Tales of a Synner - time to track and take action!

Hi
I have just read your diary, great inspiration, tomorrow I'm trying magic porridge
thank you
Bron
Thanks but had a sts this week.... first one in months and so determined to knuckle down this week. I bought organic porridge this time, it's a bit more expensive than the regular stuff but cheaper than cereal. I much prefer the texture and there's a nutty taste to it.
Breakfast - slice of wholemeal bread, 1 tsp jam and a banana. Glass water and a cup of tea. HEB
HEA - milk in tea.
Glass of water.
Lunch - Pumpkin and sweet potato soup - glass of water.
Melon and tangerines.
Dinner - chicken curry with homemade sauce. I've adapted the cauliflower curry sauce and added some pumpkin (determined to use it up!), half a tin of tomatoes, 2 stock cubes and some hot curry powder - blend to make a superfree sauce (and the kids will eat it!) - Going to add saute chicken, broccoli, peppers and peas. Serving with SW wedges. 2 glass water.
Cooking curry now and it smells gorgeous.

Ooo... Can you send me the cauliflower curry sauce recipe... Kev could use a different sauce recipe...( note I said Kev, I can but don't cook! Lol)
Sts isn't a negative thing, it can give you the kick you need to do better, but at least it isn't a gain... We are in this for the long haul and we can't lose every week... Sometimes the body has to catch up... Hugs...xx

Ooo... Can you send me the cauliflower curry sauce recipe... Kev could use a different sauce recipe...( note I said Kev, I can but don't cook! Lol)
Sts isn't a negative thing, it can give you the kick you need to do better, but at least it isn't a gain... We are in this for the long haul and we can't lose every week... Sometimes the body has to catch up... Hugs...xx
Am not that disappointed with sts - was lacksidasical with my superfree last week, veered more to free than superfree. And I think cos have had a few weeks of good losses was just expecting the same, teach me to get smart!
Anyhows - cauliflower curry - from a thread here http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/256137-creamy-curry-superfree.html - I've done it with tesco basic curry powder and it was very yellow and tasted a bit too much of curry leaves, with some thai curry paste and a touch of coconut milk - nice and mild - kids liked that one. And today used hot Sharwood's curry powder, 1/2 tin of toms and some of the everlasting pumpkin! I was going to try it with tikka powder and some fat free yogurt & lemon juice.
I use frozen cauli as it's cheaper and fresh cauli to "make" cauliflower rice. (Funny thing is none of it tastes like boiled cauliflower).
I love finding recipes the kids will eat as well - DD2 has just had pumpkin soup & a banana for lunch - so I can't really complain about them. (Chilli is still a no go)
Have a good day. x

Really enjoyed the read. Keep it up. You will need to change the largerthanmost though as I bet you look great now.xx

largerthanmost said:
Ooooo - look at that hot profile pic. And no flat hair ;)

Wow, yes! Looking gorgeous RawrGirl! Much better profile pic.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Rather yummy and there's loads of variations you can try. I've decided to throw a spanner into the works and I am going to start this next week
Whole9 | Let us change your life. | Category Archive | Whole30

Got 3 days to organise, plan, shop and start - no messing. It all falls within SW anyway between eating fats and nuts for HEX and some for syns. I just feel I need a good detox.
Failure is not an option!

Rather yummy and there's loads of variations you can try. I've decided to throw a spanner into the works and I am going to start this next week

Got 3 days to organise, plan, shop and start - no messing. It all falls within SW anyway between eating fats and nuts for HEX and some for syns. I just feel I need a good detox.

Wow! Don't know if I could do that! Good luck! Will be dying to hear how you get on. Perfect for the run up to Xmas. X

largerthanmost said:

Ooo... Best of luck and keep me posted on how you do... It sounds interesting! Will have a look online at it when I get the laptop...xx

