Target weight or target size?

Lynn8124

Gold Member
I was thinking if I ever succeed I'd like to get down to 11st but also think I should focus on a target size instead. I think a 14 is reasonable. That'd prob be around 10-11st anyhow.

I'd be happy to get below the 20st mark right now, only 12lbs to go! :D

I'm working to a target clothes size as well - at the end of the day it doesn't matter what the scales say if you are happy with the clothes size you are wearing (of course it doesn't stop me jumping on the scales every morning LOL)

I'm not that bothered about the scales either in the end. I will probably be happy at a size 14 too. My CDC (lovely lady) is more interested in my BMI but it doesnt float my boat lol.
Roll on this time next year when im a 14's
Good luck to you two.
Lynne x

if you are anything like me i keep changing my mind, hen i 1st started cd i wanted to be a comfy size 16 but when i got there i wanted to go smaller im now a loosish 12 and am thinking i could do with losing anothe st really, good luck hunni you can be whayever you want to be.xxx

Good Morning all, 1st day back on cd 1 shake down 12 oclock my next one belly is already rumbling - can i suceed 2day??? i hope so i would love to lose a stone b4 christmas, i need to get past the 1st 3-4 days any good points to get me through?? kerry

The BMI thing is pants, for example, the whole of the England Rugby team is classed as Obese and most of what they have is muscle. I am not saying it doesn't make sense but tbh it doesn't apply to everyone. I want to be a 14. Loved myself then because I had beautiful curves.

Bmi is rubbish and far to general. Yes its a guide but you really cant trust it. Mate of mine said to me the other day, "oh you must weigh the same as me now" he's 12 1/2 i'm 16 1/2 so nowhere near, although ive still weight to lose theres no way i'll go as low as 12 1.2 maybe not even 13 1/2.
Think people get far to obsessed with bmi and weight rather than getting to a point where they are happy. :)

The BMI thing is pants, for example, the whole of the England Rugby team is classed as Obese and most of what they have is muscle. I am not saying it doesn't make sense but tbh it doesn't apply to everyone. I want to be a 14. Loved myself then because I had beautiful curves.
I think Mike Tyson was about 17 stone at his peak, only about 5 foot 9" aswell so without working it out that cant be far off morbidly obese, yet he was absolutely solid so I agree 100% with you on that. :)

Ive got in my head 10 stone 4lbs but if I reach a size 12 before then I'll change it. But I want to be a size 10/12. I figure if I'm going from a size 32, I might as well get to a 10!! :D

I go by weight. I want to be 9 stone something (I am only 5.3). Exactly what I won't know until I get under 10 because I have never been that low in my adult life. The sizes don't mean as much to me as the scales.

im working on both although my goal is 10 stone at the moment im 11.4, and fitting nice into a 12, another stone and im a 10 but dont know whether that will suit my frame, so probably go for 10.7 stone and have flexability around this weight x

I am going for 11 stone or 12-14. I don't want to be super skinny, or even thin, I just want to have a nice shape and preferably a 40s hourglass figure!

I'm going to go on size. I know BMI is important health wise, but if someone could wave a magic wand and say you can be a size 10 but weigh 100 stone I would take up the offer.

My goal is 9.5 stone, but once I get there I might change it, as last time I was 9.5 stone the bottom of my tummy wasn't completely flat, but it might be different this time. I guess, I'll just have to judge when I get near my goal.

Everyones body shape is different: take this article with a pinch of salt, I think most of them are too thin & you don't know if they are telling the truth. (The article is 1.5 yrs old)
"Money lasts longer than love" | Showbiz | News Of The World

Nadine from Girls Aloud says she is 5ft6 and weighs 7st 7lb (her BMI is 16.85!!!!) and is a size 6-8
Whereas Cheryl says she's 5ft3 and weighs 8st and is a size 6. Sarah says she's 5ft6, 8st and size 8. They all say they are on a diet, apart from Nicola!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm going to go on size. I know BMI is important health wise, but if someone could wave a magic wand and say you can be a size 10 but weigh 100 stone I would take up the offer.

My goal is 9.5 stone, but once I get there I might change it, as last time I was 9.5 stone the bottom of my tummy wasn't completely flat, but it might be different this time. I guess, I'll just have to judge when I get near my goal.

Everyones body shape is different: take this article with a pinch of salt, I think most of them are too thin & you don't know if they are telling the truth. (The article is 1.5 yrs old)
"Money lasts longer than love" | Showbiz | News Of The World

Nadine from Girls Aloud says she is 5ft6 and weighs 7st 7lb (her BMI is 16.85!!!!) and is a size 6-8
Whereas Cheryl says she's 5ft3 and weighs 8st and is a size 6. Sarah says she's 5ft6, 8st and size 8. They all say they are on a diet, apart from Nicola!!!!!

Yeah that Girls Aloud thing is weird. I would love to look like Cheryl Cole, but 8st?!?!? she is for sure less than that. I think Nadine is probably the only one who is being honest.

Think its hard to tell on tv how small someone is, like these size zeros, I only know 1 person who is a size zero, shes a friend of my cousin and she is absolutely tiny, tall for a girl but in person shes minute, hands are probably 1/3 size of mine and my forearms are bigger than her thighs, yet when seen on tv they just look like a smaller girl as everyone around them is small also.
I know its been said loads but young girls need to realise there is no way of being that small unless its natural or being unhealthy, more should aspire to be like Holly Willoughby :love:

I think my older sister is a size zero (or looks it) but she might not be as she is fairly tall 176cm. I know her waist is 22 inches.
Everyone is different, I carry most of my weight on my boobs, bum, hips and a bit on the bottom of my tummy. My waist isn't bad, as I have an hourglass figure, but when I lose weight I will be more in proportion.

Kerry hope you've got through day 1 okay - let us know how you've been ---- all I can advise is to hang in there, it will get better.

I'd love to be a 10/12 - I'm only 5'2" and it would be lovely to be slim - much rather concentrate on size rather than lbs but yes that doesn't stop me getting weighed either :)

Back