Taking the plunge!

trying to work out a pattern of my weight gains and losses to see where i can start redressing the balance in the long term. at the mo its looking like my big ups are contributing to my scales weight not shifting as my down days are only giving me a 1lb loss every time. when i had 2 DDs together last week, i had a 1lb loss after each day, maybe i need to start having 2 DDs together after a big weekend to see a scales loss. alternatively, this coming wkend will not include any social events so really i can look to curb my calories and eat a reasonable amount unlike yesterdays intake! this way i could end up losing as i shouldnt really have such a big gain!

my patterns so far are:

Week 1

F - 9.4
S - 9.3
Su - 9.5
M - 9.4
Tu - 9.4
W - 9.3
Th - 9.3
F - 9.2

Week 2

F - 9.2
S - 9.4
Su - 9.5
M - 9.4
Tu - 9.4
W - 9.3
Th - 9.3
F - 9.2

Week 3

F - 9.2
S - 9.1
Su - 9.4

So far, the patterns have been identical on both weeks. it definitely seems to be that the weekend Ups are the contributing factor to my pattern and if i can stick to a DD today then i may lose 1lb by tmrw. On normal Up days when i dont have takeaway or excess treats i tend to stay the same the day after. if this is the case this week, then this week's pattern may look like this:

M - 9.3 (after DD)
T - 9.3 (after UD)
W - 9.2 (after DD)
Th - 9.2 (after UD)
F - 9.1 (after DD)

which should result in a 1lb loss! fingers crossed! x

It looks like ur right about the updays having an effect cx not sure what to suggest as its supposed to be the calorie swing that makes this work!!

Talking about towie just washing my Lauren's way tan off for the BBQ x

It looks like ur right about the updays having an effect cx not sure what to suggest as its supposed to be the calorie swing that makes this work!!

Talking about towie just washing my Lauren's way tan off for the BBQ x

to be honest hun because im so close to my goal weight of somewhere in the 8s, i think for me juddd is more a maintenance diet if i did want to be able to have free reign on my weekends. as i said with the patterns being as they are, if i start having a few weekends where i either do proper alternate day and not have 2 ups in a row or just curb my ups and have a normal allowance, i will prob be able to start losing on the scales, its just at the mo,ive had a few heavy weekends! will keep on with juddd for a while yet as this weekend was the last of my full-on pig outs so september should get me into the 8s if i switch things up. if not then it'll be atkins for a week i think then back to juddd and exercise for maintenance and toning!

are u looking forward to the bbq hun? bet it feels lovely to be able to have what u want! xx

Yeah this is where in coming from I only have max a stone to loose really xx I'd try the Atkins but it worries me eating at wont work and I'll ballon!!!! Very tempting tho big time x

Yeah this is where in coming from I only have max a stone to loose really xx I'd try the Atkins but it worries me eating at wont work and I'll ballon!!!! Very tempting tho big time x

eating at work is really difficult with it, the only way i can think of getting round it is either eat out (as i'll only do it for a week!) or eat things like ready cooked chicken thighs or cold low carb sausages! yuk! atkins is far easier if you can just do it at home because of having the cooker available, you are very limited in work but i think for a week, i may give it a go but not just yet! x

Hey thanks for that honey xxxx How are you this morning!! i had a mental last 48 hours really and just getting over it! On a DD today and starting proper alternate days this week to try and get a better loss otherwise I done know what im gonna do!!!

Hey thanks for that honey xxxx How are you this morning!! i had a mental last 48 hours really and just getting over it! On a DD today and starting proper alternate days this week to try and get a better loss otherwise I done know what im gonna do!!!

im on my 2nd DD again. i know we're not supposed to do 2 downs in a row but i had to have a down yesterday after the weekend and i need tomorrow to be an up because im out for lunch on friday so will be following proper alternate myself this week with wed, fri and sun up and today, thurs and sat down. really hoping for a loss this week, getting frustrated with the scales now but still feeling lighter in myself so thats good!