So in light of my whole 30 decision I thought I'd have an off plan day & have whatever I fancied. Breakfast was SW friendly - 3 bacon medallions, 3 flat mushrooms, 2 toms and beans, had half a bag of hula hoops but my heart wasn't in them but did have cup of tea and a 2 finger kit kat which was yum (could have eaten another one easily) - had 6 macademia halves and 6 dried cranberries and oh nom, nom. Dinner - 2 large slices cajun chicken, half an onion, 2 salad potatoes cut and done in actifry, big serve of brussel sprouts & some spinach, 2 straight vodkas with lemon juice to finish bottle & some of DD's popcorn. Got out beer and crisps - I love lager and bitter mixed together - put them away and kettle is now on. Had more nuts and cranberries. Can't even have a proper food blow out any more!
Not sure I can do the whole 30 to the letter - simply due to sourcing and cost of totally sulphite and sugar free meats here (in particular pork & chicken) but going to give it my best fist.

largerthanmost said:
So in light of my whole 30 decision I thought I'd have an off plan day & have whatever I fancied. Breakfast was SW friendly - 3 bacon medallions, 3 flat mushrooms, 2 toms and beans, had half a bag of hula hoops but my heart wasn't in them but did have cup of tea and a 2 finger kit kat which was yum (could have eaten another one easily) - had 6 macademia halves and 6 dried cranberries and oh nom, nom. Dinner - 2 large slices cajun chicken, half an onion, 2 salad potatoes cut and done in actifry, big serve of brussel sprouts & some spinach, 2 straight vodkas with lemon juice to finish bottle & some of DD's popcorn. Got out beer and crisps - I love lager and bitter mixed together - put them away and kettle is now on. Had more nuts and cranberries. Can't even have a proper food blow out any more!
Not sure I can do the whole 30 to the letter - simply due to sourcing and cost of totally sulphite and sugar free meats here (in particular pork & chicken) but going to give it my best fist.

It sounds fascinating... Never heard of it before until I read your post... Well done you on going for it I shall read your progress with interest... Good luck babe...xx

Thanks - I am going to have to tweak it slightly - with the ham but bought 100% turkey and 100% beef mince today, some organic chicken fillets and turkey fillets. This should be more than enough meat for the week & most of it was half price as BB date is tomorrow but I'll be using the chicken fillets and have frozen the rest. I also got cabbage, asparagus, sweet potatoes and mange tout. So I am ready. And why hold off - so going to start tomorrow.
Food today - banana and a homemade pancake (5 syn) Lunch - 3 slices ham, baby toms and small handful of cashews (HEB) Dinner - Veg Soup and ginger tea.

Tomorrow my outline plan looks like - Ham, tomatoes and mushrooms with cinnamom tea.
Lunch - Veg Soup, 25g macademia and cranberries
Dinner - Chicken fillet with cabbage, asparagus and sweet potato (chicken & sweet potato cooked in coconut oil)
Kettlebells - post workout snack - not sure.

Inbetween - no snacks - lots of water. I've been really bad with water lately.

I have to learn how to make a compliant beef stock - I guess it's going to be a homemade bone broth. Going to make a big pot and freeze in portions. Other than that I have 100% tomato puree and no sugar added toms - other than that I think fresh herbs, lemon, garlic and ginger will feature a lot.
Last thing is ghee - it's 11.95 for a jar, but butter isn't too expensive so might have a go at making my own.

Looking forward to simplifying my food - and hopefully breaking old habits, which is a big motivation. Have started a thread in the primal forum as well to keep a diary http://www.minimins.com/paleo-primal-diaries/300060-whole30-first-ever-attempt.html
Had some "me" time today - shopping, picked up a few bits for Xmas stockings, walked dog, went for a swim and sauna. Dinner and on here for a catch up. Happy Days.

Made some ghee with half a pound of unsalted butter - has the most amazing nutty, buttery smell and it's made probably a little more than half the start weight in ghee, so far cheaper than the shop bought stuff.
Just had hot water and lemon first thing and walked the dog. Came home and threw half a punnet of mushrooms and a tsp of ghee in the actifry for 4 mins, added 2 slices chopped ham, 2 spring onions, a bit of chopped garlic and a big handful of spinach - cooked for another 2/3 mins. Threw on a plate with a big sliced tomato. A few nuts on the side. Yum. Cinnamon tea. Glass of water.
I've put some chicken into marinate in lemon juice, garlic, rosemary and thyme - going to cook in coconut oil for dinner with veggies and sweet pots.
If I remember I'll take some photos of my meals and then post up a few days together.
Doh - forgot to ask the butcher about beef bones - planning on making my own bone broth, reduced it should make a great stock.
I have been rubbish at drinking water recently. I know there is a phone app to remind you, but I am not that attached to my phone and it's constantly lost or has a dead battery - I'd be liable to die of dehydration first. So someone suggested putting 8 bobbles or elastic bands around your wrist and take one off with each glass you drink - thought I'd do it with a pair of footless tights cut into rings. Tres chic!

