Hilariously bad porridge for breakfast I think.

BTW: has anyone managed to find some squash or similar with no carbohydrate, low cals and no citric? I’m going to track some down...

Dollop of crappy porridge for breakfast, but I knew what to expect. Late lunch shake. Another shake around 9. Same as it ever was...

In other news, I learnt some stuff. Waitrose Diet Cola in cans is malic not citric. This is extremely unusual - I’ve looked at a LOT of soft drinks and squashed in a lot of shops now. But, Badoit is now available in a citric and calorie free Menthe version.

Dollop of crappy porridge for breakfast, but I knew what to expect. Late lunch shake. Another shake around 9. Same as it ever was...

In other news, I learnt some stuff. Waitrose Diet Cola in cans is malic not citric. This is extremely unusual - I’ve looked at a LOT of soft drinks and squashed in a lot of shops now. But, Badoit is now available in a citric and calorie free Menthe version.
I had a look in tesco today. There seems to be citric acid and forms of in so many drinks. I opted for bottles of water while they have diet coke tomorrow. At least I can mix a shake while I'm out. I remember two years back exante sold shakes in bottles with space to add water. I wonder when those were phased out. Would be handy for days out or tetra packs. I'm a housing bars as they give me tummy ache.

Unless I’ve made it up in advance, I just put the magic dust in a shaker cup. I then just fill it up at a water cooler, shake and glug. Quite like the little shaker cup thingies. And there’s no bottle to throw away. I’m already a bit unhappy at the number of individual foil packs :/

I drink Lidl fruit flavoured sparkling water and it doesn’t cause me issues even though it has citric acid in it.........urine dipstick confirms very positive ketosis 😊

I find plain water a bit difficult to drink continuously, so need a bit of flavour! ☺️

I’ve also just ordered some Stur water flavouring to try

It’s not about ketosis stopping though is it. If you have no citric acid in your system, there is no Citric Acid Cycle, so assuming you are also avoiding carbohydrates, energy can only come from burning fat. If you introduce citric acid then while it is in your system you body will restart the Citric Acid Cycle until it is gone, but you won’t flip out of ketosis on a piss stick. It’s a big deal in elite bodybuilding etc because some feel that although you are staying in ketosis, you are effectively pressing pause on your fat loss with every can of pop.

Not that any of it matters in the great scheme of things!

I'm just going to take two bottles of water in my bag one to glug and one to shake up. I think If there was less choice they would probably make bigger pouches with people having one or two of a flavour they probably wouldn't sell many.

Oooo that’s interesting on the Citric acid! I’ve neber researched the biology but it makes complete sense! I’ve always avoided extra treats on VLCDs I just feel like I’d be prolonging the “torture” and doing myself out of a quicker loss. But I appreciate every human can choose their own journey :)

Little treats are undoubtedly useful for some people who have decided that otherwise they’ll just fall off the wagon in a bigger way. But, and it’s purely my own arrogant opinion, I feel that if you’re going to put yourself and your family through the massive inconvenience of a lengthy diet, then you may as well just get it done as efficiently as you can by sheer willpower and keeping your eye on the prize. I just think we are cheating ourselves otherwise, as well as perpetuating a cycle of self-disappointment and misplaced guilt. However, health is obviously paramount. As I say, I do realise that this is a rather arrogant outlook. I’d never ever think badly of someone ‘cheating’ because they are playing by their own rules so that isn’t really possible, but after reading hundreds of stories on here, it seems to be something that happens repeatedly and I just feel very sad for the person who had been doing so, so well.

Little treats are undoubtedly useful for some people who have decided that otherwise they’ll just fall off the wagon in a bigger way. But, and it’s purely my own arrogant opinion, I feel that if you’re going to put yourself and your family through the massive inconvenience of a lengthy diet, then you may as well just get it done as efficiently as you can by sheer willpower and keeping your eye on the prize. I just think we are cheating ourselves otherwise, as well as perpetuating a cycle of self-disappointment and misplaced guilt. However, health is obviously paramount. As I say, I do realise that this is a rather arrogant outlook. I’d never ever think badly of someone ‘cheating’ because they are playing by their own rules so that isn’t really possible, but after reading hundreds of stories on here, it seems to be something that happens repeatedly and I just feel very sad for the person who had been doing so, so well.

No I am exactly the same! It’s rare to find the same opinion I think. I try to be as mindful with others as possible but I’m finding all support groups flooded with cheats and it really gets to me. I trawl the pages hoping to find someone sitting with a glass of water like me for the third weekend running and not justifying drinking a bottle of wine in the meantime :/ I have 2 friends who told me they’re doing TS and added me on snap and both of them come off plan after every weigh in 😑 I just wish them well and try to plod on but I’m secretly envious of their weekend kebab and ale hahaha x

Choc Orange or Choc Mint for me tonight, and three more pints of water. Mind you, it’s the weekend, and there’s a cold Dr P Zero waiting for afters... haha!

I’ve got to the fairly nice stage now when I won’t have a problem cooking pancakes or taters tomorrow (although obviously, without consequence I could scoff the lot, probably). However I genuinely cant wait to get to my goal and shift onto a truly healthy diet. I want to have juice, eat fruit and yoghurt, make nice salads, scoff low-fat curries and risottos. I want to plan walks, get on my bike, and buy some fitting clothes. I actually want to be healthy and fit! But first I need to just get this done for another eight weeks or so, godamnit!

I’ve two savoury packs in reserve for those days I really need something but I’m a shakes and bar girl. I wish they had the berry muesli back. Have a great weekend

Ahh same. The dream to just have a healthy balanced relationship with food. Getting the weight off has always been easy for me it’s maintnance that kills me. Battling with my health this time though so I’m hoping that helps out things into perspective WHEN I reach healthy weight again (not If...) x

Banana shake. I’m sure I’ve probably gone off eggs benedict anyway...

All the cooking is now done, enjoyed and cleared. Knackered after early start and rushing about, but done my best for Mothering Sunday. Had Cherries Berries shake for my lunch. Feeling fairly weak now and everyone happy, so going to have a nap! Haha! Hope you all have great days.

Right. Although I’ve been v.good today - stayed 100%, drank loads of water, looked after everybody etc - I’m a bit poorly for no apparent reason. Headache, tired, and stomach issues all day.No idea why! I’ll have a vanilla shake later but will wait an hour or more first. Hope I haven’t picked up a bug, as I’ve a busy week ahead at work and no spare energy to fight a virus. Hey ho.

In other news, it’s a weigh day tomorrow. I reckon... ...3lbs? We’ll see.

Hope you’re feeling better. I felt rough for 24hrs starting on Thursday. Hopefully it’s a short lived thing for you too. Good luck for tomorrow. My WI too.

If I don’t stop going to the loo, I’ll be at goal my about 6am...

Back