Taking the plunge!

yes they are defo working especially the last one on the final circuit where it works ur love handles, i feel like my sides have been kicked by a mule already! hoping the results will show up in my inch loss soon! x

ive done around 3 days of level 2, i used to do the shred before i started CD but i literally did no exercise during my time on SS. i started on level 1 which i found hard but i wanted to just see what level 2 was like so i put in on the other day and am happier with the fact theres more leg based exercises so will push on with level 2 for a while now. have u tried level 3 at all? x

oooh can you have your diary moved? I would love to keep my Dukan diary going. hmmm do i get in touch with a mod for it to happen? cheers.

How u gettin on???
DD today which im almost lookin forward too!! Feel so sluggish after eating - and so,,,, heavy lol!!!
Have 'put on' 4lbs since cd weigh in last thursday! :(
I wana try not to weigh till thursday but i cant help myself! This is so hard!!!

How u gettin on???
DD today which im almost lookin forward too!! Feel so sluggish after eating - and so,,,, heavy lol!!!
Have 'put on' 4lbs since cd weigh in last thursday! :(
I wana try not to weigh till thursday but i cant help myself! This is so hard!!!

i set myself the focus of weighing every day to see what the change was but to be honest im just feeling gutted at the mo because my 2 up days resulted in a gain of 4lbs then 2lbs and my down days have only shifted 1lb each time so im disappointed right now! however, ive got to take into consideration the fact that this is the first week, plus my up days have been really up and not balanced at all! first one consisted of all day breakfast, chocolate, cheese and ham pasta bake and cheesecake, then up day on sat was terrible! had a meal and dessert before going out drinking all afternoon and evening then had mcdonalds, chicken nuggets meal and mcflurry to round the night off! today is an up but far more balanced - had weetabix for breakfast, will be having some crumpets for mor break, then have ham and cheese wholemeal sandwich with apple, fromage frais and crisps for lunch. not sure what to have to eat tonight, will see tonight but may be cod fillet with potatoes!

hopefully my weight will start to balance out but i have been exercising too so also hoping the NSV will be better than the scales too! dont want to measure just yet though, may save that until 1st week of september as my water retention may through my measurements out of kilter too! wish i could fast forward a month to see results, im just in panic mode at the moment because im worried that i'll keep gaining :( x

lumpyandbumpy said:
i set myself the focus of weighing every day to see what the change was but to be honest im just feeling gutted at the mo because my 2 up days resulted in a gain of 4lbs then 2lbs and my down days have only shifted 1lb each time so im disappointed right now! however, ive got to take into consideration the fact that this is the first week, plus my up days have been really up and not balanced at all! first one consisted of all day breakfast, chocolate, cheese and ham pasta bake and cheesecake, then up day on sat was terrible! had a meal and dessert before going out drinking all afternoon and evening then had mcdonalds, chicken nuggets meal and mcflurry to round the night off! today is an up but far more balanced - had weetabix for breakfast, will be having some crumpets for mor break, then have ham and cheese wholemeal sandwich with apple, fromage frais and crisps for lunch. not sure what to have to eat tonight, will see tonight but may be cod fillet with potatoes!

hopefully my weight will start to balance out but i have been exercising too so also hoping the NSV will be better than the scales too! dont want to measure just yet though, may save that until 1st week of september as my water retention may through my measurements out of kilter too! wish i could fast forward a month to see results, im just in panic mode at the moment because im worried that i'll keep gaining :( x

I'm exactly the same - two massive UDs followed by one DD before official weigh in and I sts :-( I know it shouldn't have but it's really upset me - sat and cried when I got home :-( I've decided to change my official weigh in day to Friday mornings so I weigh before my 2 UDs!! Let's hope it works :) xx

