Tales of a Synner - time to track and take action!

Half term had me all over the place and by the end - really missing going out on my own for a walk or a swim. Did not track my diet but we ate healthily and if at times excessively there were no takeaways, chippers, pizza etc - although we did bake one day.
Loving herbal tea right now.
Have pomegranate, cinnamom and lemon and ginger with lemon on the go - plus some pu-erh. I've decided to cut back on my dairy again - I never liked milk, cheese, cream, eggs and only tried to eat them( unless mixed up into a cake ) as believed it was healthy but never managed an egg ...
Anyhow, bought some rice milk and see how it goes.

largerthanmost said:
Half term had me all over the place and by the end - really missing going out on my own for a walk or a swim. Did not track my diet but we ate healthily and if at times excessively there were no takeaways, chippers, pizza etc - although we did bake one day.
Loving herbal tea right now.
Have pomegranate, cinnamom and lemon and ginger with lemon on the go - plus some pu-erh. I've decided to cut back on my dairy again - I never liked milk, cheese, cream, eggs and only tried to eat them( unless mixed up into a cake ) as believed it was healthy but never managed an egg ...
Anyhow, bought some rice milk and see how it goes.

Try some of the nut milks too, I like hazelnut and the coconut nut fresh one from Tesco is nice...xx

Try some of the nut milks too, I like hazelnut and the coconut nut fresh one from Tesco is nice...xx
I might just do that - I breastfed the girls and when I weaned them they never really took to milk & so it's just not a big necessity in our house. I'll try them with the fresh coconut milk. Not had any need to open the rice milk yet - loving my cinnamon tea - it smells like Christmas in a mug.

largerthanmost said:
I might just do that - I breastfed the girls and when I weaned them they never really took to milk & so it's just not a big necessity in our house. I'll try them with the fresh coconut milk. Not had any need to open the rice milk yet - loving my cinnamon tea - it smells like Christmas in a mug.

Yes I like my Liquorice and Mint tea reminds me of Halloween...x

RawrGirl doesn't really like tea, but she loves coffee and always drinks it with sugar free cinnamon hazelnut cream, so she can def relate to the soothing nature of nice warm beverage. :)

And good for you for not indulging in pizza, chippers, and takewaways. That would be a major NSV for RawrGirl ..pat yourself on the back!

Decided I need to diarise my food again as I'm a bit all over the place (although 75% better than I was, now find myself overeating regarding lean meat, tomatoes, porridge etc when I've cut out most of my bread, pasta and grains - but when I do have grains I seem to crave them and my day ends a carb fuelled mess). So back to some basic willpower and the odd indulgence (hopefully).
Suprised by how many syns I used today as thought I'd been fairly good - but still well within limits.
I'm not a breakfast person - cup of tea does me normally but now trying to have something before I go walk the dog or do my "exercises" - they've opened a new park in town and there's a cross trainer, airwalker and a weight bench where you pull your own body weight up using your arms. So plan is 20 mins airwalker, 10 mins cross trainer and 20 reps 3 times a week - regardless of the Irish weather or 20 mins with the kettlebell at home. So today shaped up like this -
9.30 am Biggest Loser snack bar - 79 cals/4 syns 1.5g fat - walked dog for an hour.
12 noon Homemade veg and lentil soup with wholemeal roll filled with turkey and salad. HEB plus 2.5 syns for roll as is 70g. 4g fat.
1.30 pm Swimming - 1 hour and then a sauna.
3.30pm Apple and a clementine.
5pm 2 cups tea - milk from HEA and 1 ryvita with a light cheese triangle. 2 syns. 2g fat.
6pm - Chicken and mushroom in actifry with steamed cabbage and broccoli. 4g fat.
Dessert - fruit platter.

Syns 8.5
Fat - 11.5g

So why am I tracking fat? I want to see if by reducing the overall fat content in my diet and increasing the complex carbs compared to what I have been doing (more meat/protein and minimum grains) a) affects my weight losses b) alters the amount I eat c) if cutting fat helps cut my overall body fat % - having them measured tomorrow.

