going with all the highs and lows.

Thanks for reading

Last edited:
Hi Freefall,

You're right, Ive had times on diets when I think "I really have this, I can see this working" and I have positive thoughts and really believe that this time is going to be different and then two days later I've fallen off the wagen (sometimes in spectacular style!).

I'm just trying to take the attitude that as long as I don't give up I will get somewhere. My experience on the Cambridge taught me one thing though, if you cheat you are more likely to cheat again. The longest I ever went on that diet (Sole Source) was 28 days, then it was about a fortnight, then about 10 days and then I was struggling just to get back into ketosis because it just erodes your motivation and any positive thinking feels like a distant memory. I don't even get it, I mean the diet isn't that hard, I don't feel hungry, obviously food does a lot more for me than ease hunger though.

Anyway, thats me started Day 7, whoopee, still waiting for the increase in energy although I do feel slightly better that I did before I started. I was still drinking Coke Zero for the first three days until I read that it might have citric acid so quit that on Saturday, Still have a bit of a headache due to caffeine withdrawal. I am only drinking water - Aiming for a litre with each meal and a bit more when I can, Still trying to get used to the volume of liquid lol. I plan my meals for 1pm, 5pm and 9pm, I'm used to not eating in the morning. The last two nights I forgot to have my evening meal and had it after 10pm.

Thanks

Last edited:
Cheating wise I am alright as long as it's not sugar, I think I might have problems with sugar levels in that once I start I just cannot stop. I am going to try the blood sugar diet for the last stone and then maintenance. Fingers crossed for the scales tomorrow. Citric acid does not seem to knock me out of ketosis, lucky as I like my diet drinks.

Oh , Thank you Les, and good luck to you for your next weigh in!

Hi Freefall, I actually remember drinking any Diet Juice going on the Cambridge and it didn't seem to knock me out of ketosis but I didn't want to risk it and I thought i'd give my teeth a bit of a break from the drinks (Usually drink a lot of Diet Pepsi every day). The blood sugar diet sounds interesting, I don't know what I'm going to do after exante - or even how long long I'm going to stay on exante. I'm going to take it one order at a time.

I did my weigh in , I'm at 16 stone exactly , so down 6.5 pounds, I'm really happy with that I was just looking for a number that showed the diet was working, I know I won't see that again.

I feel like i've been hit by a bus today, I have been struggling to get up the last few days - I think it might be caffeine withdrawal (seriously reconsidering my decision on that lol), but this is Day 8 on Exante and Day 5 off the caffeine. Hopefully soon I'll stop labelling the days as numbers instead of actual days of the week. Hope everyone has a great day!

Thanks les, I am pretty chuffed I must admit, it's good to get the ball rolling anyway. I've got a lot of weight to lose but I suppose I just have so much potential for feeling healthier than I do just now lol

Well done on the weight loss, coffee was a big problem with me especially as I reduced my cola intake by switching to flavoured water and 7up free at the same time reducing coffee. Black coffee I can stomach but not the same, I mix my coffee 50/50 with decaf and eventually decaf only as a treat, to take me off slowly. I do like the frappe/ mocha style shakes so add coffee to shakes that I think will handle it. I seem to have far too many bad addictions!

The 15s are just round the corner, a lb is a pound unless it's the lb that breaks a stones barrier.

Well Day 9 for me.

Today has been a good day, loads more energy (I'm not running any marathons but I wasn't wishing I could crawl back to bed every 5 minutes), the headaches have definitely eased as well. I didn't take any paracetamol at all. Only negative is I'm getting a bit bored with never eating anything so I've decided to do some extra housework to keep myself busy - just organise some drawers and cupboards, it's going okay.

Thanks Les - it's your weigh-in tomorrow isn't it? Good luck for that!

Hi Freefall - I only had a cup of tea in the morning and then diet pepsi through the day and I thought it would be a doddle to come off so I didn't think about easing off, I wish I had though cause that was a rough few days and I haven't been to the easiest person to live with either lol. So you have my sympathies, it's not easy but hopefully worth it.

