Tales of a Synner - time to track and take action!

You will be in it sooner than you think...xx

Hope so. x

Went for an hours leisurely swim this afternoon, a sauna and 30 mins on the vibroplate - not sure if it helps lose weight but sure it must be good for circulation and I know when I used one after having DD2 it definitely helped to break up cellulite on my thighs - they ended up not much smaller but definitely smoother!
I was starving when I came home - had a salad with 1tbsp v low fat dressing, 2 rashers, 1 spoon low low cheese (fat dutifully given to dog) and 2 massive potatoes as I had a real carb hunger. 2 1/2 syn for dressing and low low.
Just about to have a cup of tea and a 0% fat toffee yoghurt and a banana as I want something sweet. 2 syns for milk as not sure if I've gone over today with HEA.
So I'm logging that as a good day :) and my lovely friend turned up with a pineapple and pineapple corer and slicer for me - so fresh pineapple for breakfast without all the mess. Happy Days.

Lazy day all in all. Half hour walk around town with dog and half an hour on vibroplate is all the exercise I got. Spent most of day doing jigsaws and colouring with my youngest and then homework and a project with DD1. Caught up with some friends online - one has lost a stone in the last month and it's really transformed his outlook, he's also been looking at NLP as well, so that made me go looking for some NLP books and I have an offer on some being sold in Galway. The other is trying to get her head into the right place as she's doing the 3lb off 3lb on thing constantly but we'll get her there yet, until someone is really ready to make the change it doesn't matter what you tell them, they wont do it.
I'd like to learn more about NLP and life coaching and perhaps do a course - there's one next March in Dublin but it's €1500 for the week, which is a bit out of my league but hoping I can sell some stuff on Etsy perhaps, do a couple of craft classes or even sell some of craft stuff to help towards it. Having something to get my teeth into would be good, I am always seeking new ideas or things (hence a craft room packed with everything imaginable) - still looking for the one that "sticks" and I can actually work at full time - with passion!
I also want to get my sewing machine out, haven't used one in 15 years or more - but have trousers need taking up and jackets that need darts in and I bought some bras in Penneys - the cups are ok but the straps are too long, thought I'd chop them off and sew them up again. (Never been able to buy a cheap bra before ever - they always cost more than the top that covered them, I think it's great!). Hoping I can find someone locally to show me how to set the machine up and fill the bobbins, tension etc as I haven't the patience to read a manual ....
So food today -
Porridge with 1 tbsp raisins and 1/2 tbsp maple syrup 4 syns HEB and 1/2 HEA as made with mostly water and a bit of milk.
Lunch - Veg soup
Snacks - gone mad on plums today - had at least 4
Dinner - Boiled bacon with cabbage and leeks plus a portion baked beans.
Naughty things - 2 bites of kids chicken goujons and a slice of garlic bread - 9 syns.
Tea - with 1/2 HEA (2 cups)

Feel really bloated today but have a feeling it's PMT or maybe I was just a greedy piglet with the bacon ....
Plan for tomorrow - aqua class or 10km walk in morning - afternoon I really want to sort kids room out, there drawers and clothes are in a state & games cupboard is in a heap. Then after they go to bed it's time to start on my craft room (aka the computer, packing, plotter, mug making, sewing, crammed to the gunwhales heap).

Could be the plums too with the bloated feeling... Try some Peppermint tea, or if you are convinced its hormonal, try green tea three times a day until * happens...
It took me ages to find a craft that made me want to keep at it... I think the bathbomb/soap thing took root because it saves me money as I used to spend a lot at Lush... Plus working with the oils helped calm me when I was upset or edgy... I hope you can make some cash on etsy to do your course, give me a heads up and I will check your shop out... xx

Life is great!
OH had an unexpected run to Kerry yesterday and came over after that - so got to spend some unexpected time together. We've also had news from the solicitor about the deeds for the house we're buying & looks like things might finally me moving along - just need to check there was planning given for the extension before we pay the deposit but the estate agent has taken it off the market, so no one else will be viewing it.
It's exciting but scary - the whole having to tell respective exes and kids, no idea how that is all going to go - as long as we keep remembering it will be worth it in the end we'll get through it. Then the builders will be moving in - it's a small house but we're hoping to convert attic and garage - storage is the big need but it all depends on how far our cash will go.
Done ok foodwise - had about half a dozen cheese crackers last night but they're only a syn each and 2 butter toffees ....