largerthanmost said:
Made some ghee with half a pound of unsalted butter - has the most amazing nutty, buttery smell and it's made probably a little more than half the start weight in ghee, so far cheaper than the shop bought stuff.
Just had hot water and lemon first thing and walked the dog. Came home and threw half a punnet of mushrooms and a tsp of ghee in the actifry for 4 mins, added 2 slices chopped ham, 2 spring onions, a bit of chopped garlic and a big handful of spinach - cooked for another 2/3 mins. Threw on a plate with a big sliced tomato. A few nuts on the side. Yum. Cinnamon tea. Glass of water.
I've put some chicken into marinate in lemon juice, garlic, rosemary and thyme - going to cook in coconut oil for dinner with veggies and sweet pots.
If I remember I'll take some photos of my meals and then post up a few days together.
Doh - forgot to ask the butcher about beef bones - planning on making my own bone broth, reduced it should make a great stock.
I have been rubbish at drinking water recently. I know there is a phone app to remind you, but I am not that attached to my phone and it's constantly lost or has a dead battery - I'd be liable to die of dehydration first. So someone suggested putting 8 bobbles or elastic bands around your wrist and take one off with each glass you drink - thought I'd do it with a pair of footless tights cut into rings. Tres chic!

That's a good idea for the water... I have plenty of herb and fruit teas but I have to force myself to drink water... I guess its because I am in the pub and pop is on hand all the time...x

I did it! Made my Christmas goal- had a sneaky Weigh in and ta-da 11 stone 13lb. Going home Jan 31st and the aim is to still be under the 12 stone for that.
I was talking to a friend and said I wanted to get to 10 stone 10lb ish and the "oh you don't know when to stop" came out - at that weight I'm at the top end of my weight range still & I'd like a few pounds "wriggle room".
So going to keep going - nothing extreme, I like SW and I like primal - so going to mash them together. Eating fat and protein works for me, eating grains doesn't (although still not ready to give up porridge). And a body needs red wine and good chocolate - that's just common sense :D

I did it! Made my Christmas goal- had a sneaky Weigh in and ta-da 11 stone 13lb. Going home Jan 31st and the aim is to still be under the 12 stone for that.
I was talking to a friend and said I wanted to get to 10 stone 10lb ish and the "oh you don't know when to stop" came out - at that weight I'm at the top end of my weight range still & I'd like a few pounds "wriggle room".
So going to keep going - nothing extreme, I like SW and I like primal - so going to mash them together. Eating fat and protein works for me, eating grains doesn't (although still not ready to give up porridge). And a body needs red wine and good chocolate - that's just common sense :D

Well done that's excellent news... Nice to have you back...x

Thanks darlin' I've been diary stalking but not really posting ....

Food today -
Breakfast - half a yellow melon (25 cents in Supavalu - so going to feature a lot this week I think), cup of tea and eight almonds.
Lunch - sweet potato and squash soup (I was going to have some ham and spinach as well, but the ham I took out of the freezer turned out to be a lump of steak - damn my no labelling system) cup of tea and a mandarin.
Dinner - Kids want to make burgers so it's homemade beef and turkey burgers with stir fry veg and salad.
I have a real fancy for rhubarb in oj with ginger but it's a bit early for rhubarb and the tinned stuff is too sweet, will probably have some kind of pud but not sure what.
Have run out of my nicer herbal teas and the local health food store only has the more "puritanical" ones - so I'm on Twinings Lemon and Ginger but discovered throwing in a tsp of mixed spice makes it much nicer. Hoping Evergreen in Galway has the Birt and Tang range - love their ginger and cinnamon teas.

Last edited:
Haven't swam in ages. I need to swim! Crikey, me missing exercise. Wish the pool was nearer and had an au pair :D

Back