Last edited:
Weigh in is Saturday. Not been too good today expecting a gain as I'm out Friday night with friends for dinner so not expecting any results. Not to worry it's a new week from Saturday so hopefully will b better for me. I always seen to find it hard when I get home from my hols. X

The first few weeks I seemed to spend most of my time in the bath to keep busy (stopping myself eating), house work would have been better. I go out at dinner time as i find it's the social part of the meal I miss.
Great on getting to day 9 and not needing a paracetamol!

You've just made me laugh spending your time in the bath to stop u eating. Well done. Have a great weekend looks like the weather is gonna b lovely. X

Hi Les - hope you are having a nice meal out with your friends. I'm jealous, I'm sitting watching Frasier reruns I tivoed this morning lol

Freefall - That's funny about the Baths because I was just starting to think about a Spa night (just at home long bath, hair mask,face mask) - I'll do that tomorrow I think. Does it get easier after the first few weeks?

Well day 10 almost over, stuck to the diet no problem really, still not hungry at all. Ketosis is kind of amazing really. I've had the same amount of calories in the last 10 days than i usually would in 3 or 4. Tired today, maybe i overdid it yesterday, not as motivated just want to go to bed but 8pm is a little early lol. Hopefully tomorrow is a bit better, i'm drinking a bit more water in case that's the problem. Have a nice night everyone!

Well on on day 10. It's sounds like u r doing amazing.
Great night out with friends but straight back on the straight and narrow today. Two pkts and an evening meal. Feeling so bloated so I'm starting today as day one.
It's a four pound gain not good so let's go for it
Apple and cinnamon porridge for breakfast. Fingers crossed x

Hi Les, four pounds is not so bad, you will probably have a good loss next week if you stick to it, so heres to onwards and upwards.

Well another day done, had a pretty good day actually. Only bad moment was when I found myself looking at Martha Stewarts recipe for french toast and wondering why the hell i've never made that - it looks amazing! The list of ingredients is crazy though so that's probably why. Need to order something other than bars and milkshakes next time, getting bored.

Hope tomorrow is good for everyone!

Last edited:
The weekends almost finished , I'm happy about that - I think Monday - Friday is so much easier than the weekend,

Got home, made dinner and then had a meal of spicy chicken on it's own - I hated it , it was awful - it was a meal I picked up yesterday - just breast of chicken marinaded with spices - 1.6 carbs, 310 calories. I had the chicken instead of a meal and only ate half of it so I'm actually down on calories and the carbs are negligible so shouldn't take me out of ketosis.

Drinking loads of water, going to have a long bath and then early night for me (hopefully anyway) I'm actually finding I need less sleep than i'm used to - normally i sleep at the drop of a hat and love afternoon naps. I usually sleep easily 8 or probably 9 hours a day - now I can't seem to get more than six. Maybe it's a thing in ketosis?

So that's day 12 and all I can think of is roll on Wednesday (I need to do something serious cause the highlight of my week is weigh-in day ! lol)

Last edited:
Only two day then it's weeks on exante and not days. It has to be the most boring diet ever, drink water and eat three packs and contemplate whether to have a extra piece of chicken or not. It's the hardest part for me. I need less sleep, for me I think it has something to do with ketosis but also my blood sugar levels and not having highs and lows.

Well another day done - I stuck to it fine today. I even struggled a bit to eat my meals (I'm eating my third meal just now and it's half eleven at night). Tried to drink more water than usual due to the weather but I struggled with that. Energy levels are up and down but that's a lot better than a fortnight ago (before I started the diet) - then they were just down, so i'll take it. Seem to be aching a bit less - just joint/back pain I get from being overweight. Really busy day tomorrow so should get to Wednesday without any hitches. Still haven't weighed myself - although I've been sorely tempted at times. Hope everyone is doing well!

Back