Dinner in the oven - roast chicken, lots of veg and maybe a potato if I want. Loving my actifry for wedges and veggie chips - not sure I'd justify the cost had I bought it myself but delighted with it as a gift.
Going to start my Tony Robbins again - even though I'm exercising fairly regularly, my focus isn't great and not feeling very motivated about life in general. Need to put down some new goals and start making progress.
I'd love to get to my challenge target with 3lb off on Tuesday - if I have 3 great days until then I might make it.
Bought a Mexx dress in a size 12 - long way off it zipping up but it's my new thinspiration - I think about 15lb should have it fitting and I'd like to do it by the end of January. Half of it by Christmas should be possible. To get there I am going to do less walking and more jogging - also think I'll get K's bike out and give it a go. Have a couple of hours free tomorrow so going to aim for 15 miles around the Burren. Time to challenge myself a bit, whilst I love swimming it's not giving me the same workout it did when I was 16 stone.
Feel really fat today - but got 3 compliments about how I looked whilst in the supermarket - so that was great. Makes you determined to do a bit more.
Have a great weekend

You too Mrs... Your plans sound fab as does your Actifry...*coverts*... x

Tons of stuff I want to try and do it - sweet potato and beetroot crisps first I think. My hellhound ate the chocolate fudge cake I got for the kids whilst we were downstairs making cards and so had to make some buns for a makeshift dessert - mainlined a tbsp of cake batter and a tbsp of betty crocker frosting - so better add an extra mile to tomorrow ....

largerthanmost said:
Tons of stuff I want to try and do it - sweet potato and beetroot crisps first I think. My hellhound ate the chocolate fudge cake I got for the kids whilst we were downstairs making cards and so had to make some buns for a makeshift dessert - mainlined a tbsp of cake batter and a tbsp of betty crocker frosting - so better add an extra mile to tomorrow ....

Bad doggy... Mind you better him getting the cake in one way, at least it isn't sitting there screaming eat me!
I think if Bro asks me what I want for Xmas I am going to say an actifry... x

Oh my gosh...I can't believe your dog ate the chocolate fudge cake. How horrible!

Lol, I think you will survive a tbl of cake and frosting. :)
Ooooo - look at that hot profile pic. And no flat hair ;)

largerthanmost said:
Ooooo - look at that hot profile pic. And no flat hair ;)

Wow, yes! Looking gorgeous RawrGirl! Much better profile pic.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Lol, thanks. That was right after curling it...it was flat shortly after. So yesterday RawrGirl took scissors to it as she doesn't think she will have the money to have it professionally cut before Christmas. So she gave herself some chin length bangs, cut off the dead ends, and gave herself long layers on the top (about shoulder length) while the underneath is still long. It's a bit choppy, so she needs to play around with it a bit, but as soon as she gets used to it, she will post a pic.

Have put big chunks of pumpkin and sweet potato with seasoning, in the actifry for dinner - hungry but don't want soup again, going to have with some leftover roast chicken, lettuce and a bit of mayo with it. Lazy cooking. 1 syn for mayo - lighter than light stuff.
Breakfast was melon followed by porridge topped with a small amount of seeds and raisins (4 syns) HEB
Lunch - Pumpkin and sweet potato soup
Snack - Banana and a slice of ham
Dinner - as above 1 syn.
Afters - melon and pineapple.

Will you post the recipe for the sweet potato soup? It sounds delish!
It was one of those make it as you go soups but tasted pretty good (a bit of cream would have made it great but hadn't got any) - 2 onions - chopped and softened, 2 carrots, 1 celery stick, 1 sweet potato, 1/4 pumpkin cut into chunks, garlic powder, couple sprigs thyme and a tsp of nutmeg. Cover most of the way with water and 2 chicken stock cubes. Simmer for about 30 mins then blitz til smooth. Add more water if needed. Add salt and pepper as liked. Serve with a dollop of cream. (I don't peel the pumpkin for the extra fibre, it blends fine)
It's also good with chilli flakes added.
It's a really cheap soup and low cal/carb - I don't have a freezer, so can only make small batches - this made enough for 5/6 bowls.

Hi
I have just read your diary, great inspiration, tomorrow I'm trying magic porridge
thank you
Bron

Back