I'm exactly the same - two massive UDs followed by one DD before official weigh in and I sts :-( I know it shouldn't have but it's really upset me - sat and cried when I got home :-( I've decided to change my official weigh in day to Friday mornings so I weigh before my 2 UDs!! Let's hope it works :) xx

i feel like crying too! its not that i dont have faith in juddd its just im so used to losing weight that im panicking because i really dont know where to draw a line and i dont know when things will finally shift for me! at the mo, im gaining because my down days are not sorting me out like i thought they would, im gaining more on ups and its not being counterbalanced by the downs as they are only shifting 1lb. i know i have to be patient and give it at least a mont, especially for my measurements and judging by clothes not just scales but it is horrible to see the scales increasing all the time! grrrr!

lumpyandbumpy said:
i feel like crying too! its not that i dont have faith in juddd its just im so used to losing weight that im panicking because i really dont know where to draw a line and i dont know when things will finally shift for me! at the mo, im gaining because my down days are not sorting me out like i thought they would, im gaining more on ups and its not being counterbalanced by the downs as they are only shifting 1lb. i know i have to be patient and give it at least a mont, especially for my measurements and judging by clothes not just scales but it is horrible to see the scales increasing all the time! grrrr!

Oh Hun its rubbish isn't it :-( I'm taking a deep breath and hoping for a better week this week :) We must have faith in the diet - its working for other people do no reason why it won't work for us too :)

Xxxx

Oh Hun its rubbish isn't it :-( I'm taking a deep breath and hoping for a better week this week :) We must have faith in the diet - its working for other people do no reason why it won't work for us too :)

Xxxx

yes i totally agree, we must persevere! i always read bajoleth's posts if im feeling panicky as she has had good inch losses and looser clothes too. she always mentions the fact that shes heavier than she was this time last year but her clothes from then are too big so it just shows that the scales are not always our friends when it comes to losing weight. its losing fat we need to focus on and getting the shape we want through toning and eating via the juddd system, a balanced way of living a healthy lifestyle which allows us the treats we would normally crave on a more traditional method of dieting. im using this friday as my official weigh in day and ive got a meeting with my cambridge consultant next tues to get more shakes and be weighed with her so im hoping i show a loss just to be able to say 'its working'!! x

Putting my menu up so far from my days on Juddd for monitoring!

Day 1 - Up day

Start weight 9st

All day breakfast
3 slices of choc orange
handful of little rolos
cheese and bacon pasta bake
chips with melted cheese
cheesecake

Ave total = 2000-2200 cals

Day 2 - Down Day

Weight: 9st 4lbs

1 CD shake 137
WW ready meal 286
1 snacksize choc 75

Total: 498

Day 3 - Up Day

Weight: 9st 3lb

Weetabix with skimmed milk
Apple
Chicken goujons and chips (pub lunch)
white chocolate bombe (pub dessert!)
lots of vodka, cocktails and a bottle of cider!
McDs Chicken nugget large meal and Wispa mcflurry

Ave total = 1 billion cals

Day 4 - Down day

Weight: 9st 5lbs
1 CD shake 137
1 steamed veg bowl 43
1 portion of carrot and swede mash 120
butter 70
1 fudge (snacksize) 55

Total: 425 cals

todays weight was 9st 4lbs after yesterdays down day. will update todays menu tomorrow after deciding what to have for din dins tonight x

Keep focused and the most important thing to remember here is that you are being kind to your body by following this plan, what's the point in getting slim and knackering your body so you end up with all sorts, my friend developed kidney stones after Cambridge and gained all her weight back on within 4 months. She was soo poorly bless her, to me that's not a trade I want to carry out.

passionflower said:
Keep focused and the most important thing to remember here is that you are being kind to your body by following this plan, what's the point in getting slim and knackering your body so you end up with all sorts, my friend developed kidney stones after Cambridge and gained all her weight back on within 4 months. She was soo poorly bless her, to me that's not a trade I want to carry out.

