Target: To lose 100lbs by Xmas

I know it's ambitious but I have a target of losing 100lbs in approximately 23 weeks (xmas '09).

This averages out at about 4.5lbs per week which I feel is more than do able.

I mean it this time. I want to return to martial arts training - I left due to injury in summer 2005 and just piled the weight on since.

All my failed attempts behind me, I'm going to do it!

I'm going to weigh in on Sunday evening every week and post the results up for everyone!

Good luck GuitarJim, you sound really determined, so I am sure you will achieve your goal! Its good you have an ambition to keep you focused! Keep us posted with your progress!

good luck with your challenge although it does sound rather ambitious, just make sure that if you lose slightly less you still acknowledge your achievement x

Good Luck Jim,

I have a similar challenge I have set myself which works out at approx 3lbs per week starting this week. I am however going to try it over 4 weeks at a time as my weight fluctuates.

So I am aiming for 12lb every 4 weeks.

Good luck and look forward to reading about your progress.

Wendy

Disaster has struck. I over exercised on Monday and am still sore from it. Along with that I went out with friends yesterday and pigged out on fast food.

My target is seeming really out of reach now.

ok so you had a blip
forget about yesterday todays a new day
think forward put your big goal to the side for a minute and make small goals theyre easier to reach 1 step at a time remember you have to be able to walk before you can run
say to yourself
i can do this yes i can

keep at it DONT give in , theres lots more days ahead stay focussed , ive lost 93lbs since feb n ive had my up days and my down ones xx

Thanks peeps. I've managed to keep to the diet today but didn't really do much in the way of exercise.
Will probably get back to that tomorrow. Your right that I need to look at the short term and take each step at a time. I've got my determination back now.
Thanks again.

see one step at a time does it small goals and you will get there ......well done

Ok so a bit of a disasterous weekend has led to a gain of 2lbs this week. Oddly enough this has not deterred me though. I know now that I can eat less and exercise more and if I stick with it it should come off.

I have noticed I have not been drinking as much water of late so need to start keeping the fluids up.

Hopefully my next weigh in will be a loss.

It will come off!

It's important to drink at least 2lt of water a day, it helps to flush your system out... a lot of people notice big losses in the first week or two because of this.

You are doing great though...keep it up :)

Back