how was ur bbq hun?? xx

Sunday - Up

Weight: 9.4

sausage and chips 700
small slice of cheesecake 300
crisps 133

Monday - Down

Weight: 9.5

10 mikados 110
apple with sweetener 60
belvita biscuit 56

total: 226

have weighed this morning and am back at 9.2, god knows how! my downs normally just produce 1lb losses so im hoping that this week my whoosh has happened and will last the whole week by the time i officially weigh in! on another down today so if im at 9.1 tomorrow and can STS after tmrw's Up then i may actually be on course for a loss by friday! dont want to jinx anything so will just see how it goes but would be lovely to see the scales shifting finally! x

my bbq was mental and got woken up with buck fizz that ended up another little session so that wasnt a down day :(((

Wish i was feeling lighter !

my bbq was mental and got woken up with buck fizz that ended up another little session so that wasnt a down day :(((

Wish i was feeling lighter !

at least you enjoyed! i had a really full on eating day on saturday but weirdly im 3lbs lighter than i was at the weekend after just one DD. im hoping that my body is starting to change and adapt to juddd now, its the 3rd week so ive given it the initial 2 week change period, really hoping this little whoosh will last for the rest of the week and that i'll see a loss by this friday! x

oooo sounds good so fingers crossed babe im doing proper alternate now and two on thurs and fri as im at a party saturday xxx

Off to alton towers tomorrow woop woops xx

oooo sounds good so fingers crossed babe im doing proper alternate now and two on thurs and fri as im at a party saturday xxx

Off to alton towers tomorrow woop woops xx

ooo sounds fab! im doing proper alternate from now on too i think, got no social events coming up after this friday so dont actually need to ensure ive got 2 ups together or swap days round. im seeing my CDC for the last time tonight, got her some flowers and a card. i feel awkward saying bye as i only planned to do juddd for a few weeks to have a break and incorporate the food on the weekends but now i cant go back to CD unless i pile on the pounds again! x

Awwww how emotional :( i know what u mean tho - i dnt think theres any chance of me returning to cd any time soon -i couldnt keep to it i swear :( but i might need to at somepoint?! Feelin so heavy and gross right, totm has reared its ugly head!!!! Im 3lbs heavier than this morning and its a bloody DD!!!!!!!!!

Awwww how emotional :( i know what u mean tho - i dnt think theres any chance of me returning to cd any time soon -i couldnt keep to it i swear :( but i might need to at somepoint?! Feelin so heavy and gross right, totm has reared its ugly head!!!! Im 3lbs heavier than this morning and its a bloody DD!!!!!!!!!

yes it was really sad! she was really lovely though and i said how much happier i was on the diet but that id probably be coming back after my all-inclusive break in october for a week or 2 lol!!

im due on next week too hun i hate TOTM, mainly because i go mad for chocolate more than anything so i need to curb that otherwise i will be piling real lbs on not just water weight!! at least if you do gain this week, you'll know why and you'll have a bigger loss next week so try not to be too disheartened.

Have u tried taking water balance tablets? xx

Aha yes u may be seeing her again in october than ahaha!!!
Yes i had played around with water retention tabs so might take em again today!! 2nd DD and ill do this one properly!!!!!!!! X

Aha yes u may be seeing her again in october than ahaha!!!
Yes i had played around with water retention tabs so might take em again today!! 2nd DD and ill do this one properly!!!!!!!! X

ah right you're on another DD today are you? i might start doing 2 DDs every week, i know its not advised but ive lost another 1lb this morning by doing it and im not finding that difficult! plus, if i stay the same after today and lose 1lb tmrw i could well be at 9st dead on friday morn. dont want to jinx it though but if my losses follow the same pattern as other weeks then that should be the result. will be so happy if it happens! xx

Weight so far -Week 3

F - 9.2 (after DD)
S - 9.1 (after DD)
Su - 9.4 (after UD)
M - 9.5 (after UD)
Tu - 9.2 (after DD, how the hell??)
W - 9.1 (after DD)

Tuesday - Down Day
4 belvita biscuits 224
10 mikados 110
small slice of cheesecake 200

total: 534

went a bit over on the cals, naughty naughty but had a low down day on monday so will try that again tomorrow to see if it helps boost the loss. also having lots of chicken today as well so hoping the speedfood will boost losses too! :)

Seems like your body is settling into it now hun x

hope so hun! i just posted a thread on here about calorie average and during my first 2 weeks of juddd my calories were balancing out at 1800 per day, not good for losses! this week ive managed to balance back at around 1200-1300 per day so far so im on course for a loss judging by the scales at the mo, fingers crossed this'll happen by friday! xx

Back