Exciting times ahead then... Moving... The thing we do most and the thing i dread... Fingers and toes crossed for you...xx

Exciting times ahead then... Moving... The thing we do most and the thing i dread... Fingers and toes crossed for you...xx
Spent most of my life since I was 16 always moving on. But I settled here 10 years ago (never meant it to happen - just did), but there's nothing really to keep me here - this was home for my ex - not me. I know he's going to be resentful about it but relocating to pretty much the centre of Ireland and part of the reason was that it would be about a 90 minute drive from here, rather than moving to nearer Dublin, so that I can bring the kids here every other weekend or meet in the middle.
It's getting scary now, but in a good way mostly - we had found a big 5 bed bungalow, ready to move in to & mortgage approval - until it came to the "small print" which said there could not be outgoings of more than 1000 euro a month. OH pays maintenance and health insurance for 3 kids which comes to more than that - so now it's a 3 bed renovation with attic conversion eventually that we're scraping together to pay for (loan for renovations). But at least when we shut the front door it really will be our front door & not with a large mortgage attached.

Sounds wonderful babe...
I hope all goes well and I look forward to hearing how it goes... I miss the security of our own home and I do sometimes wonder where we will end up... But as my Dad used to say thems the breaks, and you made you're bed, lie in it... It's sounds like you deserve this new start... Wishing you the best...xx

Thanks for the lovely words Chelle. Like they say - what's for you wont pass you and I'm sure as master of your own destiny you'll come to see it's not the where but the with whom & how that really matters. Your kindness and fortitude shines from your diary and I'm sure the universe wont let it pass unheeded.

Happy Dancing in zombie shoes as I now weigh 12 stone 10 lb - with a week to spare before my challenge deadline. Chuffed - was really not expecting it.
Although I am dancing a little bandy legged as I tried half an hour of kettlebells yesterday - and oh boy, today muscles I didn't know I had are aching. I thought with all the swimming my legs and arms were given a pretty good workout .... appears not. So going to try them again tomorrow - just half an hour 3 times a week as I don't want a hernia :D. Aqua aerobics this morning and 45 mins swimming lengths and a sauna. Nice way to spend the morning, then bought a tunic thing in the sale for 10 euro (sold 3 pairs of size 22 trousers on adverts for €15 so it was sort of free).
Food - didn't eat much in the morning - banana and a cup of tea. Late Lunch of homemade vegetable soup, slice of wholemeal bread topped with chicken, lettuce, onion and tomato. Supper of chicken salad with another slice of wholemeal bread and a low low cheese triangle. Followed by pineapple, melon and blueberries.
Syns - 3 vodka and slimline tonic - 12 syns.

Have fruit salad ready for breakfast in the morning with some ff yoghurt & enough soup leftover for lunch with wholemeal bread. Treated myself to a 28 day matured striploin steak for dinner which I'll have with fried onions, grilled tomatoes and butternut squash. Yum. Cooking Halloween cakes with the kids tomorrow so syns will be licking the spoon and a cupcake!
I'll be laughing if the day ends up that good ....

Just thought to come and look around your diary. You have done amazingly well and losing nearly 4 stone since April is amazing. Also you do lots of exercise - I am very lazy and walk 2-3 miles a day or do exercise bike (on slack setting).

I love self-improvement books and believe in power of positivity. The best book I have ever read is by Francise schovel-shinn. It has helped me a lot.

Thanks for the lovely words Chelle. Like they say - what's for you wont pass you and I'm sure as master of your own destiny you'll come to see it's not the where but the with whom & how that really matters. Your kindness and fortitude shines from your diary and I'm sure the universe wont let it pass unheeded.

