Taster Evening

Pesty - I can't see why not hun! xx

Thanks :) its just 1 want to make some for our taster evening but we have a very big group and i dont really fancy buying enough drumsticks to feed the 5000 lol

I am either going to just do KFC chicken or im going to do cocktail stick kebabs (as i'll get loads out of 1 chicken breast) and home made scotch eggs that are free if you use the bread crumbs as a HEX B

xx

Do you think you can do KFC on chicken strips?????? xx

Yes you can. I did this for our taster session. The mixture of paste was just about enough to coat 7 chicken breasts. If you make it with couscous so that it is completely syn free, (Bread crumbs have to be synned or counted as a Hex) then mix the herbs with the cous cous before you make it up with the water and I would suggest doubling the amount the packet says for 4 people.

I made probably 30/35 strips with that amount.

What a disaster :-( Made the large jaffa cake. There was just not enough chocolate and it just wouldn't spread. In the photo there looked to be loads of choc down the sides mine didn't even cover the top :-( Any advise please. It was gorgous though :)
Thanks
Clare

We had our taster evening and I made scotch eggs and mini kebabs! Both went down really well and my OH protested that it was 'so unfair' as there weren't any left so i have to make some over the weekend whilst we watch various world cup matches lol

A tip for those that do make the scotch eggs, cook them on a wire rack so that they are crispy all round otherwise you end up with them having gooey bottoms!! xx

My first taster night, I made chocolate chip cookies, that were in the Mullerlight recipe book back in January. Then the last one, I made roasted vegetable cous cous and Weetabix cake. Got another one in July, and it's got to be summer time foods, so I'll be racking my brains again soon!
Can I ask how you made the choc chip cookies I can't find it

so if i want to use ryvita crispbread instead of scanbran what would the syn break down be??

Also do they set properly as nutella is quite soft?? xx

I've never tried the ryvita... and mine didn't set but maybe that's cos I forgot the water!? :confused:

I really want to try the coronation sauce you make with the Apricot mullerlight - has anyone done that yet? sounds too good to be true!

I probably wouldn't make corononation chicken with it for class as the chicken is quite expensive, but i wanted to make a version of the coronation potato salad that you get in Harvester pubs instead! Boilder new potatoes and chopped red onion in coronation sauce - it's gorgeous int he pub, but wonder if the SW recipe will work?! x

I read it on the recipe forum somewhere - you just mix an apricot mullerlite with curry powder and extra light mayo - it didn't give quantities, you just mix until you find the right taste i think! going to give it a go tonight!

Ive done ryvita ferrero rocher - mixture made 18 and worked out at 1.5 syns each x

I read it on the recipe forum somewhere - you just mix an apricot mullerlite with curry powder and extra light mayo - it didn't give quantities, you just mix until you find the right taste i think! going to give it a go tonight!

That sounds well strange! lol let me know how it goes, i dont think ive got an apricot one in the fridge but if i have i'll try it! xx

Can I ask how you made the choc chip cookies I can't find it

God, I can't remember now, not made them since. The recipe was in the little Mullerlight recipe that came in the December or January magazine. Let me grab the book!

6oz/170g self-raising flour
3oz/85g low-fat spread (suitable for baking)
12 tbsp artificial sweetner
2.5 oz/71g chocolate chips
3 tbsp fat-free natural fromage frais
1 egg yolk

Preheat the oven at 180C/350F/Gas mark 4 and line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Sift the flour into a bowl, add the spread and rub it into the flour, using your fingertips, until it resembles breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over the sweetner and mix.

Add the chocolate chips, fromage frais, and egg yolk, stir and then knead with your hands to form a soft dough. Divide the mixture into 18 portioins and toll each one into a ball. Place the dough balls onto a baking sheet and using the back of a damp fork, lightly press down to form cookie shapes.

Bake in the oven for 12 - 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool before serving.

Makes 18 cookies, 3.5 syns per cookie

Just copied it from the book! :) I would say make sure there is enough room on the baking tray (I used two) and don't squidge them down to much. Also, keep an eye on them whilst they are baking, cos if you do them for too long, they go hard.

Last edited:
Thanks Claire, :)

Back