Tara's Diary, trying to avoid diabetes

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
I thought that i would start a diary as others have rather than posting a bit here and there.

the reason why i am attempting ww for the third time, fingers crossed i am successful this time, is because both my nan and mum suffered and suffers from type 2 diabetes related to being overweight. i really wanted to get to a healthy BMI by my 40th birthday in July.

i had a good start of loosing 2 1/2lbs but then i gained 1/2lb by not writing everything down, the only saving grace was, that i exercised so it stopped me putting on too much.

i have been extremely good this week, have eaten all the correct amount of points. even managing to have 3 bottles of red wine (between me and hubby) over the weekend, and still not going over on my points.

two things are in my favour for this attempt and one is a great leader, a bit like a female version of David Dickinson, and this forum.

thanks everyone for all your posts helping me keep on the straight and narrow. XXXX

if you've been good I'm sure it will show for you this week :) good luck for your weigh-in and make sure you let us know how you do :)

Ooo lovely, another diary. We do like them :)

Congratulations on being proactive to avoid diabetes - my mum and grandma are/were diabetic as well and getting a healthy BMI is the best pressie you can give your bod :D

Fantastic. Well done x

havent added here for a while.

as some of you might have known, i have been struggling recently. same old story, join club, loose a bit, then have a couple of sticky weeks then loose motivation and then leave.
this time i have been sticking to the eating plan better, not 100% but trying.
i have now found that i am back on track and trying. i usually get up early to work out but since my 2 year old has been unwell (nearly two weeks), i have been too tired with getting disrupted sleep.
thanks for all your support and wish my luck for this evenings wi.xxxx

jump back on the wagon yeeeehaaaaaaaaa xxxx

defintely. i am so desperate to loose the weight that i think that i sometimes talk myself out of it, as though i am scared of failing so i make myself fail, does this make sense?

yes - i know exactly how you feel! But you know you can do this Tara, so stick in :) good luck with WI, im sure if you've stuck to the plan you will have a good loss tonight! xxx

Good luck with yr WI. Hope your little one is on the mend soon :) xxx

how was your WI tara? xxx

blooming hell, not a good one, i tell you.

i put on 3lbs but have no idea why. my leader has asked me to write everything down this week and bring in my tracker for her next week.

so disappointed. but whereas before i would have just given up, i dont feel like doing that.
i'm just really really peeved. i must have done something wrong, but i have got out the habit of tracking, so i am being meticulous at writing everything down now. :(:(

blooming hell, not a good one, i tell you.

i put on 3lbs but have no idea why. my leader has asked me to write everything down this week and bring in my tracker for her next week.

so disappointed. but whereas before i would have just given up, i dont feel like doing that.
i'm just really really peeved. i must have done something wrong, but i have got out the habit of tracking, so i am being meticulous at writing everything down now. :(:(

Sorry you put on hon, dont be too down about it. Glad it hasnt made you want to quit. You will get there. *Hugs*

Hope your LO is better soon x

Back