Thanks all. Feeling lousy today. And way too much work still to do. Cannot wait until this is over and I can just enjoy feeling well and full of energy again. The weight loss is brilliant, but try and do any real exercise or put in some early mornings and late nights at work, and things go sideways pretty quickly, hydrated or not :/ Very negative today. I could do this forever as I have unlimited will-power when it’s important, but I want to feel strong again! Moan moan moan moan....

just signed up to say hi FullFathom, I came across your posts without knowing what MiniMins was, and just read them all. Fantastic effort by you this year, and love your writing. Wow! What a wild way to lose weight! I've been dieting using real food this year and lost about 25lb, and have been totally strict with what i'm doing too so admire your unwavering-ness! I don't know what the shakes are you're using but the flavours sound awful lol!! Definitely not something i'll be trying but fun to hear about.
Looking forward to following you til May or whenever you're done. Great stuff. Soldier on!

Real food. Good plan!

I’m still plodding on, no cheating, long hours, lots of whinging on the forum... :)

But there are two positives to cling on to today:
- Thanks to this here thread, I’ve been trying out different ‘feeding times’ and have discovered what really suits me. I stick to tea, coffee and four pints of water until ‘lunch’, then go for a walk. After that, I have a shake around 2pm. I then go back to water and tea until about 9pm then have another shake. This gives me one more shake (or bar but I don’t have any right now) in the witching hours before bed. Works a treat.

- The other thing is simple. I have a few days off soon. Thank fate for that!

So far today, by the way, I had strawberry. It was one of my first batch of ordinary sounding flavours that Exante was shifting as a starter deal a few months ago. It still had the dot-matrix printing on the pack :)

New shake selection today. I had Lemon Cheesecake at around 3pm. Already had my three litres of water for the day, but will have another litre or so over the evening. That means it’s half eight, and I still have two packs ‘in hand’. Marvellous! I could have pizza or spaghetti or something, then a bar too, but I’ll probably just have a couple of shakes to be honest. I feel lighter and brighter on shakes, whereas the meals (the better ones anyway) tend to make me full at the time, but then a tad sluggage the next day. Apart from the muesli. I like the muesli. But I drink that in a mixer bottle, just like a shake with a few bits in it. Anyway, happy Wednesdays all. One more day to go before a bit of a break...

Happy Good Fridays, my fellow diet folk!

No work. Ha! I’m so happy I don’t know quite what to do with myself. It’s not that I hate my job, it’s just the combination of dieting solidly and not having a day off this year until last week has been quite a slog. Just desperate to waste some time doing something unproductive and selfish - woo!

Its drizzly and grey here. But I got some bars this week, and I don’t care what wet weather gear I need to wear, I’m going to have a big walk with a grin on my face and that’s that :) If nobody is making me stay inside, it ain’t happening. Outdoors is where it’s at - fresh air and incidental calorie crunching - perfect.

Had a three shake day again yesterday, with one of those a granola pack. Just two pints of water and two black coffees today so far. I won’t have a pack unless I need a bar when out and about, and will keep at least two for this evening. It means keeping busy in the day, but is much better for a smug evening in front of the telly when there’s no need to get up early.

Haven’t quite come to the terms with fact I’m on holiday yet. Better have another coffee and think about it a bit more. Hahahaha. Nice smells of buttery toasted hot cross buns coming from the kitchen. It’s not happening.

with you on loving the long weekend, and getting OUT. No buns/chocolate for me either, but no big loss tbh. Slightly different weather here (Sydney, Aus) at close to 30C all weekend, but good excuse for you to bunker down and relax. Enjoy.

Lots of family visiting. Shifting my packs, especially the first one, later and later in the day! The Easter chocolate doesn’t bother me - I think Exante has cured me of wanting to scoff chocolate, sweets and cake and crap. I just see it as children’s food, to be honest. But a curry, Chinese or a roast wouldn’t be a problem :)

you're doing it tough. on the other hand don't even think about what other food there is.. Not choices for you. It's April tomorrow, you've committed til mid-May :) ? Time will pass, suck it up another few weeks, then you've got the rest of your life to decide what 'normal' will be :)

Like you, I’m no longer interested in chocolate or sweet stuff..........but the pizza demon comes to visit once in a while, and currently I’m craving vegetables 🥦🥒🍆

Enjoy your day with family 😊

I’m allright with it. I’m not stopping ‘til it’s done, no concerns about that whatsoever. I actually think I will find it mentally hard to let myself stop when it is time.

Food week next week is problematic enough for me to compute. But I will definitely have some eggs, and some salad stuff, and enjoy it. I won’t be having any long awaited treats though. I can honestly say that the stuff I want now is fairly modest. Some booze, and a few carby things I guess!

Stuffs I will think to be as outrageous as eating a giant chocolate cake when eventually down to target, but am really looking forward to in moderation anyway, include:
- Baked beans on toast
- Vegetable Dhansak
- Bread & butter!
- Fruit, desperately
- Juice!
- Proper muesli with semi skimmed!
- Unlimited veg, especially corn on the cob
- Stir fry noodles
- Rice dishes
- Pasta (not carbonara!)
- Gin & tonic
- Tonic & gin
- A pretty ordinary sandwich :)

But I’ll probably still have one shake most days, and the very first treat I’m going to have, is to bake a loaf of bread. Make some hummous. Then sit and stare at it.

No packs yet today. And I’ve been delivering chocolate most of the day too. Going to have first pack now.

I have however, bought a big bottle of Dr P Z, and even drove to a Waitrose specially to get a six-pack of non-citric diet cola.

Livin’ the dream man, livin’ the dream.

In that case, as long as I don’t die on the toilet eating a burger, I count it as VICTORY

love your attitude too!!
I've not had bread or pasta or rice or noodles or potatoes/chips (or sweet stuff etc) either this year, but can't say i'm missing them either. Had heaps of veg though. Can't imagine substituting meals with shakes actually, but that's what makes such interesting reading!! It obviously works for lots of people. Great work. I'll duck out now and stop sabotaging your blog! Great work.

Ahh I hear you FF. When I did this Christmas before last I really struggled mentally to come off plan! Everything was soooo bad but I guess it was my timing (Christmas Eve!). I have similar cravings to you. Mmm beans on toast haha. One can dream! Keep it up! X

Back