That's a really good point - I too need to focus on the health benefits of this instead of the weight loss side of things xx

the side effects from vlcds can be awful. my hair is my pride and joy, always had long hair as far back as i remember and towards the end of CD, it started coming out in clumps, the carpet would literally be covered within a day in my house. luckily i have very thick hair so its not noticeable on my head as opposed to on the floor or in the brush but after coming off cd its calming down a bit now. i need to learn to be healthy with my choices which to be fair to CD im glad i deprived myself of food for so long because now i will eat all the things i was so fussy about before! i love brown bread, before i wouldnt have even touched it, i even look at the healthy options in pubs now such as healthy cuts of meat etc, whereas before i would have opted for full on carby stuff with extra cheese or cream! weird how your attitude towards food can change!

My hairs falling out too - got to about 3 months of no side effects but the last 3-4wks iv noticed huge clumps comin out!! Booooo!!
And yea its well weird i will happily eat brown rice, brown bread etc.... When i wudnt have tolerated it before!! Now im very anti white carbs!!
So cd has been good in some of my views toward food :)

littlemumma said:
My hairs falling out too - got to about 3 months of no side effects but the last 3-4wks iv noticed huge clumps comin out!! Booooo!!
And yea its well weird i will happily eat brown rice, brown bread etc.... When i wudnt have tolerated it before!! Now im very anti white carbs!!
So cd has been good in some of my views toward food :)

My hair started to fall out too and my skin was awful! 2 weeks on JUDDDD and my hairs much better and my skin looks great :) We must keep focussing on the NSV :-D

Hi hun, hope you dont mind me jumping in as im not doing juddd at the moment however have done it before and love the diet, will be going back to it shortly, dont be too down hearted hun, i know you're still 'dieting' but you've gone from have no food, to plenty of it on the up days, you're body is stabilising after adding food back into it, you've got to account for water etc going back into you're muscles, some people who add food straight away after a VLCD put on anything up to the same amount that they lost in their first week.

Look at it from this point of view, you've worked so hard, you've avoided everything you love for some time, to lose weight, which you have been succesful in doing, you are at a healthy BMI, and you're just starting to reintroduce food, which, you dont have to go through several weeks adding a bit of this and a bit of that.

Enjoy every second of it, you have lost so much, enjoy the up days, and the control of the down days and once you're body has had that adjustment to having food again, the numbers will go back down. Just take a bit of confidence in the fact that you havent put 7 + lbs on from adding food again and its only going to stabilise then result in some losses :)

enjoy you're cheesecake crisps and pasta because you can as long as its not every day, thats the whole point :)

Hi hun, hope you dont mind me jumping in as im not doing juddd at the moment however have done it before and love the diet, will be going back to it shortly, dont be too down hearted hun, i know you're still 'dieting' but you've gone from have no food, to plenty of it on the up days, you're body is stabilising after adding food back into it, you've got to account for water etc going back into you're muscles, some people who add food straight away after a VLCD put on anything up to the same amount that they lost in their first week.

Look at it from this point of view, you've worked so hard, you've avoided everything you love for some time, to lose weight, which you have been succesful in doing, you are at a healthy BMI, and you're just starting to reintroduce food, which, you dont have to go through several weeks adding a bit of this and a bit of that.

Enjoy every second of it, you have lost so much, enjoy the up days, and the control of the down days and once you're body has had that adjustment to having food again, the numbers will go back down. Just take a bit of confidence in the fact that you havent put 7 + lbs on from adding food again and its only going to stabilise then result in some losses :)

enjoy you're cheesecake crisps and pasta because you can as long as its not every day, thats the whole point :)

thank you for that, much needed! i had a normal up day yesterday as i balanced my food quite well, had healthy meals and some treats too, only had around 1600 cals too instead of the full 2000 and this morn ive stayed the same from yesterday so am pleased with that. today is a down day so hopefully will shift a little bit of weight by tomorrow to start showing losses after the initial gain! i think my problem was that not only have i come off CD completely onto food, but i went straight back into exercise with weights and my first 2 up days were pig out days so that doesnt really help lol! finding a balance now and am planning healthier lunches and dinners as we speak! x

Back