Taking the plunge!

snap o well will read about it while im CD'ing xxxx

i'll help you as much as i can if you both decide to try atkins, basically the simple rules are20g of carbs per day, very strict with this as this produces the ketosis state. plenty of protein and fat, i.e. the fat must be from the protein source, not things like donuts, sweets etc as that contains carbs. anything meat or fish such as chicken, lamb, pork, fish, beef, eggs, butter is fine, burgers and sausages are ok but check carb content, some sausages have lower carbs than others, there is a sticky on the atkins site for this. burgers are ok just avoid the ones with onion as this is carbs too, try and get 100% beef. my typical menu would look like:

breakfast - low carb sausage, bacon and eggs
lunch - ham and cheese omelette
dinner - burgers or chicken with green veg/salad

veg is encouraged but not root veg such as potatoes, carrots, swede all very high in carbs. cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, all things like this are fine basically most things in the CD book that are listed because they have low carb content and keep you in ketosis.

hope this helps! xx

It does chick will be having a think otherwise everyone will think im a serial diet hopper loool !!

It does chick will be having a think otherwise everyone will think im a serial diet hopper loool !!

nothing wrong with that hun at least it keeps the variety going! i remember reading an article in a magazine once about a journalist who investigated all these different diets and she stuck at a difference one for a month at a time. over 4 months she lost almost 2 stone but she had to do a different diet every month. think she started with slimming world, then did slimsticks and dukan and ended up on weight watchers and it showed how much weight she lost every time. interestingly enough, she didnt gain after switching, so maybe changing diets every now and then will shock your body into shifting more weight than usual over a short period of time xx

this is a valid point and taken on board...............................along with the eggs and bacon loool!!

Just think that if i eat all that fat i will put on babe I really do worry about it x else id eat omelettes everyday x

this is a valid point and taken on board...............................along with the eggs and bacon loool!!

Just think that if i eat all that fat i will put on babe I really do worry about it x else id eat omelettes everyday x

it is scary when you think about what you're putting in your body but it honestly shifted 7lbs for me every time i did it. i always did a week, nothing more and i found my stomach always seemed flatter after it. the good thing is you eat fat to burn it, thats how it works so you shouldn't really just lose water, it should be burning your fat stores. give it a go and if you think its not for you then at least you've tried it! if u r really nervous about the fat intake, you can always try limiting it by dry frying things and having scrambled eggs instead of fried, plus you dont have to fry everything in butter - but you are allowed to on atkins, so dont feel guilty! xx

I did Atkins a few years ago. I did eat loads and managed to lose weight for 2 weeks, after that I think I shuffled the same 1lb around.... I think I lost over 7lb in the first 2 weeks though, despite changing from WW to Atkins.

Umm it does sound extremely good xxx think I'm going to have a go when I've finished these shakes! Dnt know if I should still go to the cd lady. Tomorrow or not!!

So what happens if u combine Atkins and cd!!!

I did Atkins a few years ago. I did eat loads and managed to lose weight for 2 weeks, after that I think I shuffled the same 1lb around.... I think I lost over 7lb in the first 2 weeks though, despite changing from WW to Atkins.

I did Atkins some years ago and lost a lot of weight BUT (and it's a big BUT) the minute you invite carbs back into your life, the weight comes back on (quickly and with a vengeance) ...... fact. Sorry!

P x

Oooo that's not good!!! God it's such a mind field with this sh*t. Xxxx

O well cd it is for now then JUDDD to follow x I do try eat low card tho xxx

P u always bust me with the vino!!!

Guys have s look at the willpower thread in cd section need advice???

I jist looked missie - ur friend seems like a total jelous, green eyed monster!!!! Y do u need friends like that??? Wait for her aplology coz u deserve one big time!!!

hey mumma! meal was lovely ta, had scampi! i failed at the shakes, really struggling to get back into that mindset but what i am doing is having 1000 cals a day until friday to see with a couple of 500 cal days thrown in to shift a couple of lbs and just see how that goes. i'm finding it easier as i can still eat food then rather than cutting it out completely! how are you doing hun? xx

Hey hun its hard to get back into it i know im hanging in tho just !!!

Back