Taking the diet packs through Customs in USA help???

hmmm
another inconsistency cause i have taken them into australia (syd) several times
i declared them
they looked
and with their blessing off i went

OK so where should I get the final word on this?

I'm off to Australia for a wedding in about a month and want to stick to the diet mostly whilst there. It would be easiest to take bars and tetras (bars for the flight and tetras in suitcase).

I know Australian customs are renowned for being strict and don't want to bother lugging the tetras only to have them taken off me when I land and then go into mad panic :break_diet:

So should I phone Australia customs or phone CD head office or speak to CDC first? Actually think i'll start there and see how we get on.

YUM just imagining my flight with 4 bars instead of plane food! Woot very exciting 24 hours... will have to stop myself from eating them all at once ;)

CD stuff into Australia (and New Zealand)

Ok,,, here's what I would do
I was in Brisbane only a few weeks ago.

Put your tetra's into your suitcase - you will not be permitted to take them on the flight as they are liquid. If you want bars or sachets, that's fine to take on board. You will need to declare them ALL in Aus. They have very very strict guidelines on bringing in food into Aus (and NZ).
That said, it's prepackaged and they won't be interested but you still have to declare them. You will face a $200 fine if you DON'T declare them and they pick you out for a search!
They will also put sniffer dogs around your case, handluggage, you, so be up front and there will be no problem.

Have an amazing holiday

Mikki x

p.s. i took all my stuff, tetras, sachets, bars with me and declared the whole bang chute and they were not bothered in the least!

Last edited:
Back