Aww... That made me go all teary dearie! what a lovely thing to say... You're very nice yourself love! xx Mwah... xx

ya soppy mare. have a good one x

Pretty great Sunday in a totally non sort of way.
Up super early as DD1 decided to rise before 8am for the first time since school started (how coincidental it's holidays) and with the clock back it meant I was tucking into some rather delicious porridge with linseed, cranberries and maple syrup (just a tsp of each) - a worthwhile syn spend I think - 4 syns and HEB, although have started making my porridge with just water and think it is fine. Then because it was Sunday I also had 1 1/2 back bacon rashers - gave the dog one half and a sausage so she didn't miss out. Although the hound from hell far from deserved it - she tortured me yesterday by eating my printer cable (was sorry was not a cable with 240v through it), she amputated Ken's feet at the ankles and when I went to look for my vibrobelt she had been on the dresser, pulled it down and eaten the bloody small gel pads again. They cost too much to be dog food. Then farmer came to say she is hopping over the wall and tormenting his cattle..... so had to spend €25 buying chain and clips to keep her secure. Much howling, barking and yowling from hell hound until I let her in ....
So anyhow - did 20 mins of torture chamber, I mean kettlebells with Guy and 20 mins vibroplate. Weather was awful so had a lovely steak with root veg mash for my Sunday lunch and no walk but I did go and do an hours swimming this afternoon and a sauna. Home to huge bowl of pumpkin soup with a piece of leftover bacon snipped into it and a slice of better for you wholemeal as my second HEB - making it a red day I guess. HEA - milk for tea and not used the other one.
Feeling rather good about life. Only flaw - tried on jacket am wearing at the weekend and it's TOO BIG! A good problem but a problem none the less ... as it's one of those days were I'd like to look as pretty damn good as possible. Might try the alterations woman and see if she can put darts in the front or something.
Hope you've all enjoyed your Sunday.

Really weird. I just craved bananas. I eat them rarely - never have done but rather than a chocolate, a biscuit, toast etc my body really wanted a banana .... changes are afoot.
Friday, I had 2 vodkas although had synned 3 (would have been suprised to stop at 5) and went to watch tv with a cup of tea instead ....

largerthanmost said:
Really weird. I just craved bananas. I eat them rarely - never have done but rather than a chocolate, a biscuit, toast etc my body really wanted a banana .... changes are afoot.
Friday, I had 2 vodkas although had synned 3 (would have been suprised to stop at 5) and went to watch tv with a cup of tea instead ....

That's a good sign... Your body is getting the message, which is good... I gave up counting the vodka on Friday, but its not often my Bro can get to see us, so I thought blow it, I can be good after he goes home... Now he has I can pull it back...xx

Having a couple of days "off" but not because I'm losing heart or want to binge - I just want some normal days. So yesterday - had one homemade pancake (one third of a mix using one egg, flour and milk) and one homemade iced cupcake. At lunch, I shared a basket of chips with my kids but just had a few, had no desire to stuff myself with them. Dinner - carrot, parsnip and butternut squash chips made in the actifry - which my OH is letting me take home :D (he's skinny enough not to need skinny chips!) and an organic chicken breast grilled with Italian herbs and garlic butter (1tsp). Loads of tea and a sneaky slurp of OH's vodka but it was just one.
Pleased with myself, as had no real want to go mad - I think my brain is finally getting the message.
Done 20 mins of kettlebells this morning and having a late turkey, mushroom and tomato brunch and there's a big roast lamb dinner tonight - just need to go out and get some Rosemary.
Got a bit of a cold and really sinusey - sneezing and wheezing constantly and I've broken out in a cluster of cold sores - which I think are attempting to meet my nose! Bah. Hope they've healed by the weekend.
Spending the day with the kids - so it's the park with a picnic - sarnies in the cold - kill the germs & then maybe the cinema.
Have a great day all. x

Hello Mrs... Up to my eyes in Halloween prep... Hope you are ok... Will catch up after the Oogie Boogie Man has been...xx

Back